PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Mojo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mgswake
07-28-2020, 09:38 AM
I saw the screenshot of the possibility that there will be a Mojo redesign. I am starting this thread because the 2021 thread kind of went off on a tangent. Please post any information or thoughts about the Mojo here.

Is the current Mojo 100" or 102" beam?

I saw on the other thread there may be sub bow ballast and a transom walk through similar to Kaiyen/Makai.

I am really interested in this length boat as the Makai seems too big, but the Kaiyen felt a little short.

I wonder how the wakeboard wake is? I am 80-90% wakeboard, 10% recreational skier and dabble into surfing, but not often.

RC_Hinojosa
07-28-2020, 09:40 AM
The current Mojo has a 100" beam.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

RB56
07-28-2020, 10:10 AM
https://www.moomba.com/new-updates

Moomba didnt include the Mojo in their 2021 lineup of boats on their sneak peak

larry_arizona
07-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Yep, mojo is dead.

Maybe a 2022 redesign and replacement for Craz/mojo size boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgswake
07-28-2020, 10:50 AM
I cant figure out how to screenshot and upload, but in the 2021 boat thread it looks like someone took a screenshot of a FB conversation where they asked if the Mojo was going to be a redesign and Drew Tinker responded with a meme of a girl smiling and the word "maybe".

larry_arizona
07-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Maybe a late 21 but likely a 22 model?

Currently not shown as a 21 model you can order.

Has SC ever released a mid year model?

Prospersigman
07-28-2020, 11:28 AM
I honestly don't understand SC's choice to drag out the announcement of all their new models, features, upgrades, etc!! At this point, all the other manufacturers have released their new models and information, but every year SC drags this out.

jcredible
07-28-2020, 11:54 AM
If we got a 2022 Mojo with:

1) Deeper Hull
2) Walk through transom
3) 3800 lbs of sub-floor'ish ballast
4) Flow 3.0
5) All the other bells and whistles...i would be all over that!

korey
07-28-2020, 12:08 PM
It was me who posted the FB comment. Drew responded with nothing more than a snarky teaser, but it's my theory that the Mojo was left out of the pre-release because that's their big news for the year. They'll probably make a bigger deal out of it then the other new features. I think it's a great move. I don't think 2021 is the year for me to buy a new boat, truck is on the schedule, but I think it will be a hell of a boat!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200728/c8b5b4c5da4c32bdec6b1910cf4f14f8.jpg

RB56
07-28-2020, 12:14 PM
It was me who posted the FB comment. Drew responded with nothing more than a snarky teaser, but it's my theory that the Mojo was left out of the pre-release because that's their big news for the year. They'll probably make a bigger deal out of it then the other new features. I think it's a great move. I don't think 2021 is the year for me to buy a new boat, truck is on the schedule, but I think it will be a hell of a boat!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200728/c8b5b4c5da4c32bdec6b1910cf4f14f8.jpg

That would be cool

There are 6 2020 models and only 5 in the sneak peak for 2021

mgswake
07-28-2020, 12:29 PM
Thanks Korey!!! That is what I was looking for.

KnoxMojo
07-28-2020, 01:48 PM
I honestly don't understand SC's choice to drag out the announcement of all their new models, features, upgrades, etc!! At this point, all the other manufacturers have released their new models and information, but every year SC drags this out.

Everything with skiers is always slower because they don't have board members to appease, but seems they sell out of their boats every year, so they are doing something right.

mgswake
07-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Everything with skiers is always slower because they don't have board members to appease, but seems they sell out of their boats every year, so they are doing something right.

I think it is better that they wait. I think 4-5 years ago when the Craz came out it was mid July. If I was buying a 2020 right now and the 2021 came out in a week I would be upset. I think late August would be a good time to release. That gives most dealers prime summer months to offload their current inventory, while still leaving a month or two depending on location for people to order the new model year if they really want it this year.

russellsmojo
07-28-2020, 02:34 PM

1) Deeper Hull
2) Walk through transom
4) Flow 3.0

That’s an SA....

MJHSupra
07-28-2020, 03:01 PM
Why does it matter if SC is first or last if you are looking to buy?

I assume any new buyer would already be talking to a dealer and would know 1) what models are and are-not going to be out there OR 2) what is and is-not going to be a new feature or color.

Build spots are a premium and probably will continue to be in 2021 and the next boat show season.

jcredible
07-28-2020, 03:08 PM
That’s an SA....

Hahah; I would love an SA...i just can't stomach the pricetag!

ghebert1111
07-28-2020, 03:47 PM
I was told that there is a 2021 Mojo and it will be awesome.

RB56
07-28-2020, 04:12 PM
I was told that there is a 2021 Mojo and it will be awesome.

U have my attention

ghebert1111
07-28-2020, 04:51 PM
So I was talking to a dealer about upgrades to my 2014 Mojo (GSA Tabs) and we started discussing new boats. I told him my dream boat, the Supra SL, is still not an option for me. He said I should seriously consider upgrading when the 2021 Mojo is released. He then started going down a list of standard and optional features and I was quite impressed. I was told to not discuss any further.

Isaguel
07-28-2020, 06:47 PM

1) Deeper Hull
2) Walk through transom
4) Flow 3.0

Yep, it would then be all over. I have always considered the Mojo to be the best all around boat for the money, perfect size, its very good looking, the design and spray pattern is beauty, if they add those features, but with all subfloor ballast, its all over. ( I could honestly do without the 3.0 and save the 1500$ or whatever it is). Would not be an SA as the SA still would have the premium features that Moomba does not have, but it would prolly cannibalize SA and SL sales.

SFB is a must. Its the best feature that the Kaiyen and Makai posses, IMHO.

Saclsick6
07-28-2020, 07:16 PM
I would strongly consider another Mojo IF most of the speculation is correct.
102”, Sub-Floor, Pro-Tower & wall-thru.
We moved our 19 Earlier this month in anticipation of a 21 SL or redesigned 21 Mojo.

mgswake
09-17-2020, 11:46 AM
Any word on the release date? Any one heard anything from their dealer? Really excited about this boat, just trying to keep the thread updated. Thanks everyone.

korey
09-17-2020, 11:51 AM
If you believe the sales pressure it seems like most dealers are putting out (better order now, we're going to sell out!) You won't be able to get a new Mojo if you wait until they get around to releasing it! What a weird time to buy a boat...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

j.mo
09-17-2020, 12:35 PM
Yep, it would then be all over. I have always considered the Mojo to be the best all around boat for the money, perfect size, its very good looking, the design and spray pattern is beauty, if they add those features, but with all subfloor ballast, its all over. ( I could honestly do without the 3.0 and save the 1500$ or whatever it is). Would not be an SA as the SA still would have the premium features that Moomba does not have, but it would prolly cannibalize SA and SL sales.

SFB is a must. Its the best feature that the Kaiyen and Makai posses, IMHO.I doubt it. Premium buyers are premium buyers. The porsche guy will not buy a Honda accord. No matter how loaded with tech and features, or how "nice" it is.
If you believe the sales pressure it seems like most dealers are putting out (better order now, we're going to sell out!) You won't be able to get a new Mojo if you wait until they get around to releasing it! What a weird time to buy a boat...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk2020, the year you have to beg to purchase things above market value, while no one has jobs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
09-17-2020, 12:37 PM
I spoke with my dealer a few weeks ago while having some service work done and he confirmed a few things with me.

It's gonna look pretty much like a smaller Makai, check out the new Mondo for an idea of spray pattern.

Walk-through with 4K subfloor. G6 & Flow 3.0 are now standard.

Plenty of other options are now standard but he wouldn't divulge everything just yet.

Expect a 2% increase in price over current Mojo.

jason1973
09-17-2020, 01:03 PM
I think its a huge mistake NOT to have a premium option 23' boat in your lineup. i get it, the max is the 22.6' option but the max is different. Like me, many don't like the styling of that boat. Also from what i remember, you can't option it out as well.

Guppydriver
09-24-2020, 06:28 PM
I think its a huge mistake NOT to have a premium option 23' boat in your lineup. i get it, the max is the 22.6' option but the max is different. Like me, many don't like the styling of that boat. Also from what i remember, you can't option it out as well.

My guess is they had every intention of having this boat available without a gap in production from the 20' to the 21' model. I'm sure the pandemic delayed virtually every aspect of the design, supply, and production of the boat. The 23 foot segment is the "compact SUV" segment of the boat market. You have to compete and compete well.

sandm
09-24-2020, 08:13 PM
I doubt it. Premium buyers are premium buyers. The porsche guy will not buy a Honda accord. No matter how loaded with tech and features, or how "nice" it is.

