PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Moomba Mobius 22lsv hard time starting after being run

Bamamoomba
08-09-2020, 01:54 PM
I have a 2008 Moomba 22lsv. its having a hard time starting after it runs for about 30 min. Ill launch it and it fires up no problem and doesn't skip a beat. Ill run it for about an hour surfing and then ill float with the stereo playing softly in the background for a couple hours. The boat has two brand new batteries and I always kick it to one battery while we float so i have one battery always full to start the boat back up. But for some reason when i turn both batteries back on and try and start the boat back up it will just barely fire almost like its only running on a couple cylinders. When i give it a little throttle it just dies. after that ill try and start it again and it will just turn over and sputter trying to fire. Both times after it has happened ill give the boat about 30 min and try it again and it fires right up like nothing ever happened. Can anyone give me some kind of answer or starting point to an explanation?

996scott
08-09-2020, 03:17 PM
vapor lock. I had this from time to time on my 07 lsv. If you've been running the engine for a while and shut it down the heat from the engine is trapped in the engine compartment and it gets so hot in there that the fuel vaporizes if you just sit there for a while (for me it was like 30 mins or more). Just need to pour a bottle of cold water over the fuel pump and it will start right up. It can be annoying but it is a very easy fix. Best way to prevent it is to keep your blower running while stopped or lift the engine lid.

Kidder522
08-09-2020, 04:04 PM
^^vapor lock. Or pop the hatch for 10 minutes to let all the heat out. Both solutions work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk