PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Supra Stern Thruster option

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Working on a 2021 SA build and originally laughed at the $8700 ish stern thruster option.......

After thinking about some of my summer docking situations the last 3 years with a V drive, it’s starting to become more appealing.

I frequent one lake where the dock is in a sheltered bay and docking is a breeze even on a windy day, however, the other lake I frequent is unprotected, busy docks and fully exposed to lake traffic that sends rollers right into the docks.

I also currently limit myself to docking on the left side, thrusters would give me the option of docking on the right side.

Does anyone have a 21 yet with the thruster option, what do you think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SONIC
08-11-2020, 01:50 PM
I haven't driven one with a thruster but it's certainly a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind the expense. If financing it won't make that much difference in payment and the 8700 is MSRP it's likely really more like 5k.

Why do you dock on the left side? I always go right (starboard, driver) that way when you come in to dock you can go forward and back on the throttle and slowly pull yourself into the dock.

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 02:22 PM
I haven't driven one with a thruster but it's certainly a worthwhile upgrade if you don't mind the expense. If financing it won't make that much difference in payment and the 8700 is MSRP it's likely really more like 5k.

Why do you dock on the left side? I always go right (starboard, driver) that way when you come in to dock you can go forward and back on the throttle and slowly pull yourself into the dock.

That’s what I meant, the boat is on the left side of dock.

MJHSupra
08-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Not sure many people are using b/c it just came out in July 2020. Boats are hitting the showroom now.

The local dealer has a 2021 SE with them, but the last time I spoke to them they did not get enough time to 'play' with them. Looks cool.

Agree, would be a cool function, but need to know more. Could you use it when surfing for turning around? Are there limits on the speed getting low enough to use? Etc.

I also see the down side, it's new. Does it really work? Do we have to wait for Thrusters 2.0 or 3.0 if there are any bugs.
BTW - is Nautique having issues with them? Notice a pic on social media and looking like the controller in the engine compartment was melted.

I thought they would be bigger, but they sit under the swim platform pretty well.

Stazi
08-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Get this instead and save $8700
Works awesome for me!

EVERSPROUT Telescopic Boat Hook | Floating, Heavy-Duty Design | Non-Slip EVA Foam Hand Grips | Lightweight, Rust-Resistant Aluminum, 3-Stage Pole (Length: 13 Feet, 19 Feet, 25 Feet) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HHKRFNT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0ZUmFb3778S4R

sandm
08-11-2020, 03:09 PM
a guy I know has a tige with factory thrusters. he has had the boat for a few months.
the little we have spoken, he liked the option. 23ft boat.

the only way I would spend the coin would be the ease of teaching the gf how to dock but in 13 years of owning and running wakeboats in different docks/lakes and weather I haven't had a situation that would prompt me to drop another 5-8k on them nor would it command a premium in my eyes on the used market BUT I know others that would search this feature out 100% if it becomes mainstream.

SONIC
08-11-2020, 03:10 PM
I assume supra is using the same setup as the other brands which is this one:
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 03:15 PM
I am sure it’s an EZ Drive system, however the throttle integration might be SC proprietary.

This system looks better than bu or Nautique as it’s two units outboard of the exhaust so the thruster don’t get cavitated with exhaust air.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/158e88596b10289ef09aad14dfcb36d6.jpg

It has a dock hold feature and yes, it’s supposed to be useful picking up your down rider.

Resale is interesting, in 3 years thrusters will have been on all the premium boat brands. Will it be expected in 3 years?

Will it be like the power tower? They are nice but now most say a requirement for resale.

MJHSupra
08-11-2020, 03:31 PM
Pic from onlyinboard today. MO dealer.

jcarter20
08-11-2020, 08:34 PM
At the rate boats sales are going and all the damn newbies buying expensive Boats they have no clue how to drive....I would say it can’t hurt your resale value.

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 08:56 PM
At the rate boats sales are going and all the damn newbies buying expensive Boats they have no clue how to drive....I would say it can’t hurt your resale value.

Not going to lie, I really want to get my wife and teen son docking capable. I don’t trust them with a V drive.

Does a 22.5 boat need thrusters? No, but I need to see a demo of the Supra version. It looks slick.

jcarter20
08-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Not going to lie, I really want to get my wife and teen son docking capable. I don’t trust them with a V drive.

Does a 22.5 boat need thrusters? No, but I need to see a demo of the Supra version. It looks slick.

Agreed, it is great for that also. Just venting my frustration with more idiots at the docks this year then I have ever seen. Ha ha. If the question is about resale, I certainly think it would be a good selling point in the future. Not sure it will net you an extra $5k, but if I was looking at the exact same used boat and one had it and one didn’t.... I would get the one with thrusters. I don’t need them, but my wife and two young kids who will eventually be learning to drive could certainly benefit. Which means I can sit back and relax at some point in my life. [emoji6]

mgswake
08-11-2020, 09:34 PM
Agreed, it is great for that also. Just venting my frustration with more idiots at the docks this year then I have ever seen. Ha ha. If the question is about resale, I certainly think it would be a good selling point in the future. Not sure it will net you an extra $5k, but if I was looking at the exact same used boat and one had it and one didn’t.... I would get the one with thrusters. I don’t need them, but my wife and two young kids who will eventually be learning to drive could certainly benefit. Which means I can sit back and relax at some point in my life. [emoji6]

Idiots is a strong word, but I have seen a bunch of threads on different brand pages of people buying new Moomba, Axis, Nautique as their first boat. Not even first wakeboat, first boat! I think a lot of it has to do with surfing and how it is so much less intimidating for newbies. I don’t like the extra people on the lake and I’m not a fan of the rising prices, but it’s working out for boat sales. And surfing is really taking over as the main “tow” sport.

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 09:44 PM
I will say the lakes have been noticeably busier this year, the sand bar we frequent went from 10-12 boats on a weekend to 20-25, it’s noticeable.