I know several that have sold tiges and bought atx and ask dakota the same question why he's in a max. it does happen.

now this: 2020, the year you have to beg to purchase things above market value, while no one has jobs.
about as true a statement as you can get this year for those that are working. unemployment here in vegas is horrid and not going to get better but go to utah or idaho and it's like covid never happened on the jobs front. depends on where you live.

that said it seems this new mojo is going to be a hit with skiers in, as guppy points out, one of the most cutthroat lengths in boats right now. skiers looks to be taking their time to get the boat right and that will pay off for everyone down the road.

larry_arizona
09-24-2020, 08:42 PM
I predict the base MSRP to be $81850 for the Mojo.

Isaguel
09-24-2020, 09:15 PM
I predict the base MSRP to be $81850 for the Mojo.

That's pretty specific. Do you know something we don't know?:rolleyes:

mgswake
09-24-2020, 10:16 PM

Makai 87000
Kaiyen 76000

I think 81000 is just the in between average.

RC_Hinojosa
09-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Mid 90s OTD

larry_arizona
09-25-2020, 10:39 AM

Just took Makai and Kaiyen base MSRP’s and divided by 2.

I know my dealer has only 2 mojo build slots.

Shoebox
09-25-2020, 11:46 AM
I spoke with my dealer a few weeks ago while having some service work done and he confirmed a few things with me.

It's gonna look pretty much like a smaller Makai, check out the new Mondo for an idea of spray pattern.Mine told me to expect a 2 foot longer Mondo.

RC_Hinojosa
09-25-2020, 11:48 AM
and the new Mondo looks like a Makai [emoji2958]

[emoji23]

Shoebox
09-25-2020, 11:57 AM
and the new Mondo looks like a Makai [emoji2958]

[emoji23]

Sent from my Note 9 using TapatalkKinda, but not really. Looks more like Makai than previous Mojo, sure.

RC_Hinojosa
09-25-2020, 12:02 PM
It's a bigger Mondo, smaller Makai in the sense of 102" beam, walk-through, sub-floor, pro tower, etc. The Craz and the Max are now the outliers.

Different but similar...Mondo, Kaiyen, Mojo, Makai.

Not sure if I'm sold on the spray pattern just yet, need to play with the builder once it gets updated.

jph3
09-25-2020, 12:50 PM
They released it yesterday... build/spray dates are already scheduled. Everything RC said above.

larry_arizona
09-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Better grab a mojo build slot, they won’t last long.

sleek98
09-25-2020, 01:34 PM
They released it yesterday... build/spray dates are already scheduled. Everything RC said above.

Have a link? My sales guy has not replied.

Guppydriver
09-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Mid 90s OTD

I showed my dealer my Supreme S238 quote ($101.8k OTD after 7% tax), and he said he feels pretty confident that I would be the close to the same for a pretty typically equipped Mojo. That would jive with your mid 90's estimate.

sandm
09-25-2020, 07:33 PM
that supreme 238 as a leftover will be 80k. lots of margin in those boats and 101 is a little high. I've seen zs232's in the low100's.

Guppydriver
09-26-2020, 03:57 AM
that supreme 238 as a leftover will be 80k. lots of margin in those boats and 101 is a little high. I've seen zs232's in the low100's.

Not sure there will be any leftovers. That's my problem. I literally got out my checkbook and said I can't pay six figures. Offered him 99.9k plus a $500 dollar pro shop credit. To be fair, it has four Rev 10's and two Sub's in what is called the "hero audio package", but I was blown away when they turned me down. They walked me over $1800 bucks. Weird considering a lot of Supreme buyers graduate to Centurions.

That $101.8 was $6.5 in sales tax, $3K in freight, $500 doc, $500 registration and 1.5k in dealer prep. I think, itemized, the boat plus options was just under 90K. It's getting ridiculous. My Max quote is 95K, which makes me think that a Mojo at 101 is dubious.

sandm
09-26-2020, 09:25 AM
fwiw the supreme dealer in phx told us a well equipped zs212 would come in at 105k msrp and their pricing was around 90 plus dealer fees/tax. said to expect 12-14% off. know every market is different and ya, your right in that there are very few leftovers right now.
I think mojo will be low100s otd for decent options. have seen a few makais at 104ish so figure 110 otd.

Isaguel
09-26-2020, 09:34 AM
If the Mojo comes out at >100k OTD, its going to be disappointing. The allure of the Mojo has always been its value proposition for me. Perfect size, awesome design and paint scheme, great wave, lots of great features, room for storage, fit and finish second to none in that segment, and on and on, for a great price. It was hands down the best value in the 22-23ft segment. If it becomes very expensive, then its still an awesome boat, but its just another awesome, very expensive boat, there's lots of those. But then, it seems all manufacturers are heading that same direction. These prices are pushing many would be buyers out of the market for new boats. I know I now have a Supra but I worked my way up into that price bracket, no way I would of bought a Supra as my first wake boat. I see many of the higher priced Supra owners started with mid priced boats. To dull the psychological impact of paying for these boats. The Mojo was perfect and priced at a level I could stomach at that time,<70k new. We loved that boat. Now, that doesn't even get you in the door. I guess that'll be good for used boat sellers.
Guppy, it seems your dealers are pretty rigid with their prices, I think that depends on local markets. You may want to consider shopping other markets and pay for shipping/freight, it may still save you thousands. I know my dealer is not that rigid. If you're interested, shoot a DM and I'll put you in contact with someone.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Not sure there will be any leftovers. That's my problem. I literally got out my checkbook and said I can't pay six figures. Offered him 99.9k plus a $500 dollar pro shop credit. To be fair, it has four Rev 10's and two Sub's in what is called the "hero audio package", but I was blown away when they turned me down. They walked me over $1800 bucks. Weird considering a lot of Supreme buyers graduate to Centurions.

That $101.8 was $6.5 in sales tax, $3K in freight, $500 doc, $500 registration and 1.5k in dealer prep. I think, itemized, the boat plus options was just under 90K. It's getting ridiculous. My Max quote is 95K, which makes me think that a Mojo at 101 is dubious.

Couple ways to look at it.....

1) you walked from a boat you liked over $1800
2) dealer lost a sale over $1800

The question: Is any deal worth losing over 1.8%??

This clearly is a sellers market, I am confident the dealer eventually got their asking price.

RC_Hinojosa
09-26-2020, 09:39 AM
My Max quote is 95K...

[emoji2962] Now that is insane!

Woody929
09-26-2020, 10:32 AM
My guess, go on the builder and build a Kaiyen. I bet that will get you pretty close. You would need to add a little to the MSRP of the Kaiyen because you know the Mojo will be a little more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mgswake
09-26-2020, 10:37 AM
If the Mojo comes out at >100k OTD, its going to be disappointing. The allure of the Mojo has always been its value proposition for me. Perfect size, awesome design and paint scheme, great wave, lots of great features, room for storage, fit and finish second to none in that segment, and on and on, for a great price. It was hands down the best value in the 22-23ft segment. If it becomes very expensive, then its still an awesome boat, but its just another awesome, very expensive boat, there's lots of those. But then, it seems all manufacturers are heading that same direction. These prices are pushing many would be buyers out of the market for new boats. I know I now have a Supra but I worked my way up into that price bracket, no way I would of bought a Supra as my first wake boat. I see many of the higher priced Supra owners started with mid priced boats. To dull the psychological impact of paying for these boats. The Mojo was perfect and priced at a level I could stomach at that time,<70k new. We loved that boat. Now, that doesn't even get you in the door. I guess that'll be good for used boat sellers.
Guppy, it seems your dealers are pretty rigid with their prices, I think that depends on local markets. You may want to consider shopping other markets and pay for shipping/freight, it may still save you thousands. I know my dealer is not that rigid. If you're interested, shoot a DM and I'll put you in contact with someone.

