PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to follow the build progress at the factory?

996scott
08-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Wondering if there is a way to follow the build progress of the boats at the factory. Can the factory send pictures or updates as things move along? It seems like a few people have posted some pictures of their build at the factory but maybe it was people just taking a tour, can't remember.

haknslash
08-10-2020, 11:55 PM
Yes your dealer can put you in touch with I want you I say her name was Cindy at a Skiers Choice or the dealer will handle the email traffic. They took pics of mine as it was in two halves fresh out of the gel coat booth, a few more pics later down the process as it was coming together and then I took a factory tour to see the finishing touches of it being built in person just before the water test. Skiers Choice doesn’t like for people to share the pics from inside the factory or at least we were asked not to. Sometimes you can see new / next year model or prototype stuff in the background. Take the tour if you can!

TXSurf4
08-11-2020, 12:50 AM
Yes your dealer can put you in touch with I want you I say her name was Cindy at a Skiers Choice or the dealer will handle the email traffic. They took pics of mine as it was in two halves fresh out of the gel coat booth, a few more pics later down the process as it was coming together and then I took a factory tour to see the finishing touches of it being built in person just before the water test. Skiers Choice doesn’t like for people to share the pics from inside the factory or at least we were asked not to. Sometimes you can see new / next year model or prototype stuff in the background. Take the tour if you can!

You are correct her name is Cindy and they do ask that you don’t share the pictures on any social media sites. It is really cool to see your boat come together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

996scott
08-11-2020, 11:03 AM
thanks guys, i'll reach out to Cindy.

MJHSupra
08-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Not sure the tours are going on right now with Covid. Rumor from when I was talking with someone on the lake. I have not personally called to schedule one.

Take the tour and talk to the people building our boats. Done several over the years.

haknslash
08-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Not sure the tours are going on right now with Covid. Rumor from when I was talking with someone on the lake. I have not personally called to schedule one.

Take the tour and talk to the people building our boats. Done several over the years.

Good point and I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t doing tours during COVID. We ceased allowing visitors at my work or factory tours as well. Hate this stupid COVID crap!