That said, yet another use for thrusters, weaving to get out of the sand bar traffic.

sandm
08-11-2020, 09:47 PM
24 months there is going to be a flood of used boats hitting the market with varying degrees of care. I see more abused boats than cared for.
once kids are able to be back in sports and the novelty of boating wears off, it'll be a bad year to be building new tow boats.

haknslash
08-11-2020, 09:48 PM
Not gonna lie, if I had the coin I would option for a thruster. Not sure about 8 G's though but a couple grand I would for sure get one. The cabin we recently rented always seemed to have a stiff crosswind every time we came back to the cabin from a day of boating and I had to abort a few docking attempts because my angle would get messed up from the wind changing as we approached the dock. Not to say I haven't learned a lot about driving and docking these boats and that I'm more than comfortable docking (at least always to starboard lol) but I would like a thruster just to help steer the stern any direction without gear changes. I imagine picking up a downed rider would be even easier and faster as well. Maybe one day I'll get that option years down the road when the tech feature hype dies down a little bit.

Isaguel
08-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Thruster? Yes, all the way. I have owned a V-drive for 5 seasons and no matter how much experienced I've gained and how adept I am at driving my V-drive, I would take a thruster in a heart beat, at the right price. 8700$ no, but 3-4k yes. I just don't see how a small electric motor, some cabling and a controller can be that expensive. I know this is an oversimplification but, you get the idea.
But, if 8700$ is no issue for you, then by all means, I know I would if I had that money burning a hole in my pocket.

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 09:55 PM
Technically it’s $8700 MSRP, but who has paid MSRP for a tow boat?

sandm
08-11-2020, 10:02 PM
I just don't see how a small electric motor, some cabling and a controller can be that expensive. I know this is an oversimplification but, you get the idea.

same reason that a tower for a towboat cost north of 15k. or clamping boardracks are 4k. or a bimini is 2k. or a paragon is 275k.

makes no sense but we all line up to spend our hard earned monies......

Isaguel
08-11-2020, 10:04 PM
OK, I just submitted a request for a quote on ezdrive for the Horizontal classic. I'll let u all know what the quote comes at. Then installation will be separate. Doing this just out of curiosity. My wife just said: "We are not getting a thruster!". Oh well.

It includes all components, mounting hardware and breaker.

larry_arizona
08-11-2020, 10:08 PM
Does the EZ Drive Thruster install void the hull warranty? I swear I read that somewhere??

Surgical_ass
08-11-2020, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly irritated about the extra water traffic. There are boats everywhere this year! Not just play boats either. Prob double the fishing boats and paddle board/kayakers. Seen alot of sketchy situations. On the other hand it's been entertaining at the ramp. Watched a guy run his AR 190 into the dock no bumpers then when loading came in a little hot panicked at the last min threw it in reverse got it sideways and ran up on the trailer fender then almost hit a BU picking up at the dock.

Back on topic, I think the thrusters are pretty cool. Not 8k cool but I could see where it could help someone new learning to maneuver these boats around in tight spots. Tying back up at the dock was my biggest anxiety when we first got the boat. Would have been nice to have a little more control in the beginning.

sandm
08-11-2020, 10:51 PM
Does the EZ Drive Thruster install void the hull warranty? I swear I read that somewhere??

yup. you are correct.

larry_arizona
08-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Would be interested in what an EZ Drive system runs?

Are they like $2000? $3000? $4000?

Also the Supra dual thruster outboard of the exhaust stream makes sense. Does the Supra system have any more features than the EZD?

Isaguel
08-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Yep. Looks like they won’t give me an estimate without talking directly. Gotta make that sale, right!. Too bad. I gave them my boat model and which thruster I wanted so it should have been pretty straight forward, just send me the cost, it’s a standard kit in a box!
.This is their answer:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200813/412691f298fd62efaaa04aec7eb141f0.jpg

larry_arizona
08-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Get ready for high pressure sales.

Isaguel
08-12-2020, 09:31 PM
I couldn't resist. I submitted a response for a quote. We'll see. I'll let u know what I get quoted at. Depending on price, there might be some turbulence brewing at the Isaguel's residence. My wife already gave that look of " we are NOT spending any more money on that boat!. "

larry_arizona
08-12-2020, 09:44 PM
I will predict $5000 installed.

Isaguel
08-12-2020, 10:43 PM
That'll be a good one to take a poll on.

Jimm
08-13-2020, 04:05 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly irritated about the extra water traffic. There are boats everywhere this year! Not just play boats either. Prob double the fishing boats and paddle board/kayakers. Seen alot of sketchy situations. On the other hand it's been entertaining at the ramp. Watched a guy run his AR 190 into the dock no bumpers then when loading came in a little hot panicked at the last min threw it in reverse got it sideways and ran up on the trailer fender then almost hit a BU picking up at the dock.

Seems like over the last month or so the amount of traffic on our lake has tripled. Every wanna-be Bill Dance must have used their stimulus check to buy a bass boat they can drive at 80 MPH while they talk to the passengers. And damn pontoon boats. Its like a freaking armada every day ready to retake Omaha Beach. Talk about inattentive drivers.
I have seen some very nice new wake boats though. The guy 2 houses up just bought a Paragon that I got to drive the other day. I'll stick with my little ol Moomba. Speaking of which, they have boomed in popularity this year. The last few years it was all Malibus and Nats. Got a little Moomba posse going on which is fun.

z28ke
08-13-2020, 08:14 AM
And damn pontoon boats. Its like a freaking armada every day ready to retake Omaha Beach.

Hahaha this is the truth! Literally made me laugh out loud because you nailed what it looks like every time I fall and look behind me while my wife is bringing the boat around.

larry_arizona
08-13-2020, 09:15 AM
Back on topic. I hope SC starts showing demos on their integrated thrusters, odds are there will not be a boat show season this year and it would be nice to see and hear a product description to help understand if it’s worth an $8700 option.

Stazi
08-13-2020, 09:18 AM
There’s no way on earth I’d pay almost $9000 for that option. Talk about a preposterous markup. I’ll stick with my $30 boat pole.

Wake me up when it’s a $2000 option (still too much IMO)

larry_arizona
08-13-2020, 09:23 AM
There’s no way on earth I’d pay almost $9000 for that option. Talk about a preposterous markup. I’ll stick with my $30 boat pole.

Wake me up when it’s a $2000 option (still too much IMO)

I won’t argue the cost is high and yes, the boat poles work great, as I took your advice a couple years ago.