I think surfing is one of the main drivers of this price increase. Full disclosure I don't find much joy in watching or participating in surfing, but I know it is a great way for a lot of people to enjoy the water. I think surfing has had the same impact on boat prices as government loans have had on college prices. Also, with surfing being easier on the body and lower impact than many other water activities it has brought an older population into the wakeboat scene. These people generally have more money and/or better credit and can afford the newer boats. I think the boat technology has definitely made huge leaps in the past 10 years, but I think prices are inflated by the deeper pockets and better credit allowing for bigger/longer loans. Its good for the wakeboat industry and resale value, but if you want new, you gotta pay to play. Otherwise, better start shopping used. Again, not bashing anyone just my observations.

bmjenkins82
09-26-2020, 10:37 AM
If the mojo follows the pricing of the current Makai, it’s not going to be hard to get it to $100k MSRP. Take into tax prep etc... it would most likely be just over $100k OTD. My dealer said he expects them to sell around $105K OTD at current pricing levels, meaning virtually no discounting.

mgswake
09-26-2020, 10:42 AM
If the mojo follows the pricing of the current Makai, it’s not going to be hard to get it to $100k MSRP. Take into tax prep etc... it would most likely be just over $100k OTD. My dealer said he expects them to sell around $105K OTD at current pricing levels, meaning virtually no discounting.

I wonder how high Moomba prices can reach before people just start getting into a 1-5 year old Supra. Or another brand. I love the ballast and transom walk through on the makai and kaiyen. But, at 100k, I could get into a very nice used Supra or Nautique. I have seen G21, G23 2015/2016 going for around 100k. Supra SL/SA going for around that price as well, some even in the 2017/18 range.

bmjenkins82
09-26-2020, 10:50 AM
I wonder how high Moomba prices can reach before people just start getting into a 1-5 year old Supra. Or another brand. I love the ballast and transom walk through on the makai and kaiyen. But, at 100k, I could get into a very nice used Supra or Nautique. I have seen G21, G23 2015/2016 going for around 100k. Supra SL/SA going for around that price as well, some even in the 2017/18 range.

There will always be people like me... I don’t like buying used motor/power sports things.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 10:56 AM
I think surfing is one of the main drivers of this price increase. Full disclosure I don't find much joy in watching or participating in surfing, but I know it is a great way for a lot of people to enjoy the water. I think surfing has had the same impact on boat prices as government loans have had on college prices. Also, with surfing being easier on the body and lower impact than many other water activities it has brought an older population into the wakeboat scene. These people generally have more money and/or better credit and can afford the newer boats. I think the boat technology has definitely made huge leaps in the past 10 years, but I think prices are inflated by the deeper pockets and better credit allowing for bigger/longer loans. Its good for the wakeboat industry and resale value, but if you want new, you gotta pay to play. Otherwise, better start shopping used. Again, not bashing anyone just my observations.

This is exactly how I got pulled into buying a wakeboat. The math model works.

Isaguel
09-26-2020, 10:56 AM
My guess, go on the builder and build a Kaiyen. I bet that will get you pretty close. You would need to add a little to the MSRP of the Kaiyen because you know the Mojo will be a little more than that.

Hmm, that would be a close guess. I built a Kaiyen with the Pro tower, heater, and 400 motor. Other just standard stuff, it came at a little >97k. I think you can safely add 5k for the mojo, that puts it at 102k, not counting freight, dealer prep. We'll see.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 11:29 AM
Hmm, that would be a close guess. I built a Kaiyen with the Pro tower, heater, and 400 motor. Other just standard stuff, it came at a little >97k. I think you can safely add 5k for the mojo, that puts it at 102k, not counting freight, dealer prep. We'll see.

For 102k+ freight and prep adding another $2500+, I would be shopping a used 2018 Supra SA or SL.

Although not too many 2018’s for sale.

dakota4ce
09-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Nor are they typically around a 100k....
But they will be. It will equalize. Lots of boats for sale last few weeks.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 12:50 PM
Nor are they typically around a 100k....
But they will be. It will equalize. Lots of boats for sale last few weeks.

Correct, this time last year 2018 SA’s were $95-97k, but in this market they were $100-103k.

dakota4ce
09-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Warranty is also a heavy consideration. These things have some SPENDY parts. Buying. A nearly out of warranty Supra would give me pause—at least at the 6 figure mark.

2in2out
09-26-2020, 01:35 PM

This is why we went with a gently used 2020 SA versus ordering a 21 Makai. On paper, the difference monthly was less than what we spend at the coffee shop monthly. We feel we got more comforts and more boat.

2in2out
09-26-2020, 01:39 PM
Warranty is also a heavy consideration. These things have some SPENDY parts. Buying. A nearly out of warranty Supra would give me pause—at least at the 6 figure mark.

We eliminated any boat that was on second owner because of the transfer issues. It really reduced the field, but even still, we had three candidates within $9k price difference with less than 80 hrs each.

duch17
09-26-2020, 03:45 PM
Try buying a boat in Canada, well over 100k for a mojo

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 04:28 PM
Try buying a boat in Canada, well over 100k for a mojo

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200926/d7548a1186e67a8fb86eee4a48cb65c9.jpg

duch17
09-26-2020, 04:31 PM
Could have had a 2020 for 116k all in this year but I bought a 2019, saved 15k

dakota4ce
09-26-2020, 05:10 PM
We eliminated any boat that was on second owner because of the transfer issues. It really reduced the field, but even still, we had three candidates within $9k price difference with less than 80 hrs each.

Great plan if you’re gonna keep it for a while. I like the ability to transfer when I sell it, too. Makes people feel better. But I also sell them within a year of buying them LOL.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 06:37 PM
Only thing better is getting the 7 year Indmar warranty.

But seriously, how many have had Indmar power train warranty claims.

How many have serious Skiers choice warranty claims?

996scott
09-26-2020, 07:32 PM
Don't know if this is true, but our salesman told me that Moomba has the fewest warranty claims in the industry, followed by Supra, followed by Nautique. This is coming from a SC dealer so take that for what it's worth.

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 07:46 PM
My 18 was rock solid.

dakota4ce
09-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Only stuff I have had is dinky

larry_arizona
09-26-2020, 08:13 PM
I had 2 letter fall off on the dash’s screen surround. S RA

Guppydriver
09-26-2020, 09:49 PM
Couple ways to look at it.....

1) you walked from a boat you liked over $1800
2) dealer lost a sale over $1800

The question: Is any deal worth losing over 1.8%??

This clearly is a sellers market, I am confident the dealer eventually got their asking price.

It was a special order so who knows if they will fill that slot. I didn't think S238's were that in demand TBH.....

As far as the deal perspective, I completely understand your point. The problem is you have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise where does it end? When my wife agreed to this purchase, she made me promise her I wouldn't breach six figures. I agreed. Although $1800 might not be worth losing the boat over, it's far too great a price to pay to deal with her wrath. The deal I offered was more than fair, but like you said...sellers market.

Maybe it works out for the best in the end. If I can find my way into a brand new designed Mojo for less than 6 figures, then I wont spend a second thinking about the Supreme.

dakota4ce
09-27-2020, 08:50 AM
It was a special order so who knows if they will fill that slot. I didn't think S238's were that in demand TBH.....

As far as the deal perspective, I completely understand your point. The problem is you have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise where does it end? When my wife agreed to this purchase, she made me promise her I wouldn't breach six figures. I agreed. Although $1800 might not be worth losing the boat over, it's far too great a price to pay to deal with her wrath. The deal I offered was more than fair, but like you said...sellers market.

Maybe it works out for the best in the end. If I can find my way into a brand new designed Mojo for less than 6 figures, then I wont spend a second thinking about the Supreme.

I will be surprised if you get a nicely equipped Mojo sub 100. But here’s to hoping you do!

jph3
09-27-2020, 09:23 AM
Yeah fairly well built it was definitely over $100k. The first build slot was taken already... second was pending deposit (delivery date January). Dealer was told to build a Mondo as it was basically same build sheet - then they would transfer data over to Mojo.

I still think there are a lot of buyers out there who put down 20% and will need out over the winter...

sandm
09-27-2020, 10:41 AM
[emoji2962] Now that is insane!

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Moomba-Max-for-sale-Hayden-Idaho-116821.aspx
95k and no tower speakers or boardracks shown...

Shoebox
09-27-2020, 10:47 AM
95k and no tower speakers or boardracks shown...That's my local dealer. It will have racks and speakers, they're often slow in getting them installed. Boats sit in their showroom for weeks without that stuff installed, it's in the storage compartments. That one will likely have the Tritons at that price point.

Isaguel
09-27-2020, 11:14 AM
95k and no tower speakers or boardracks shown...

That's asking and dealers usually show MSRP on onlyinboards. I would say there are still local markets where 7% off MSRP could be had, maybe even more depending on latitude. Dealers in Northern states located in weaker markets coming into winter may face the possibility of sitting on stock for months and may be more motivated, even in this hot market. It can take some work of looking and calling and factoring in cost for freight if you have to ship a boat this size.

sandm
09-27-2020, 11:27 AM
ya. whole point was someone pointing out a 95k max and here they are.

sleek98
09-27-2020, 12:16 PM
Dealer within driving distance has a 93k msrp max asking 85k.

larry_arizona
09-27-2020, 01:17 PM

Nice discount

mgswake
09-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Nice discount

Nice discount???? Wasn’t the Max in the 60’s two years ago?

larry_arizona
09-27-2020, 03:15 PM
Nice discount???? Wasn’t the Max in the 60’s two years ago?

