PDA

View Full Version : New board purchase this week.

NewbFam5
08-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Looking to pick up a new board this week, surf style thruster. Prefer a four fin set up still.
Shopping these boards:

LF Pod or Space Pod
P5 Wahoo
Lib Tech Crak'N or Yacht Sea
Ronix Bat Tail Thruster (3 fin so probably out)

I'm 180-185 so 4'10 to 5'0 board selection. Anyone surfing these boards right now? Anyone surf 2 of these models and prefer one over the other? Why?

Sucks trying to buy a board you can't demo.....

jnr4817
08-10-2020, 08:46 PM
We have a slingshot Gnarlwhal 4’10 and nubstep 4’6. We love both.

dakota4ce
08-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Do yourself a solid and order a Neptune Surf board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
08-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Or order a Soulcraft.

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Or order a Soulcraft.

And sell a kidney.

Prospersigman
08-11-2020, 05:14 PM
With all the money your saving going from a Supra to a Max you can afford a Soulcraft or two :cool:

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 06:35 PM
With all the money your saving going from a Supra to a Max you can afford a Soulcraft or two :cool:

Except....well, don’t want one. They’re not my jam after a few tries. And it seems things aren’t the same around there. I do have a Honu in the closet that holds the wall up though. It did teach a fella a couple weeks ago!

But I am sure they’re still dope boards for many. But man there is some sweet stuff out there these days, for less Benjamins.

gtsum2
08-11-2020, 08:43 PM
I had a bat tail thruster and didn’t like it at all. I replaced it with a P5 trident and it is much, much better for me (bigger guy). I also have a soulcraft voodoo on order and looking forward to receiving that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Prospersigman
08-11-2020, 10:02 PM
Neptune surfboards are $899.00...Soulcraft surfboards are $998.00 list price. I buy them at the boat show in the spring for $850.00 so not sure how they cost a kidney compared to the Neptune boards, but to each their own. I can't say that I have ridden on a Neptune, but I've ridden 3 different Phase Five boards, Chaos boards, Hyperlite, Ronix, etc. and hard to beat a Soulcraft in my opinion. They are a little on the fragile side, but most custom boards are. I would like to try a Kanuck board but haven't seen any of those locally or know anyone who has bought one.

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Neptune surfboards are $899.00...Soulcraft surfboards are $998.00 list price. I buy them at the boat show in the spring for $850.00 so not sure how they cost a kidney compared to the Neptune boards, but to each their own. I can't say that I have ridden on a Neptune, but I've ridden 3 different Phase Five boards, Chaos boards, Hyperlite, Ronix, etc. and hard to beat a Soulcraft in my opinion. They are a little on the fragile side, but most custom boards are. I would like to try a Kanuck board but haven't seen any of those locally or know anyone who has bought one.

All good! I have had a 2 Weapons, a VooDoo, 2 Honus and a Terramar. About 8 Chaos. Wouldn’t touch a RoniX or Hyperlite with the feet of my enemy. Haven’t ridden the KF, but the lack of nose rocker scared me off.

Neptune has put together a shape that isn’t like anything I have ridden before. Fast as hell with a flat tail rocker and a pintail that just works. Beyond that, I don’t even care what the details are. I have passed the knowledge on to 9 fellas now who have purchased, and each has been pumped upon receipt. It’s been uncanny.

Previously was Chaos or bust. Now I have 2 lovers.

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 11:11 PM
All good! I have had a 2 Weapons, a VooDoo, 2 Honus and a Terramar. About 8 Chaos. Wouldn’t touch a RoniX or Hyperlite with the feet of my enemy. Haven’t ridden the KF, but the lack of nose rocker scared me off.

Neptune has put together a shape that isn’t like anything I have ridden before. Fast as hell with a flat tail rocker and a pintail that’s just works. Beyond that, I don’t even care what the details are. I have passed the knowledge on to 9 fellas now who have purchased, and each has been pumped upon receipt. It’s been uncanny.

Previously was Chaos or bust. Now I have 2 lovers.

And I have also had a Phase 5 Phantom—for about a week until it was sold down the river. Comparatively-a turd.

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 11:15 PM
And I am glad Neptune is $899 now! They should be.

I’m not into prostitution, but $100 is $100.

dakota4ce
08-11-2020, 11:21 PM
And FOR THE RECORD: still love Chaos. The Carbon Team Pro he made me this summer is also a sweet stick. Carbon parabolic stringers, killer S glass materials. Much more gee-whiz stuff than a basic stock board.

Soulcraft is great—keep on keeping on. I know they’ve changed their ops a bit lately, I sure was a big fan of working with Jeff directly. I would like to see an interesting new shape from them for sure.

tre
08-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Thanks Dakota. I'm looking for a new surf style board. I just shot Neptune an email. I sent Chaos an email about 10 days ago but never heard back so I'm moving on.

FamilyMan
08-15-2020, 04:41 PM
Man, and I was really liking my phantom. Granted I’m a relative novice compared to y’all. Makes me want to try a Neptune though. If you get one, come back and fill us in on your thoughts.

MJHSupra
08-15-2020, 05:53 PM
I was riding by buddy’s 2018 P5 Wire. Nice surf style board. Blunt nose and tail. Pretty fast and easy to recover from the back of the wave. I liked it.

They do not make them anymore. I think the Phantom took its place in 2019.