Maybe I have dreams of my wife dropping me off at the dock to get the truck and trailer, backing the trailer in the water and having her float the boat onto the trailer as I ratchet it up and pull to the tie down lane.......lol

After discounts the cost looks better but still high, I really want to understand the full integrated features of the thrusters.

Mobius22
08-13-2020, 10:50 AM
Compared to other factory thruster prices, it's actually a pretty good value. And you get two...

You twist the top of the throttle to turn and there's also some software updates that allow you to "Dock Hold" the boat with the thruster through the dash. Basically, it'll keep the boat pushed up against the dock while you tie it off

Dealers have them and can help more, but they're a really cool addition.

larry_arizona
08-13-2020, 10:56 AM
Thanks Drew.

Will there be a YouTube video forthcoming?

Does the dock hold on hold the boat horizontally or does it control fore/aft?

Mobius22
08-13-2020, 11:01 AM
There will be videos coming soon.

You can select which side (port/starboard) that you want the boat to hold to and it'll adjust

jph3
08-13-2020, 01:07 PM
FWIW, I drove a G25 this weekend with the Stern Thruster. Game changer for a boat that size, and not for docking... I put it on Auto mode and loved it when I was picking up the surfer. It just flat out works REALLY well, esp in the wind.

larry_arizona
08-13-2020, 01:23 PM
Good feedback, not sure if Supras is steering integrated, but if it’s on the throttle handle, and you can turn on a dime, you wouldn’t have to wait for the wake to pass you to get your rider.

jimmsch
08-13-2020, 07:36 PM
not worth the almost $9000...maybe $800.00. That price is completely offensive.

jph3
08-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Nautique charges $10k... it’s on par.

Stazi
08-14-2020, 08:18 AM
Insane.

jcarter20
08-16-2020, 09:12 PM
Not going to lie. After the last 4 days of teaching new people how to surf and ski....I might change my opinion on the thrusters. While I Agree the price is crazy high....so are the boat prices in general. If you can afford $170k for a boat, I guess you can afford the $8k for the thrusters. With current, wind, and people not being ready behind the boat when needed, I could see where moving the back of the boat a few feet one way or the other could be great. I had never really thought about any use other than docking, but this thread had me thinking all weekend how nice those things would be as I made a second circle around my skier [emoji6].

FamilyMan
08-16-2020, 11:12 PM
My exact feelings. Feel like a broken record to the newbs I am teaching "apologies....the wind is forcing the nose that way...hold on for a sec..." And then they struggle to reposition or waves I was trying to get in front of catch up etc. Not as much of an issue when its just my family, but kids (and me) always have friends looking to go out.

NewbFam5
08-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Maybe I have dreams of my wife dropping me off at the dock to get the truck and trailer, backing the trailer in the water and having her float the boat onto the trailer as I ratchet it up and pull to the tie down lane.......lol

Now that is hilarious because it's so true! I parked a truck and trailer for a stranger this weekend because it was a bit windy so the dude was on the boat. His wife pulled the trailer up into the lot and parked the truck in the middle of the road, got out and asked the attendant if there were any pull through spots. He said no, you'll have to back it in and she just about melted like the Wicked Witch of the East. We were standing right there so I told her I would park it for her. I think 90% are in the same situation.

NewbFam5
08-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Idiots is a strong word, but I have seen a bunch of threads on different brand pages of people buying new Moomba, Axis, Nautique as their first boat. Not even first wakeboat, first boat! I think a lot of it has to do with surfing and how it is so much less intimidating for newbies. I don’t like the extra people on the lake and I’m not a fan of the rising prices, but it’s working out for boat sales. And surfing is really taking over as the main “tow” sport.

OK, for those of you that have been boating enthusiasts for years with multiple boats..... It took me 4 years of brow beating my wife for us to get into a boat. We got a surf boat because we want to surf and the kids want to swim. My boys might like wakeboarding as some point as they get older so V-drive boat right out of the gate. Is the learning curve steep, yes but over all we are very courteous boaters, we don't take up dock space when launching or trailering because we go early and take out early. Would it be better if we were a bit more time efficient yes so maybe the thruster option will be on our next boat so my wife or my teen(s) can handle the boat with more confidence on and off the trailer at the dock. No one taught me how to do any of this and because we are driving a very expensive boat I have taken time to learn to handle the boat. So is $8k MSRP too much? Maybe not if it protects our investment, keeps my fellow boating community happier and gives me more options on who is driving the boat when putting in or taking out.

gtsum2
08-17-2020, 02:36 PM
I have the thruster on my g23 and at first I used it all the time in auto mode... now I just use it manually when needed docking...especially if wind is high and waves are coming in. The g is a bit of a pig at low speeds, so to me, it’s worth it. And what’s another 8-10k when you are north of 180-200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

larry_arizona
08-18-2020, 10:22 AM
I have the thruster on my g23 and at first I used it all the time in auto mode... now I just use it manually when needed docking...especially if wind is high and waves are coming in. The g is a bit of a pig at low speeds, so to me, it’s worth it. And what’s another 8-10k when you are north of 180-200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great example on a 23 foot tall freeboard application.

I would say this is similar to the SA responsiveness at the dock.

It’s a high cost but when you visit as many lakes as I do, you never know what docking conditions you may encounter.

mgswake
08-18-2020, 12:42 PM
OK, for those of you that have been boating enthusiasts for years with multiple boats..... It took me 4 years of brow beating my wife for us to get into a boat. We got a surf boat because we want to surf and the kids want to swim. My boys might like wakeboarding as some point as they get older so V-drive boat right out of the gate. Is the learning curve steep, yes but over all we are very courteous boaters, we don't take up dock space when launching or trailering because we go early and take out early. Would it be better if we were a bit more time efficient yes so maybe the thruster option will be on our next boat so my wife or my teen(s) can handle the boat with more confidence on and off the trailer at the dock. No one taught me how to do any of this and because we are driving a very expensive boat I have taken time to learn to handle the boat. So is $8k MSRP too much? Maybe not if it protects our investment, keeps my fellow boating community happier and gives me more options on who is driving the boat when putting in or taking out.