Just meant 8% off MSRP is good.

Max base MSRP is $71.6k

3 years ago SA’s were mid 130’s, now mid 170’s MSRP.

mgswake
09-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Larry-arizona

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for those numbers. I just cant wrap my head around these price increases. Is there really that much new tech and features? or, is it more market driven? To me it just seems like all manufactures are just driving prices up because, why not, they are still selling all their inventory and filling slots.

larry_arizona
09-27-2020, 03:37 PM
Larry-arizona

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for those numbers. I just cant wrap my head around these price increases. Is there really that much new tech and features? or, is it more market driven? To me it just seems like all manufactures are just driving prices up because, why not, they are still selling all their inventory and filling slots.

2018 max base was $61580, 3 years later $10k more.

I believe your theory that boat prices keep increasing so that people can sell 3-4 year old boats for what they owe and buy new boats.

Keeps the manufacturer’s going.

Woody929
09-27-2020, 03:48 PM
2018 max base was $61580, 3 years later $10k more.

I believe your theory that boat prices keep increasing so that people can sell 3-4 year old boats for what they owe and buy new boats.

Keeps the manufacturer’s going.

5% growth year over year. I would expect that. The manufacturers want to grow, not stay the same. As long as the supply/demand curve is in effect I would expect this.

larry_arizona
09-27-2020, 03:57 PM
Year over year price increases also has some added content, it’s not just straight price increase.

Guppydriver
09-27-2020, 11:30 PM
Just meant 8% off MSRP is good.

Max base MSRP is $71.6k

3 years ago SA’s were mid 130’s, now mid 170’s MSRP.

Almost 9% is really good right now. If Marine Products can match that, I'll write the check. I bet 9% off a Mojo would be pretty dang close to 100K for a typically equipped model.

Guppydriver
09-27-2020, 11:31 PM

Driving distance from where ? What's the dealer?

sleek98
09-28-2020, 09:07 AM
Driving distance from where ? What's the dealer?

From Kansas City. Its the dealer in Wilson Ks called Marine Specality.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/IMG-0751.jpg-for-sale-WILSON-Kansas-115507.aspx

larry_arizona
09-28-2020, 09:46 AM
That is a good looking MAX!!!!

Guppydriver
09-28-2020, 11:36 AM
From Kansas City. Its the dealer in Wilson Ks called Marine Specality.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/IMG-0751.jpg-for-sale-WILSON-Kansas-115507.aspx

Has the Triton Racks as well. Dang...

Guppydriver
09-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Dealer shared a Mojo build today to give me an idea of what pricing is. I think it was the first day they could do them, this will be a boat show boat.
$78,640.00-Base
$0.00
$21,930.00-Options
$0.00
$4,150.00- Freight and Delaer Prep
$0.00
$104,720.00 SRP

Pretty Loaded, just no Tritons or surf pipe. Has Rev 10's. This is before discount. Depending on the tax of your state, this is very close to 100K like many were expecting. This one would be 104 OTD in Utah or about 102 with 14" wheels. About 97k before tax for you lucky Montanans and Oregonians!

larry_arizona
09-28-2020, 08:36 PM
Even if you go over the $99999.99 limit, that is when you put your man foot down and do the right thing.

sandm
09-28-2020, 08:49 PM
crazy $4150 in add on crap.

boat we bought this July had $800 in dealer prep, $200 doc fee, $385 shipping cover and $85 for grow boating/preserve waterways funds and I bitched about all that.
granted I know they likely bake freight into the cost of the boat but it's not shown on any ppwk.

larry_arizona
09-28-2020, 09:03 PM
That prep/freight does sound high. Mine was 1750 freight/750 prep.

korey
09-28-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm not saying I would do this, or that my dealer suggested it, but... prep is tax free in my state!

Geeez, this is in bad taste, I already regret it. Whatever. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200929/1afed812c8eeedf517427437b4bc0dae.jpg

Isaguel
09-28-2020, 09:27 PM
Dealer shared a Mojo build today to give me an idea of what pricing is. I think it was the first day they could do them, this will be a boat show boat.
$78,640.00-Base
$0.00
$21,930.00-Options
$0.00
$4,150.00- Freight and Delaer Prep
$0.00
$104,720.00 SRP

Pretty Loaded, just no Tritons or surf pipe. Has Rev 10's. This is before discount. Depending on the tax of your state, this is very close to 100K like many were expecting. This one would be 104 OTD in Utah or about 102 with 14" wheels. About 97k before tax for you lucky Montanans and Oregonians!

That would put the base at only 2400$ over the Kaiyen. So you could build a decent equipped Mojo for 94k. I built a kaiyen and added tritons and A3 tower, dual batt, heater, gps cruise, depth finder, bimini, 10" wetsounds, floor+gunnel GS, nicely equipped. So 94k + freight /dealer prep+taxes. With a discount one could stay below 100k.

RC_Hinojosa
09-28-2020, 09:30 PM
That would put the base at only 2400$ over the Kaiyen. So you could build a decent equipped Mojo for 94k. I built a kaiyen and added tritons and A3 tower, dual batt, heater, gps cruise, depth finder, bimini, 10" wetsounds, floor+gunnel GS, nicely equipped. So 94k + freight /dealer prep+taxes. With a discount one could stay below 100k.You are correct sir. If you stay away from some of the pricey options like the Pro tower, 18s on trailer, etc. You can build a pretty well equipped Mojo for mid 90s.

sleek98
09-28-2020, 09:53 PM
Wonder if that 78 comes with the pro tower and g6 pumps standard. If not there is only a Few grand difference to the makai.

Edit I bet it doesn’t after looking at the kaiyen.

Just odd that the pricing is so close on all these. Basically choose what length you want and adjust for a couple grand if you want the pro tower.

Woody929
09-28-2020, 10:00 PM
Wonder if that 78 comes with the pro tower and g6 pumps standard. If not there is only a Few grand difference to the makai.

Nope.
Just like a Kaiyen those are options. G6 comes with Flow 3. I forget, you might be able to add G6 to Flow 2 but it isn’t standard.

Guppydriver
09-28-2020, 10:12 PM
Sorry about the sloppy cut and paste....but just in case anyone wants more details

