PDA

View Full Version : Air Bubbles in Non-skid snap-in flooring (2018 Moomba Max)???

Swervy
08-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone,
Has anyone experienced air bubbles forming in their non-skid snap in flooring. We recently purchased a 2018 Moomba Max and our flooring started to form pockets of air in random spots and it feels like walking on bubble wrap. Has anyone experienced this type of issue and was what your fix?

Thanks!

RC_Hinojosa
08-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Get a razor blade, poke a tiny hole and squeeze the bubble out.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

Swervy
08-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Get a razor blade, poke a tiny hole and squeeze the bubble out. hitting

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking of doing or hitting them with a sharp pin. Just not sure if that will lead to more problems.
Thanks

haknslash
08-01-2020, 12:32 PM
I had one small one form on the gatorstep on top of the dash but it went away on its own. I was going to do as suggested above and poke a very small hole in the middle but it was gone by the next time I got the boat out of storage.

jimmsch
08-01-2020, 10:59 PM
It started with air bubbles, then the entire thing just completely separated after less than 2 seasons. I went ahead and spent the $1000 for Gatorstep. I showed Zandar (he's 10) how to install it by doing the first piece around captain's chair and literally left him alone with the rest. He finished in less than an hour. Best upgrade I ever did to a boat.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35107-Gator-Step-Installed