I was actually trying to defend people at the docks. Everyone is out there wanting to enjoy the water. I think you make a great point about trying to learn how to handle the boat and be courteous to others. As long as people share the ramps and the water in a safe way, everyone should be happy.

The reason I was mentioning surfing, is it seems that surfing has really pushed the sale of wakeboats the past 3-5 years. The technology, prices, and size of waves have all increased greatly in that short span. Just my personal observations, wasn't trying to target or offend anyone.

larry_arizona
08-18-2020, 12:48 PM
There is no doubt surfing is THE watersport marketing these boats.

Everyone can surf, young, old,big or small.

Not everyone can wakeboard. I watch my 17yo landing in the flat and no way would my old ass tolerate those impacts. It’s a youth sport to an extent.

Surf is universal, in my opinion more than tubing.

larry_arizona
08-18-2020, 01:38 PM
I was checking out how MC does thrust vectoring, called DockStar.

I would choose separate thrusters over two added rudders in front of the prop.

However DockStar is $3200

SONIC
08-18-2020, 03:16 PM
DockStar is very cool, but more limited than a thruster.

It allows you to turn in reverse but doesn't give you any sideways push like a thruster does, it just makes it handle more like an IO or an outboard.

It's also mechanical so will likely never fail and cause extremely expensive out of warranty repairs lol

larry_arizona
08-18-2020, 04:23 PM
All the premium brands have this now.
Supra
Malibu
MC
Nautique
Tige
Pavati

NewbFam5
08-18-2020, 09:51 PM
I was actually trying to defend people at the docks. Everyone is out there wanting to enjoy the water. I think you make a great point about trying to learn how to handle the boat and be courteous to others. As long as people share the ramps and the water in a safe way, everyone should be happy.

The reason I was mentioning surfing, is it seems that surfing has really pushed the sale of wakeboats the past 3-5 years. The technology, prices, and size of waves have all increased greatly in that short span. Just my personal observations, wasn't trying to target or offend anyone.

It definitely has. We are fighting a huge battle with the paddle boarders and the kayakers in Portland. They want the river to themselves and want to ban artificial wake producing boats all together. Funny thing is that I see more people with paddle boards that back their car down the ramp and tie up the boat launch for 20 minutes as they unpack. Family of four on three boards, kids were not wearing life jackets crossing a busy section of river. Ultimately there are very uneducated water enthusiasts in every market and most people don't take the time to acknowledge that we all share the docks, the rivers and the lakes. Saw a dude in an older Mobius gun it right of the end of the dock and just about wiped out a wave runner. So ultimately it is more about the individual person regardless of experience however there is no replacement for experience and I respect that as well so not offended just offering up my experience so far as well.

Stazi
08-19-2020, 07:40 AM
The moment you said Portland I knew you were screwed.

larry_arizona
08-19-2020, 07:53 AM
I have noticed kayaks galore this year. They sneak up on you.

I was aligning my rider getting ready to make a run, I looked straight ahead and was clear, what I could not see was the kayak 10 feet from my bow port side crossing in front of me.

I saw him the second time I looked.

sandm
08-19-2020, 11:44 AM
they're everywhere. and nothing quick about a family of paddlers at the boat launch......
the section of the colorado river that goes from willow beach to hoover dam is closed to boating sundays/mondays for kayakers and from labor day to memorial day it's closed to any boat over 65hp. for paddlers.
a preferable option to closing rivers for good. boaters get friday/saturday as a weekend. kayakers/sup's get sunday/monday and kayakers know on fri/sat they are going to deal with boat wakes.

Swervy
08-19-2020, 04:28 PM
i saw the new 2021 Supra SA with the thrusters at my dealer yesterday. Wow, what an amazing boat. I asked if they would take my Max for a straight up trade lol

larry_arizona
09-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Drew,

Any thruster updates you can share with the forum. Is a demo video forthcoming to show it in action along with the dock hold feature?

rdlangston13
09-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Drew,

Any thruster updates you can share with the forum. Is a demo video forthcoming to show it in action along with the dock hold feature?

Don't you need a front thruster as well to have a dock hold feature?

larry_arizona
09-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Don't you need a front thruster as well to have a dock hold feature?

Exactly why I am looking for a video or description of the feature.

My guess is you rope the bow and the thruster runs the stern against the dock for a period of time long enough for you to tie off the back.

Even if you had a bow thruster, nothing would control fore aft movement.

MJHSupra
09-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Drew,

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNothing has been on social media either.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
09-25-2020, 07:58 AM
Exactly why I am looking for a video or description of the feature.

My guess is you rope the bow and the thruster runs the stern against the dock for a period of time long enough for you to tie off the back.

Even if you had a bow thruster, nothing would control fore aft movement.

I would imagine if you had a bow and stern thruster both pushing against the dock that the friction generated by the pressure of the boat against the dock would somewhat limit fore and aft movement.

Mobius22
09-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Drew,

Marketing is working on a video for the thrusters

tre
09-25-2020, 12:35 PM
Well. I may as well be the first to ask. Can I retrofit this to my 2020 SE? I imagine physically attaching it is an issue but the software likely required to make all of this work is the larger issue.

Isaguel
09-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Well. I may as well be the first to ask. Can I retrofit this to my 2020 SE? I imagine physically attaching it is an issue but the software likely required to make all of this work is the larger issue.