Product Information
Skiers Choice (Moomba) 2021 Mojo (MR) - 941208
Color:
DC ID:
Hull ID:
Special Warranty
- See Product file
or att:
K - November Requested
Spray
Manufacturer Options
Product Status
This product is in Pre-Production and has been Confirmed
You are viewing this product as it has been ordered for Stock
Retail Price
Product Price:
Mfg Opt. Total (minus base
options):
Dealer Opt. Total*:
Total Taxable SRP Price:
Trailer Price*:
Custom Opt. Price (taxable):
Custom Opt. Price (nontaxable):
Total SRP Price:
Product Retail Price:
Sales Tax (0%):
Freight (Not Taxed) :
Total Retail Price:
$78,640.00
$0.00
$21,930.00
$0.00
$4,150.00
$0.00
$104,720.00
$104,720.00
$0.00
Prep (Not Taxed) : $0.00
Trade-In Value: $0.00
Dealer Overall Discount %
(excl. *):
Length:
Engine(s):
Description Retail Price Part Number
-Requested Spray Month
K - November Requested Spray $0.00 11
0 METHOD OF PAYMENT
'Wells Fargo $0.00
0 Method of Payment: TERMS
Free Flooring $0.00
1 Engine
2021 Indmar 6.2L Ford Raptor 400, Catalyst w/1.76 trans V-drive $0.00 821054
5C Engine Prop Options
'Prop, Nibral, OJ 15.5x15 4-Blade (Altitude/Wake) $200.00 820016
1A Gelcoat Patterns
Spray Pattern "Classic" (MM,MK,MP) $0.00 819207
1B Gelcoat Main Panel Color
Main - 'White $0.00 809911
1C Gelcoat Accent Color
Accent - White $0.00 811941
1D Gelcoat Deck Color
Deck - Black $300.00 811904
1F Gelcoat Hull Color
Hull - Black $300.00 811984
1G Decal Options
Moomba Black Chrome Logo (MR) $100.00 821251
2A Upholstery Base Color Selections
Base Upholstery - Honey D Grain / Honey Marlin $0.00 821814
2B Upholstery Accent Panel
Uph Panel Accent - Honey D Grain $0.00 821827
2C Upholstery Welt Color
Uph Welt Color - Black Trexx $0.00 817854
Eng. 1 SN:
Product Information Sheet DealersCircle DCID 329104- Page 1 of 2
Dealer Options
2D Upholstery Options
Adjustable Seat Base (MJ,MM,MK,MP,MR) $260.00 820860
3C Other Appearance Options
Stainless Steel Rubrail (Black) $0.00 814904
3C Other Appearance Options - Nonskid Options
GatorStep Floor and Deck Kit (Brown) (MR) $560.00 821885
3D Tower Options (IF NOT SPECIFIED, TOWER WILL BE BLACK)
"A3 Tower (Black,) $0.00 821230
3F Tower Accessories - FIXED BOARD RACKS ARE STANDARD-2021
Quick Release Swivel Mechanism Only (A3,Pro) $600.00 821627
4A Canvas Options
Full Boat Cover w/ HT (Charcoal) (MR) (A3 Tower) $1,010.00 821305
Swim Platform Cover $230.00 820320
Tower Bimini, Premium A3 with Arms and Surf Storage - Black (MJ,MG,MM,MP,MR) $1,550.00 820329
6B Cruise Options
GPS Cruise with Display - Zero Off $880.00 819622
GPS Mapping, US/Canada - (Requires GPS Zero Off Cruise) (MD,MG,ME,MK) $330.00 819624
Moomba 7" Touch Display $1,010.00 821621
6D Performance Package Options
Flow 3 Surf System with G6 Ballast System Upgrade (6 Pumps) (MM) $2,600.00 821636
7A Audio Options
C - Add 2 Bow Speakers and Sub with Amp (MM) $1,710.00 821067
H - Add 2 10" Wetsounds Tower Speakers with Amp - Includes Clamps (MM,MK) $2,310.00 819073
7B Lighting Options
Docking Lights (MK) $330.00 819220
8A Miscellaneous Options
Depth Finder $390.00 815460
Dual Battery Set-up with Charger $370.00 819782
Heater (6.2L Engines) (MP,MM,MK) $910.00 820753
Side Storage Bins (Set of 2) (MP) $700.00 821719
9A Trailer
Tandem Spring Axle w/Disc Brakes (MR) $0.00 821105
9B Trailer Frame Color
Trailer Frame Color - Black $0.00 709014
9C Trailer Pinstripe Color
No Pinstripe $0.00
9F Trailer Wheel Options
,Wheel Upgrade - 18" Wheels (Tandem Only - INCLUDES Torsion Upgrade) $2,370.00 869393
Spare Tire with Bracket (18") $870.00 869395
9H Trailer Other Options
DLX1800 Square Black Trailer Jack Upgrade $330.00 869207
Swing-away Tongue - Color Matched $350.00 864282
Transom Steps (Includes LED back-up lights) $430.00 866281
Transom Trailer Straps $150.00 864814
Required Items
Import Tax and Material Surcharge $400.00 700264
Shipping Cover (MR) $380.00 821787
Attachments This product has no attachments
Description Retail Price Part Number
DEALER PREP $1,250.00 DEALER PREP
DESTINATION CHARGE $2,900.00 FREIGHT
INBOUND
Product Information Sheet DealersCircle DCID 329104- Page 2 of 2

Guppydriver
09-28-2020, 10:20 PM
I seriously could care less about trailer aesthetics ....the 14' inch wheels are fine to me...BUT

Dealer said that the 18's are rated for a higher speed and that you shouldn't ever go over 70mph with the 14's especially when it's hot outside. I had never thought of that before, but I really don't want to spend 2400 dollars for bigger wheels. It's probably for the best safety wise, I have a Duramax 3/4 ton and it can tow anything less than 8k like its standing still.

Guppydriver
09-28-2020, 10:23 PM
That prep/freight does sound high. Mine was 1750 freight/750 prep.

Par for the course here in Utah...Cheaper than the Centurion and Axis dealer actually. Break in service is included at least.

sandm
09-28-2020, 10:32 PM
first boat we had towed up and down grade to the lake in august in 100+ in idaho with 14's and never an issue. as they say tho ymmv.. 18's will usually have a lower trailer weight rating so watch the lead if you get some. 14's will usually have a higher overall weight rating.

that said if you want any chance of getting the boats under an 8ft door you have to check the box for the pro tower. kaiyen needs 9ft door unless you opt for pro then it's 8ft. would assume mojo will be the same.

some of those option prices are crazy.
$870 for a spare tire? rim is at best $250. tires are $100 and bracket from boatmate painted is $69.
$150 for the same transom straps I just bought off amazon for $75.
check the boxes carefully :)

sleek98
09-28-2020, 10:38 PM
Nope.
Just like a Kaiyen those are options. G6 comes with Flow 3. I forget, you might be able to add G6 to Flow 2 but it isnÂ’t standard.

You can get the G6 ballast for $1,310 with 2.0 or for $2,600 3.0 and g6 on the Kaiyen.

3.0 with the g6 is 1,160 on the Makai. 2.0 with G6 is standard.

Why are they charging for the 7" touch screen and the storage bins? It looks like a cross between the Mondos standard features and upgrades and the Kaiyens of which there is no reason to buy a Mojo if you want a pro tower.

2,600 for 3.0 and G6
1,010 for the 7"
3,730 pro tower

Makes it 2,500 less than a Makai

996scott
09-28-2020, 11:14 PM
I seriously could care less about trailer aesthetics ....the 14' inch wheels are fine to me...BUT

Dealer said that the 18's are rated for a higher speed and that you shouldn't ever go over 70mph with the 14's especially when it's hot outside. I had never thought of that before, but I really don't want to spend 2400 dollars for bigger wheels. It's probably for the best safety wise, I have a Duramax 3/4 ton and it can tow anything less than 8k like its standing still.

I have never heard of this before. I've towed with 14in wheels for 15+ yrs and never had a problem. And i tow faster than 70mph on the open road:eek:

Guppydriver
09-29-2020, 02:50 AM
I have never heard of this before. I've towed with 14in wheels for 15+ yrs and never had a problem. And i tow faster than 70mph on the open road:eek:

Good. Because I don't want to spend the money. Maybe those particular tires are just rated for a later speed rating.

Guppydriver
09-29-2020, 03:00 AM
One interesting thing when I was looking at some "spy" pics (lol) on the sales guys phone of the Mojo. It appeared that there was not a seatback rest on the starboard side bench by the drivers seat. We zoomed and didn't see any supporting hardware. I was really surprised because it's standard on the Max and an awesome feature. Perhaps it's just a pre production prototype that's not finished yet. Now it does have a seat rest on the observers side and there is actually a space between the Ob seat and the rest of the bench where the observer can put their legs. It looks like the head rest can fold down to fill that gap when you prefer to have a long bench. I think the nautiques have something similar. I'll bummed if the SB side headrest is gone on the Mojo though. Jeremy at MP has a call in to his rep to see what he can find out.

larry_arizona
09-29-2020, 07:44 AM
Moomba only offers 14’s and 18’s? Supra offers 15’s and 18’s. I personally would opt for a load range D or E 15. Ask your dealer to make it happen. Boatmate will let you order whatever you want.

Isaguel
09-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Moomba only offers 14’s and 18’s? Supra offers 15’s and 18’s. I personally would opt for a load range D or E 15. Ask your dealer to make it happen. Boatmate will let you order whatever you want.

I agree, get the right load range. Or, if they wont, just have your dealer swap the tires. That should be fairly simple. You can sell the tires that came with it for half price and recover some of the coast. I believe I paid ~100$/tire last year. Maybe a little more, don't remember, for load range D's.

larry_arizona
09-29-2020, 09:13 AM
The 15 load range D carry quite a bit more than the 18’s and are the most robust option for trailering.

18’s are good too, but mostly for bling factor

sleek98
09-29-2020, 09:38 AM
So I built a Mondo (plus 9,940 to get the price of a Mojo) and a Makai. Specd identical

Both with 3.0 and G6, pro tower, 7" screen, storage bins, tower sound prewire only and some other options that were the same.
Mojo would be 97,510 MSRP
Makai would be 99,010 MSRP
Difference of 1,500

Both with 2.0 and G6, pro tower, 7" screen, storage bins, tower sound prewire only and some other options that were the same.
Mojo would be 96,220 MSRP
Makai would be 97,900 MSRP
Difference of 1,680

The only difference in how I would order it was the Makai you can get the underwater lights for 510 the Mondo (and I assume the Mojo) doesn't show that as an option.