When you look at the picks it appears the platform brackets fit within the thruster housing, so I am wondering if the platform brackets had to be redesigned. If that is the case, retrofitting may not be plausible. If you are going to pay anyways, and retrofitting is problematic, you should look into the easythruster option. I sent them an e-mail to get a quote but they wanted me to contact my dealer so they can put together a quote for parts and installation. I was not ready to commit so I did not want to bother my dealer with it. Eazythruster sales rep answered me in an e-mail that they "have a relationship with SC and the thruster install will not void hull warranty", presumably as long as it is installed by an authorized dealer. They looked up my region and told me Nisswa marine, where I bought my boat, was authorized installer. In a way I get that, they want to make sure it is installed correctly and preserves hull warranty. I was hoping I could just get a quote on parts but they wouldn't. I'd say consider it. It looks like a pretty cool system, It is more like the nautigue system, single bidirectional center mounted thruster under the platform.

sandm
09-25-2020, 07:43 PM
not to get off topic but anyway...

lots of people toss around the "lifetime hull warranty". I wonder how many boats are actually swapped out due to a bad hull. it happens from time to time but I wonder what the "true" number is across the industry. something tells me its really low for a hull to just fail without some duma$$ driving it across or onto something that is then owner error..

we didn't even think twice about drilling 4 vent/drain holes in our first tige when going from single fill/drain to dual. boat had 15hrs when we did it.

larry_arizona
09-25-2020, 07:54 PM
not to get off topic but anyway...

lots of people toss around the "lifetime hull warranty". I wonder how many boats are actually swapped out due to a bad hull. it happens from time to time but I wonder what the "true" number is across the industry. something tells me its really low for a hull to just fail without some duma$$ driving it across or onto something that is then owner error..

we didn't even think twice about drilling 4 vent/drain holes in our first tige when going from single fill/drain to dual. boat had 15hrs when we did it.

I know of one. 1993 ski Nautique, took 4 years of legal action and the settlement was all legal fees and a 1998 Ski Nautique

RoboSanLucas
10-01-2020, 05:10 PM

My understanding is that SC will be releasing more detailed info on the new thruster system any day now, but I can confirm it is being supplied by a new company in the industry, hence the unique "dual thruster" design. There will be an aftermarket version available to retrofit other boats in the coming months.

Stay tuned...

larry_arizona
10-01-2020, 06:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201001/64ab33a7f8f8c34eb927a856b77241a9.jpg

TheYachtGroup
10-05-2020, 02:38 PM
If you are looking for a thruster that is high quality and has been installed on numerous boats, including Supra and Moomba, please check out ezDrive Thruster:

https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/supra-lsv/
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/moomba-makai-2020/

There are also multiple install photos as well as testimonials from various clients:

https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/easydrive-testimonials/

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 02:40 PM
If you are looking for a thruster that is high quality and has been installed on numerous boats, including Supra, please check out ezDrive Thruster:

There are also multiple install photos as well as testimonials from various clients.

How much we talking installed on a Supra SA?

Please don’t tell me I have to go through the quoting process, because that is a huge turn off to your product and marketing scheme.

Let me make it simple for you. Is it over or under $6000 installed?

SONIC
10-05-2020, 03:25 PM
How much we talking installed on a Supra SA?

Please don’t tell me I have to go through the quoting process, because that is a huge turn off to your product and marketing scheme.

Let me make it simple for you. Is it over or under $6000 installed?

Agreed.
If I wanted one I want to install it. I want t know what it costs, not what it costs to have someone come to my house to install the thing.

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Agreed.
If I wanted one I want to install it. I want t know what it costs, not what it costs to have someone come to my house to install the thing.

I am not holding my breathe for yacht group. A few here tried to get quotes and it’s a big run around of things the customer needs to do etc.

Never can just get a honest answer on at least a ball park price.

Just a very odd marketing model.

If they can’t say greater or less than $6000, that tells me all I need to know.

2in2out
10-05-2020, 03:42 PM
Looking at the available info, I think the optioned thrusters on the 2021 would be better. It looked like the optioned thrusters mounted to the swim platform brackets, meaning less points of penetration on the hull.

I'm still curious on how the 2021 thruster control is. I'd like to see in as a rotating knob on the throttle, or steering wheel control. The last thing I want to do when coming into a dock is take my hand from the throttle or the wheel.

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Supra has a twist knob on top of throttle.

2in2out
10-05-2020, 04:04 PM
If there was a means to retrofit, I would with the Supra thrusters versus any other brand based on the control knob alone. That set-up is ergonomics 101 and reduction in human error.

Just pull the pin and option it LA. That's how you roll anyways, isn't it?

Prospersigman
10-05-2020, 04:06 PM
I feel like this is one of those things that will come out on the 2021s and then SC will realize they need to make updates/changes to certain design features on it before the 2022s come out.

sandm
10-05-2020, 04:07 PM
If they can’t say greater or less than $6000, that tells me all I need to know.

I think you already know the answer to this question.

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 04:08 PM
It’s already in my build. NO REGERTS......lol

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 04:09 PM
I think you already know the answer to this question.

Perhaps lol

3500-4000 for the kit, 5-6 hours install labor plus travel expenses.

There is not a large installer network yet, so they send a install tech to install it on owners dime.

If that is way off base, my apologies, but I have pieced it together over reading other forums.

A couple performance issues noted were:

1) surf pipe exhaust bubbles interfere and cause thruster cavitation, my understanding is this is the reason Supra installed two thrusters farther outboard of the surf pipe.

2)The EZ drive forces you take your hand off the throttle or wheel to operate.

Nautique’s system uses an exhaust bypass when it’s factory system is in use

Nautique system is integrated into the steering wheel input.

Supra has a twist knob on the throttle so you keep your hand on wheel and throttle for seamless integration.

MJHSupra
10-05-2020, 04:46 PM
I feel like this is one of those things that will come out on the 2021s and then SC will realize they need to make updates/changes to certain design features on it before the 2022s come out.

I with you on this.

larry_arizona
10-05-2020, 05:00 PM

I never like being the guinea pig and the information from SC on how it works has been scarce.

Obviously this isn’t rocket science, but I won’t disagree, any first year product will leave room from improvement.

That said, I am getting it because it’s available, got a good deal on it and I am not sitting out a year for a 22 lol.

The only way this becomes a failure for me is, my wife or son is not docking the boat by mid summer.

2in2out
10-05-2020, 05:09 PM
I know your wife has history with the boat being that you had an 18, so I think it will be a win for you.

My wife is so intimidated by the size and complexity of the 20, that adding thrusters might push her over the top. That being said, if it helped her load on the trailer on our typical windy afternoon, I'm sure her anxiety would transfer to something else.

Isaguel
10-05-2020, 10:01 PM
Looking at the available info, I think the optioned thrusters on the 2021 would be better. It looked like the optioned thrusters mounted to the swim platform brackets, meaning less points of penetration on the hull.

Its actually the other way around. The Thrusters are mounted to the hull and the platform brackets fit in between the two "limbs" of the thruster housing that is bolted onto the hull. The Platform bracket is secured with a pin that goes through the thruster housing and the platform bracket. I was looking at it at my dealer last Saturday when I got my boat winterized. They have an SL with the thrusters. I should have taken a photo. That's why I said a few posts back, you can't retrofit the thruster to a 2020 Supra unless you change the platform brackets.
I do have to say, I thought the thrusters looked plasticky on photos, but no, they look solid and well built in person, powder coated thick metal, very industrial and durable looking.

Rallykid
10-05-2020, 10:55 PM
I have it on my build sheet as well. Looking forward to see it in person and/or videos that should hopefully start coning out soon.
The twist knob feature is saw for 3 seconds in one of the model intro videos made it seems like a viable option.

larry_arizona
10-06-2020, 10:27 AM
If you are looking for a thruster that is high quality and has been installed on numerous boats, including Supra and Moomba, please check out ezDrive Thruster:

https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/supra-lsv/
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/moomba-makai-2020/

There are also multiple install photos as well as testimonials from various clients:

https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/easydrive-testimonials/

I knew EXDrive would ghost this thread once the topic of pricing came up.

What is their fear in divulging the price. SO ANNOYING.

No pricing no care, you are dead to me EZ drive.

SONIC
10-06-2020, 11:23 AM
I genuinely don't understand either.
If their pricing were nuts sure I'd get the dodgy sales tactics so they can get you on the phone and pressure you into it, but their prices are inline or less than most of the OEM options so I don't see why they are acting so dodgy about pricing.
If they had a dealer network and didn't want to undercut their dealers I would also understand it, but they don't.

It's got to be the high pressure salesman thing that's causing it but they don't need to do that and it's just a huge putoff IMO.

larry_arizona
10-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Those who started the process with EZ drive usually bail quick due to the high pressure tactics.

Hopefully SC will sell the factory system as an add on. Looks better than EZdrive by far.

sandm
10-06-2020, 11:58 AM
my gut would say their primary audience WAS not the people on this forum. they found another niche to market the products to and their original sales tactics are geared toward a vendor or customer that are many income levels above a lot of us. those customers don't tinker with their boats the way some of us do on here and suspect their marketing has served them well up to this point. now as they start dealing more in the wakeboat scene, their marketing hasn't figured out this niche yet.

interesting that on this page:
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/quote-request/
they list the bundled price under $5k so it gives you a ballpark. cheaper than the oem solutions but oem's trump card are voiding hull warranties depending on how it's installed. which is a whole different can of BS imo.......

larry_arizona
10-06-2020, 12:07 PM
I was talking to a buddy and thrusters for 40-55 cruisers are $25-30k each.

Wakeboats systems are chump change.

If the kit is $5k on sale plus labor and travel expenses, the factory system is likely the cheaper overall option when you consider discount off MSRP.

SONIC
10-06-2020, 12:47 PM
I saw one listed on the nautique pages for dealer cost at 3600 recently.

Funnily enough the reason for sale is the guy bought it and sold the boat before it arrived because it took so long to get to him and he said:

"The Yacht Group has a strict policy of no returns no matter the reason"

LOL they just keep getting better

UNSTUCK
10-06-2020, 10:30 PM
I’ve been very interested in adding a stern thruster myself. I’ve have spent the last couple days casually looking at aftermarket systems. Three brands stand out to me that I have never heard mentioned on any forum. Likely because they are not marketing the wakeboat field yet. That’s good though. Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500. That seems more in line price wise for what you’re getting. Need to do some more research and probably pull the trigger this spring. I’d install it myself.

sandm
10-06-2020, 10:43 PM
unstuck,
that price seems more inline with what they should cost. lets get real. it's nothing more than a motor and housing, a joystick and some basic software to control it. I get development costs but 5k+ is crazymoney in my book......

Shoebox
10-06-2020, 11:17 PM
Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500. Do tell.....

dakota4ce
10-06-2020, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=UNSTUCK;359621]I’ve been very interested in adding a stern thruster myself. I’ve have spent the last couple days casually looking at aftermarket systems. Three brands stand out to me that I have never heard mentioned on any forum. Likely because they are not marketing the wakeboat field yet. That’s good though. Looks like I can out an entire package together for $1500-2500. That seems more in line price wise for what you’re getting. Need to do some more research and probably pull the trigger this spring. I’d install it myself.[/

Is one Vetus?

bmjenkins82
10-07-2020, 09:45 AM
For cost etc... there is a thread in the Nautique forums. They also have some install and video links

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/558834-aftermarket-yacht-thruster-easy-drive-model

A little dated.. and a "Promo" price from the thread(not my personal info):

They reached out to me when I ordered my 18 G23 and wanted to get one in the boat as an early release and special price. I wasnt crazy about drilling holes in my new boat so I passed but the price seemed good compared to the factory option. The price I was quoted was 3500 for the full kit uninstalled, 4800 installed as they would have traveling expenses coming from Miami to Orlando area.

MJHSupra
10-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Where is that SC video . . .

UNSTUCK
10-07-2020, 01:14 PM
I really know nothing of these units so I can't really speak much about them. Look for yourself and see what you think.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/maxpack21.html
All in one kit. Seems like a good deal. I don't think this one is ignition protected. Also not sure if that is really needed. Probably.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/317625.html
This one is bigger than needed, but the smallest I can find in this style. It is Ignition protected. Will need to drill a much larger hole in transom.

https://www.anchorexpress.com/VETUS-Bow-Thruster--45-kgf--12V--BOW4512D_p_77354.html
Vetus looks like a good, old company that builds stuff for BIG boats. They have one size smaller than this one listed in both IP and non. Will need transom kit.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lewmar--110tt-tunnel-thruster--15986102?recordNum=3
Lewmar seems similar to Vetus. Get it in IP or non IP, add the truster kit. Smaller hole to drill in transom.

Overall I'm interested in these types of units as they seem to be smaller on the transom than factory units. I just need to measure and see if the motor will fit between the inside of the transom and likely the motor heat exchanger cylinder. Not sure how much room is there.

Does anyone know anything about these companies? Sounds like Dakota knows Vetus.