Hayden
09-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Talking to my dealer, he's saying "for some unknown reason" they purposely excluded underwater lights from 2021 Mojo. All the other 2021's have them. He said that the dealers were trying to get SC on board with having them as an option but currently it does not.

RC_Hinojosa
09-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Same goes for the REVO audio package...

jason1973
09-29-2020, 10:27 AM
So does it seem like Moomba is kind of milking the options at higher cost? I think i got more standard with my 19 mondo than you get with the 2021.

Mobius22
09-29-2020, 10:31 AM
One interesting thing when I was looking at some "spy" pics (lol) on the sales guys phone of the Mojo. It appeared that there was not a seatback rest on the starboard side bench by the drivers seat. We zoomed and didn't see any supporting hardware. I was really surprised because it's standard on the Max and an awesome feature. Perhaps it's just a pre production prototype that's not finished yet. Now it does have a seat rest on the observers side and there is actually a space between the Ob seat and the rest of the bench where the observer can put their legs. It looks like the head rest can fold down to fill that gap when you prefer to have a long bench. I think the nautiques have something similar. I'll bummed if the SB side headrest is gone on the Mojo though. Jeremy at MP has a call in to his rep to see what he can find out.

SB side has a std backrest behind the driver.

Mobius22
09-29-2020, 10:34 AM
So does it seem like Moomba is kind of milking the options at higher cost? I think i got more standard with my 19 mondo than you get with the 2021.

You get alot more std on the 21s than the 19s. Optional on the 19s were Autowake, Flow 2.0, Gatorstep, board racks, etc. All are std on the 21s. Not to mention, most boats are coming std with considerably more ballast. You get auto leveling and ballast sensors in the base boats now as well.

There's obviously a lot of options you can add, but the base boat is much more equipped than prior years.

Guppydriver
09-29-2020, 01:17 PM
SB side has a std backrest behind the driver.

Yep. Confirmed by my dealer who talked his rep. The pics were just pre production.

bmjenkins82
09-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Yep. Confirmed by my dealer who talked his rep. The pics were just pre production.

Was it the green and white boat?

Guppydriver
09-30-2020, 04:59 PM
Was it the green and white boat?

yep!

Can't wait for it to be released publicly

Guppydriver
10-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Got my dealer to get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo...Marine Products is pretty awesome....I am putting a deposit down in the next few days..

I swear to all that is holy I can't make up my damn mind, I'm the guy that will stare and study the peanut butter option at the grocery store for ten minutes instead of just grabbing the Jif.

Looks like 10G id the difference between my very loaded Max (No tritons and 14 inch wheels) and a similarly loaded Mojo...

I could probably get the difference down to 9G by taking off the docking lights (not even avail on the Max), GPS mapping, and windscreen.

Anyway...trying to figure out what the benefits of the Mojo are..Couple questions for any insiders...

1. Will the Mojo have hinged seats?
2. Do you think the huge WM bag buster (1345) will fit in the Mojo and if not, do you think WM will have a bad ready for the Mojo that ups the standard ballast. The reason I ask is the dealer will install it for me during dealer prep when I get the boat in April.

You guys think the Mojo will be 10 grand better than the Max???

I've never owned a surfboat (owned sterndrives forever ), but without detail of the Mojo the best I can tell is the advantages over the Max are..
6 inches longer
Flow 3
Rev 10's available
True Walk Thru..
A little more attention to detail
More attractive exterior

Does that sound about right? Worth 9-10G's?

I think more than likely I will lose a little freeboard compared to the enormous freeboard of the Max, but I don't think it will be huge.

Tatersalad
10-03-2020, 06:52 AM
I'm not an insider...I have the same conundrum. Trying to decide if the Mojo is the right fit. When you say "get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo", how aggressive were they in pricing on the Mojo? Can you give an estimated % off MSRP?

brad460
10-03-2020, 08:06 AM
Got my dealer to get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo...Marine Products is pretty awesome....I am putting a deposit down in the next few days..

I swear to all that is holy I can't make up my damn mind, I'm the guy that will stare and study the peanut butter option at the grocery store for ten minutes instead of just grabbing the Jif.

Looks like 10G id the difference between my very loaded Max (No tritons and 14 inch wheels) and a similarly loaded Mojo...

I could probably get the difference down to 9G by taking off the docking lights (not even avail on the Max), GPS mapping, and windscreen.

Anyway...trying to figure out what the benefits of the Mojo are..Couple questions for any insiders...

2. Do you think the huge WM bag buster (1345) will fit in the Mojo and if not, do you think WM will have a bad ready for the Mojo that ups the standard ballast. The reason I ask is the dealer will install it for me during dealer prep when I get the boat in April.

I've never owned a surfboat (owned sterndrives forever ), but without detail of the Mojo the best I can tell is the advantages over the Max are..
6 inches longer
Flow 3
Rev 10's available
True Walk Thru..
More attractive exterior

I think more than likely I will lose a little freeboard compared to the enormous freeboard of the Max, but I don't think it will be huge.

I struggled with the same before we ordered our Max a couple weeks ago. I was also comparing different brand wakeboard boats- I had an excel spreadsheet with all the prices of each option...plus estimated discounts..etc...I also built at least 100+ boats before deciding on the colors (all black exterior, tan interior-lol). I started the process back on June, then finalized a couple weeks after the 2021 boat builder was released.

One thing that saved us a chunk of money is the stereo- We never have the need for a “loud stereo” and I really dislike tower speakers (just not our families style). We are more low key and no one else around the lake wants to hear loud music from a boat.

Regarding the GPS cruise- talking with a couple manufacturer reps, the GPS cruise will be accurate within .1 mph. The standard cruise will be accurate within .3 mph. We stuck with the standard cruise as we are not professional surfers and don’t ever care to be.

dakota4ce
10-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Mojo. Just do it!

larry_arizona
10-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Mojo, I am all about the latest/newest design. The max or craz will be the next moomba redesign.

9-10k delta is nothing on a wakeboat anymore.

rdlangston13
10-03-2020, 09:21 AM

6 inches longer
Flow 3
Rev 10's available
True Walk Thru..
More attractive exterior

A mojo looks 20 grand better than a max so just based on that alone I know what I would pick. Couple that with the redesign and sub floor ballast and such and I don't know how we are even talking about this.

korey
10-03-2020, 09:59 AM
The mojo is a new design this year, the max is 3 or 4 years old. The max will be updated or discontinued before the mojo, leaving with a "not current model" boat sooner. This hurts resale. I cringe every year when the lineup is released expecting my beloved Craz to get cut.

And the mojo will be the better boat.

I don't exorcism WM to have an upgraded bag by April. Maybe by June if you're lucky. They've been moving pretty slow and all brands are changing quickly.

I would buy the mojo right now if I could. But that is just some keyboard jockey blabbering. It your money, you literally can't make a wrong decision here!

dakota4ce
10-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Just a couple points of clarification: the max also has the same subfloor ballast system as a mojo would. Secondly I don’t think MAXIM is going to be on the list of redesign like you were expecting. The max occupies a special spot in their lineup it’s not really on the marquee like those other boats are. That being said? I probably still get the mojo just out of curiosity.

Guppydriver
10-03-2020, 03:48 PM
I'm not an insider...I have the same conundrum. Trying to decide if the Mojo is the right fit. When you say "get pretty aggressive on a Max and Mojo", how aggressive were they in pricing on the Mojo? Can you give an estimated % off MSRP?

Not like 2018 leftover aggressive, but 2020 aggressive. No matter what you negotiate, you can be certain your buddy isn't getting the boat for 10 grand less...at least there's solace in that. Right now, anything in the 5-7% off is good. 8% to 9% is excellent. I got closer to the latter, but I didn't include the prep or freight as part of the discount. (That's like $4200 at zero discount). I've called a few dealers and they were offering next to nothing, kind of short sighted in my opinion, eventually the market will adjust and the first time Moomba buyers will remember how they were treated when it's time to buy the Supra. MP in SLC has been ver fair to me.

I think the only thing that keeps me away from writing them a deposit is a last minute ridiculous offer from MB (TBS). MB is my super hot, tatted up, straight bourbon drinking girl at the bar. She makes no sense, but I don't know how to say no.

Guppydriver
10-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Mojo, I am all about the latest/newest design. The max or craz will be the next moomba redesign.

9-10k delta is nothing on a wakeboat anymore.