Tabone
10-27-2020, 09:36 PM
I recently spoke to somebody at EZ Drive. It was a little over $6,000 for a stern thruster with LED lights. That was for the complete kit, diverter nozzles and no installation. I had great conversation with the salesperson. I did not get any push back when I told him that was a bit more than I was willing to spend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
10-28-2020, 07:44 AM
I did not get any push back when I told him that was a bit more than I was willing to spend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they have heard those words a few times.

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 08:40 AM
That is factory stern thruster money.

sandm
10-28-2020, 12:47 PM
That is factory stern thruster money.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkEzdrive and others, sure they are going after older or used boats not new builds. You checked the box on new with a very similar price as would most others ordering that want it but i would suspect that like most other boating things thrusters won't be backwards compatible for most so your old 18 sa would be non oem to add.

What i find odd is that thrusters can make larger boats easier to drive and help noobs. Its an option on a 22ft sa(not the sr) but not a 24.5ft makai¿

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 12:51 PM
I understand that ez drive is for aftermarket.

My point was simply the factory option is very much inline with the aftermarket.

Appears SC is only offering on the SA,SL and SE.

Perhaps Moomba will follow in a year or two?

Still negged out about not seeing the thrusters in action. Box is checked and not unchecking it, but I would prefer not to be a guinea pig for SC.

Prospersigman
10-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Sorry, but you are going to be a guinea pig on this one.

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 01:06 PM
Sorry, but you are going to be a guinea pig on this one.

Woot woot

sandm
10-28-2020, 02:18 PM
My point was simply the factory option is very much inline with the aftermarket.

Perhaps Moomba will follow in a year or two?

Still negged out about not seeing the thrusters in action. Box is checked and not unchecking it, but I would prefer not to be a guinea pig for SC.

skiers choice I would bet will put out a much better product than the aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about being the pig :) the only downside would be knowing if it's really an option that will be used. interested to see what ya think of it once you have some time. I know a guy that has had it on his 23ft tige all summer and loves it.

Shoebox
10-28-2020, 02:44 PM
skiers choice I would bet will put out a much better product than the aftermarket so I wouldn't worry about being the pig :) the only downside would be knowing if it's really an option that will be used. interested to see what ya think of it once you have some time. I know a guy that has had it on his 23ft tige all summer and loves it.I know if I had it I'd use it every time, but not sure I'd pay for it to begin with.

UNSTUCK
10-28-2020, 06:48 PM
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Just need to get a minute to measure and see if it will fit. I needs a BIG hole in the transom and lots of room between the transom and engine. My plan is to wire it into the taps switch on the throttle of my Tige. I will still be able to adjust the taps setting with the on screen switch so that's no big deal. I like the idea of one hand on the throttle with that thumb on the thruster switch and then my other hand on the steering wheel. Just need to decide if I want to wire it into the other accessories with the key on or if I want to have a dedicated switch on the dash to power it up. I wish the Tige Clear screen had a couple accessory switches built into the screen. I don't like the idea of a random switch on the dash. Maybe I hide it somewhere.

sandm
10-28-2020, 07:15 PM
. I don't like the idea of a random switch on the dash. Maybe I hide it somewhere.

I'm not entirely happy with how amps have integrated into the clear screen on our r23 and are considering adding an outside HU. not sure on your boat layout but my plan was to pick up another one of the small round pushbuttons that turn on the clear and installing it right above the key switch for the stereo removing the warning sticker that's just above the key. there's room for 1 or possibly 2 buttons on my dash without getting into upholstery mods.
that might be an option that both looks factory and accomplishes what you are looking for.

on a related note, that thruster looks nice but pricey for something that might or might not fit the bill and you are correct in an awfully big permanent hole.

Branden967
10-28-2020, 07:38 PM
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Just need to get a minute to measure and see if it will fit. I needs a BIG hole in the transom and lots of room between the transom and engine. My plan is to wire it into the taps switch on the throttle of my Tige. I will still be able to adjust the taps setting with the on screen switch so that's no big deal. I like the idea of one hand on the throttle with that thumb on the thruster switch and then my other hand on the steering wheel. Just need to decide if I want to wire it into the other accessories with the key on or if I want to have a dedicated switch on the dash to power it up. I wish the Tige Clear screen had a couple accessory switches built into the screen. I don't like the idea of a random switch on the dash. Maybe I hide it somewhere.

To me that’s a scary big honking hole. Please don’t flame me but why not go the surface mount one?

Something like this;
https://shop-us.sideshift.com/collections/monohull-bow-stern-thruster-products/products/wb230-wakeboat-stern-thruster?variant=31813604540529

Or another brand with the electric motor is exposed? I’ve been looking at adding one two but I’m to chicken to drill that big of a hole in my boat.

MJHSupra
10-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Where are those SC videos about the thrusters???

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 08:18 PM
Where are those SC videos about the thrusters???

THIS!!! 1st world problems, but SC owes us a thruster video.

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 09:23 PM
When I get my boat, Maybe I will make a proper video.

UNSTUCK
10-29-2020, 09:05 AM
To me that’s a scary big honking hole. Please don’t flame me but why not go the surface mount one?

Something like this;
https://shop-us.sideshift.com/collections/monohull-bow-stern-thruster-products/products/wb230-wakeboat-stern-thruster?variant=31813604540529

Or another brand with the electric motor is exposed? I’ve been looking at adding one two but I’m to chicken to drill that big of a hole in my boat.

I'd like to get one with the motor installed inside the boat, mostly just because I like the look and to try to keep the transom cleaner. They're getting awfully busy back there as it is. After measuring last night, the one I linked will not work. I don't have the room between the engine and transom. This is probably the reason the manufactures are doing outside mounted units. At least from what I've seen. I'll keep looking.

larry_arizona
10-29-2020, 09:09 AM
I personally would wait to see if the factory system can be added.

Mobius22
10-29-2020, 09:26 AM
THIS!!! 1st world problems, but SC owes us a thruster video.

It's being worked on

zabooda
10-29-2020, 11:28 AM
No hydraulic thruster pump with the lines going through existing stern penetrations?

Prospersigman
10-29-2020, 01:43 PM
No hydraulic thruster pump with the lines going through existing stern penetrations?

Oh the ol'hydraulic thruster pump lines through the stern penetrations...:rolleyes:

RoboSanLucas
11-06-2020, 09:57 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201001/64ab33a7f8f8c34eb927a856b77241a9.jpg

Supra released this today. I’m told there is more detailed info on the specifics of the Dual-Thruster design coming soon:

https://youtu.be/m6WjF7FEpZ0

Daily22SSV
11-07-2020, 06:03 AM
Any info yet on dealer installed thrusters by supra? I want it on our 19 SA400. Maybe one day the wife can put it back on trailer. Big maybe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aday434
11-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Working on a 2021 SA build and originally laughed at the $8700 ish stern thruster option.......

After thinking about some of my summer docking situations the last 3 years with a V drive, it’s starting to become more appealing.

I frequent one lake where the dock is in a sheltered bay and docking is a breeze even on a windy day, however, the other lake I frequent is unprotected, busy docks and fully exposed to lake traffic that sends rollers right into the docks.

I also currently limit myself to docking on the left side, thrusters would give me the option of docking on the right side.

Does anyone have a 21 yet with the thruster option, what do you think of it.

I was having the same dilemma, this video was just released and I think I have made the decision to do it. I am not worried about my driving but my wife and kids make it easier to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WjF7FEpZ0

Aday434
11-07-2020, 01:37 PM
I had same question and they just released a video on the thrusters. This makes it a yes for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6WjF7FEpZ0

haknslash
11-12-2020, 11:33 PM
Here’s a slightly longer version they just put out with a little more detail on the system. I like the fact it’s integrated into the throttle.

https://youtu.be/Dt3BEZ41HUA

larry_arizona
11-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing the longer video, really looking forward to this option

Oldernotwiser
03-14-2021, 06:10 PM
Larry, how are you finding those thrusters? We’re they worth it and would you order again? Thanks

larry_arizona
03-14-2021, 06:18 PM
Larry, how are you finding those thrusters? We’re they worth it and would you order again? Thanks

Lakes around here are just clear of ice. Boat is still in showroom, I own it, but dealer still needs to do water delivery.

Shooting for 2nd week of April.

Based on engineering and integration, it looks like a solid execution compared to other thrusters from bu or correct craft.

DDD123
03-14-2021, 09:45 PM
I just got my 2021 SE in, demoed it last year and just ran it for first time this past weekend, integration into throttle is clutch compared to Malibu and some others. It is slower to control than you would think which at first seems like a miss but I will say it has gotten me out of some really tricky situations but I am on a really busy lake with a ton of chop so there isn't a lot of room for error. Around dock it is phenomenal. It is expensive though so if you don't care much about price and trying to squeeze it down then get it but I can also see why some may not at nearly $9k.

larry_arizona
03-14-2021, 09:52 PM
I just got my 2021 SE in, demoed it last year and just ran it for first time this past weekend, integration into throttle is clutch compared to Malibu and some others. It is slower to control than you would think which at first seems like a miss but I will say it has gotten me out of some really tricky situations but I am on a really busy lake with a ton of chop so there isn't a lot of room for error. Around dock it is phenomenal. It is expensive though so if you don't care much about price and trying to squeeze it down then get it but I can also see why some may not at nearly $9k.

Great feedback, what intensity setting do you run it on?

DDD123
03-14-2021, 09:55 PM
Great feedback, what intensity setting do you run it on?

I have it on the max setting, I remember seeing another option to go I believe one lower but I think there are only two settings, I can't imagine really going any slower honestly. But the SE is huge so maybe the A's and L's turn faster.

larry_arizona
03-14-2021, 09:57 PM
I look forward to trying it.

Oldernotwiser
03-15-2021, 12:55 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Looking forward to more on this. Really would like to know if the current non drivers ( in my case the wife) in your boat feel more comfortable and drive the boat more because of the feature. It is expensive but if it adds to the overall enjoyment for the family then it is priceless.

larry_arizona
03-15-2021, 07:35 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Looking forward to more on this. Really would like to know if the current non drivers ( in my case the wife) in your boat feel more comfortable and drive the boat more because of the feature. It is expensive but if it adds to the overall enjoyment for the family then it is priceless.

Getting my non driving crew to drive is the whole reason I opted for thrusters.

Oldernotwiser
03-15-2021, 02:14 PM
Getting my non driving crew to drive is the whole reason I opted for thrusters.

If you could post an in depth review as well as novice review that would be much appreciated.

larry_arizona
03-15-2021, 02:52 PM
If you could post an in depth review as well as novice review that would be much appreciated.

I plan to throw a video together while I do the 10 hour break in hours. Early May.

benny32
07-21-2021, 03:10 PM
I have a 2021 Makai and it's our first vdrive. The learning curve has been real for me and for my wife it's instant anxiety. She's ok picking up a downed rider in the water but it's not pretty and docking is an absolute no go. Our dock has consistent crosswinds so there's an added degree of difficulty. All that being said, I talked to ezthruster and they quoted me $5600 for the kit and after a bit complaining about having to take my hand off the throttle to use it they did mention that their system would work with the new supra twist top throttle. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the new twist top throttle matches the moomba layout? I can't seem to find any way to compare them. I am really thinking about the hull warranty and whether this upgrade would be worth it. Money wise, if I could use the twist top integrate throttle, I'm happy. Just not sure how I feel about the warranty being voided yet.

TXSurf4
07-21-2021, 04:17 PM
I have a 2021 Makai and it's our first vdrive. The learning curve has been real for me and for my wife it's instant anxiety. She's ok picking up a downed rider in the water but it's not pretty and docking is an absolute no go. Our dock has consistent crosswinds so there's an added degree of difficulty. All that being said, I talked to ezthruster and they quoted me $5600 for the kit and after a bit complaining about having to take my hand off the throttle to use it they did mention that their system would work with the new supra twist top throttle. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the new twist top throttle matches the moomba layout? I can't seem to find any way to compare them. I am really thinking about the hull warranty and whether this upgrade would be worth it. Money wise, if I could use the twist top integrate throttle, I'm happy. Just not sure how I feel about the warranty being voided yet.

It is rumored that the Supra Thrusters will be available aftermarket for Moombas soon. See this thread....
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?36799-Supra-Thrusters