Unfortunately True... I suppose if I switch my daily Flat Whites back to Pike, that would cover the monthly delta on the loan. LOL

larry_arizona
10-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately True... I suppose if I switch my daily Flat Whites back to Pike, that would cover the monthly delta on the loan. LOL

Priorities my friends.......priorities.

I will make a prediction:

If you buy the MAX, it will be awesome, surf monster, family will build awesome memories for years........until you see a mojo on the lake one day and the boat envy will take over.

Guppydriver
10-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Priorities my friends.......priorities.

I will make a prediction:

If you buy the MAX, it will be awesome, surf monster, family will build awesome memories for years........until you see a mojo on the lake one day and the boat envy will take over.

If I buy the Mojo, what the hell happens when you float by in your Supra? :-D

Guppydriver
10-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Anybody do the transom sunpad fill in on their boat? It's an option on the Mojo. My wife thinks it's needed (to layout) and I think it's ridiculous. I don't care about the money (it's only $200, but where the hell do you put it the 99% of the time your not using it?

Shoebox
10-03-2020, 05:07 PM
Anybody do the transom sunpad fill in on their boat? It's an option on the Mojo. My wife thinks it's needed (to layout) and I think it's ridiculous. I don't care about the money (it's only $200, but where the hell do you put it the 99% of the time your not using it?If the wife thinks it's needed, well, there's your answer. [emoji23]

larry_arizona
10-03-2020, 06:47 PM
If I buy the Mojo, what the hell happens when you float by in your Supra? :-D

I stop to hang out and we drink beers

Isaguel
10-03-2020, 09:06 PM

I don't think you'll need upgraded ballast. The Mojo will come with 4k lbs ballast standard. That's what my dealer told me today. If anything you may want to add lead.

Is the Mojo worth 10k more? Well, considering the Max will have an outdated design soon, that will have an impact on resale, you may loose 1-2k right there. Other than that, size is a wash, design is up to one's taste. The few upgrades like the walkthrough transom might be worth a few hundred. All in all, it prolly isn't worth the extra 10k, if you look at it in a purely pragmatic sense, but that being said, I would follow my emotions and go for the Mojo. Forget the extra 8-9k.

dakota4ce
10-03-2020, 09:13 PM
Anybody do the transom sunpad fill in on their boat? It's an option on the Mojo. My wife thinks it's needed (to layout) and I think it's ridiculous. I don't care about the money (it's only $200, but where the hell do you put it the 99% of the time your not using it?

It goes in the garage. Mine did anyway!

Hayden
10-03-2020, 09:41 PM
I got a confirmation today from my dealer that the underwater lights are now available on the 2021 Mojo.

ejj
10-03-2020, 11:11 PM
The Max is a great boat and value. But it’s not as attractive as the upmarket Moombas.
Mojo is +10k over Max. In 5 years I bet the same delta is there. Or it might even be better value retention for the Mojo. Who knows—how long do you typically keep your boats/cars etc?

brad460
10-04-2020, 09:00 AM
The Max is a great boat and value. But it’s not as attractive as the upmarket Moombas.
Mojo is +10k over Max. In 5 years I bet the same delta is there. Or it might even be better value retention for the Mojo. Who knows—how long do you typically keep your boats/cars etc?

I would agree the front of the Max is not the greatest when I was looking at pictures online (especially the 3/4 in the builder) but in person it’s not as bad. It’s a massively big boat.

Regarding the new Mojo, if it has the same front end as the new Mondo, that is goofy looking the way it slopes down...like a bird nose. That turned me off..whoever designs the front end of Moomba needs to be replaced...:p

Isaguel
10-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Regarding the new Mojo, if it has the same front end as the new Mondo, that is goofy looking the way it slopes down...like a bird nose. That turned me off..whoever designs the front end of Moomba needs to be replaced...:p

Dude, why would you say that?. Now I can't unsee it. UGGGGHHH!!! Da** you brad, Da** you to HELL !!!!

Isaguel
10-04-2020, 09:14 AM
OK, OK. ((deep breath)). Sorry, I take that back.

dakota4ce
10-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Dude, why would you say that?. Now I can't unsee it. UGGGGHHH!!! Da** you brad, Da** you to HELL !!!!

LOL! You’re screwed.

larry_arizona
10-04-2020, 10:50 AM
I see the bird beak, but it looks great.

The SA nose looks like a shark.

gotime4
10-17-2020, 09:33 PM
My moomba dealer said that the website will be updated somewhere between 10/19-10/21 to add the mojo on it. The builder should be up.

LetÂ’s hope that is true

Saclsick6
10-19-2020, 12:33 PM
My moomba dealer said that the website will be updated somewhere between 10/19-10/21 to add the mojo on it. The builder should be up.

LetÂ’s hope that is true

The suspense is really starting to get to me.

bmjenkins82
10-19-2020, 01:13 PM
You gotta assume the social media teasers will drop well in advance of a website update.

mgswake
10-28-2020, 10:59 AM

LetÂ’s hope that is true

Unfortunately not true, anyone know when the release will be? Has anyone that ordered one had a chance to see pictures or features from the test boats?

Hayden
10-28-2020, 12:07 PM
My dealer said it should be up on Thursday.

Saclsick6
10-28-2020, 12:09 PM

The wait continues

Woody929
10-28-2020, 06:42 PM
This just dropped
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201028/ebb61d47a756d53f5a436f050b9a44d1.jpg

larry_arizona
10-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Was just informed the Mojo puts the best surf wake down of any Moomba.

Looks like the mondo but longer, I happen to like the “bird beak” bow.

jcredible
10-28-2020, 07:30 PM
i am pumped to trade in my 2019 at the end of next year....hahaha

dakota4ce
10-28-2020, 08:44 PM
Was just informed the Mojo puts the best surf wake down of any Moomba.

Looks like the mondo but longer, I happen to like the “bird beak” bow.

Did they put it on the surf wake o meter?

Has an A3 tower on it....seems odd.

sandm
10-28-2020, 09:47 PM
Did they put it on the surf wake o meter?

I was going to say that statement of best wave seems very subjective. sure it'll be good but some pretty stiff competition with the max and makai.

looks like the makai is the only one to come with the pro tower stock. for those with garage height issues that's a 3500 bonus for the makai vs others.

Cody
10-29-2020, 03:57 PM
SC had the 2021 Mojo promo video on their youtube page not set to private... OOPS! I managed to save it to my phone before I informed them of the mistake :) Boat looks pretty nice, I'll just say that. Must. Fight. Urge. To. Post....

larry_arizona
10-29-2020, 04:12 PM
SC had the 2021 Mojo promo video on their youtube page not set to private... OOPS! I managed to save it to my phone before I informed them of the mistake :) Boat looks pretty nice, I'll just say that. Must. Fight. Urge. To. Post....

So much fail.......lol

Yzfguy06
10-29-2020, 05:42 PM

It should find its way here so we can all see!!

Isaguel
10-29-2020, 06:08 PM
I managed to save it to my phone before I informed them of the mistake :) Boat looks pretty nice.

I will refrain from saying anything about this.

brad460
10-29-2020, 08:09 PM

Thanks for informing them fire marshal Bill ...What would they do without you..

bmjenkins82
10-29-2020, 09:09 PM
Pretty annoying...

Cody
10-29-2020, 09:10 PM
I will refrain from saying anything about this.

Pretty good relationship with SC .. but feel free to message me..

Saclsick6
10-30-2020, 10:23 AM

Well said...........

Hayden
10-30-2020, 02:20 PM
I'm hearing Mojo videos, (possibly three of them), this weekend and website builder on Monday.

I can't remember if this was said anywhere already: Did anyone on the forum hear if this was going to be new hull design? Have we heard any hints in that direction?

Cody
10-30-2020, 02:35 PM

haha, this guy..

Woody929
10-30-2020, 03:00 PM
They just dropped an official tease on the socials

Woody929
11-02-2020, 05:56 PM
Builder looks to be up

Cody
11-02-2020, 06:29 PM
https://www.moomba.com/models/mojo

larry_arizona
11-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Great looking boat.

sandm
11-02-2020, 07:23 PM
very nice looking boat. just clicked one off without tower audio and enough boxes checked to make a nice boat it came to about 95k. figure 90 with discounts. that's a pretty good value.....

Yzfguy06
11-02-2020, 07:42 PM
Looks like a good boat. Although I didn’t see it if it said the ballast was subfloor.

larry_arizona
11-02-2020, 08:09 PM
I like the nautique observers seat

For $2200 more than the kaiyen for an additional 1.5 feet, in floor storage and the observers seat, WELL worth it.

Hayden
11-02-2020, 08:10 PM
Couple things I noticed:

- The 2021 spec sheet pdf (for all boats) is missing the Craz for safety/tower/performance options.
- The water strainer (and flush kit??) is listed as optional? Thought it was standard because it's not pickable anywhere on the website builder?
- Looks like the adjustable driver seat is now standard? (Was an option a month ago).

@Yzf - Ballast is subfloor

bmjenkins82
11-02-2020, 08:46 PM
It’s interesting... you can option this up to basically the same trim level as a makai, but can configure it with A few less options that are forced standard features on the makai to end up with a pretty decent delta in cost.

mgswake
11-02-2020, 08:46 PM

You guys posted from the future!!!!

It is hard to see, but the time stamps were 8:09 and 8:10 pm. When I refreshed the page it changed to 7:09 and 7:10.

jnr4817
11-02-2020, 09:31 PM
We got such a good deal on our used 2018 Mojo and love it, but like the features and options this new 2021 has. Decisions, decisions...

Isaguel
11-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Nice. Not a bad deal either. I thought it was going to surely top 100k. I built a 400, with dual batt, 7"screen, depth finder , maps, 10" wetsounds on tower, Bimini, swivel racks, heater, G6 ballast, GS and MRSP came south of 95 k. Should be < 90k with discounts and well below 100k OTD with taxes/fees. That is a true value proposition.
If I was on the Market I'd be handing my money over to Moomba ASAP.

Woody929
11-02-2020, 10:33 PM
So I placed my order back on 9/25, and my spray date should be in the next few weeks. We’re super excited here. It was really hard finishing the summer without a boat.

j.mo
11-02-2020, 11:14 PM
So I’m assuming this is basically similar to an older SA?

Guppydriver
11-02-2020, 11:16 PM
I think Moomba will have no problem selling all it can make in this super important and competitive segment. Seems like a great boat for the money. I came within a hair of ordering one at the beginning of October, just had a hard time ordering a boat sight unseen.

I assume it has hinged seating? Couldn't find anything on the spec sheet or web pics.

Guppydriver
11-02-2020, 11:20 PM
So I’m assuming this is basically similar to an older SA?

With a five year warranty! I'm taking this over any 2017 or older Supra no matter what the condition. However, 2018-2020 Supra gently used and low hours is a different story.

russellsmojo
11-02-2020, 11:27 PM
So I placed my order back on 9/25, and my spray date should be in the next few weeks. We’re super excited here. It was really hard finishing the summer without a boat.

Congrats!!

Woody929
11-03-2020, 12:01 AM
Yes on the hinged seating

Woody929
11-03-2020, 12:04 AM
Couple things I noticed:

- The 2021 spec sheet pdf (for all boats) is missing the Craz for safety/tower/performance options.
- The water strainer (and flush kit??) is listed as optional? Thought it was standard because it's not pickable anywhere on the website builder?
- Looks like the adjustable driver seat is now standard? (Was an option a month ago).

@Yzf - Ballast is subfloor

I think there are some mistakes in the sheet, like it saying the 7” screen is standard on the Mojo

SONIC
11-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Good looking boat, basically a stripped down SA which is great.

I still don't get the pro tower option. The bimini looks about the same, audio is the same, no power option. For 4K I'm just not seeing any value there.

Woody929
11-03-2020, 09:58 AM

I still don't get the pro tower option. The bimini looks about the same, audio is the same, no power option. For 4K I'm just not seeing any value there.

I didn’t order it, didn’t see the reason for me to invite another concussion from hitting your head on a speaker hanging from a shorter tower (which happened to my wife when we had a LSV with the Oz tower)

dakota4ce
11-03-2020, 10:15 AM

Only advantage—folds lower.

Probably looks better, subjective.

haknslash
11-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Pro tower Bimini definitely looks longer than standard A3 Bimini. However my issue with the Bimini isn’t the amount it covers or shade at the driver but rather no shade for anyone sitting aft in the cockpit.

rhouse181
11-03-2020, 10:39 AM
As a current Kaiyen owner, certainly jealous of the seating layout, bow space, and in floor trash can.

Looks like you lose storage in the rear lockers jumping from 3700 to 4000 lbs of ballast.

Spec sheet currently says 70 gal of fuel capacity. Kaiyen is 45 and Makai is 60, so maybe picking up some additional free ballast?

I like the go home auto level feature. Wonder if 2020s can be re-flashed?

Cody
11-03-2020, 10:41 AM
I think they did a great job on this boat. Love the hinged seats, observer space, in floor storage and walk through. Boat looks pretty good. Bow is sub floor ballast but the rear still has bags but optional 'trays' that cover them.

@Matt, what colors did you go with?

bmjenkins82
11-03-2020, 10:43 AM
I'm wondering if I should change my build from a 2021 Makai to this? The Mojo is pretty sweet..

sandm
11-03-2020, 10:54 AM

8ft garage door at our house. kaiyen would not fit with a3 but with pro tower boat will fit in 8ft door. I'm with ya tho that I don't get the 4k upgrade and all it buys is a lower garage door need.

SONIC
11-03-2020, 11:19 AM
There's just no way it costs them more than a few hundred more than the a3.
I mean everything has a markup but 4k to change from one tower to another when it has no real features other than it folds lower is bananas.
I guess the people that need it really need it and will pay for it :rolleyes:

Whether the rear ballast is "subfloor" or not is really just semantics. My SA is subfloor but it's still bags. Only difference with the Mojo is it doesn't have the little piece of fiberglass covering the bag.

BigOrange
11-03-2020, 11:43 AM
With that new port observer’s sear layout - where are the batteries set up?

jnr4817
11-03-2020, 12:10 PM
I’d like to see what this sub floor ballast looks like and how much actual space is reserved for storage. Bags vs hard tanks. How do we add more ballast. Is it plumbed for plug and play. 4000 is great but 5000 would be better.

TXSurf4
11-03-2020, 12:41 PM
I like the go home auto level feature. Wonder if 2020s can be re-flashed?

Pretty sure it can be.....

With that new port observer’s sear layout - where are the batteries set up?

Under the center "storage tray" next to the trash can.

As for the tower not saying it is worth the extra 4K...... it does have side tow points for surfing that the A3 doesn't have, it also has lights on the outside that I know the A3 doesn't have as well as lights underneath which I don't think the A3 has but i am not 100% sure on that. It definitely looks better IMO

TXSurf4
11-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Not sure if this was added here yet but the video is live.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3aaA5o7G8

Hayden
11-03-2020, 01:52 PM
I’d like to see what this sub floor ballast looks like and how much actual space is reserved for storage. Bags vs hard tanks. How do we add more ballast. Is it plumbed for plug and play. 4000 is great but 5000 would be better.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any Moomba/Supra have hard tanks? It's all bags is it not?

The MurderMax thread can get you started with plumbing/adding additional bags under port/starboard seats. I get the sense that's what most people are doing first when they want more ballast. After that, I think you go with #500 of lead to ensure your ballast amplitude is as close to 100% as possible, (someone correct me if this is wrong). By doing those two things, I think you get pretty close to your max allowed extra weight (e.g. #2500 for Mojo).

So you'd be at #4000 standard ballast + 1000-1500 additional depending on how big of bags you put under the seats + #450 (73 gallons of fuel) + #500 lead = #2000-2500. (Still need to account for people on board as well.)

SONIC
11-03-2020, 01:54 PM
That's correct, all have bags. The supras just have a fiberglass floor over the bags in the back and the moombas don't

chester
11-03-2020, 02:04 PM
I see in the video that the rear compartment is carpeted. Do these get smelly/gross from condensation/moisture over time?

The Mojo looks like it will be the top choice, just wish the nose was a little bit wider for aesthetics (less bird beak).

haknslash
11-03-2020, 02:36 PM
My carpet doesn't stink. On the Max the bottom isn't carpeted so whatever water gets in there goes to the bilge via holes. I imagine the Mojo and other Moomba's are similar.

Woody929
11-03-2020, 02:58 PM
I think they did a great job on this boat. Love the hinged seats, observer space, in floor storage and walk through. Boat looks pretty good. Bow is sub floor ballast but the rear still has bags but optional 'trays' that cover them.

@Matt, what colors did you go with?

Still using my final days to lock it in, but gunmetal, and some mixture of dark/light graphite.

Where I’m really dragging my feet is the interior. Brown is a non starter with my wife, so no brown.

sandm
11-03-2020, 03:07 PM
I see in the video that the rear compartment is carpeted. Do these get smelly/gross from condensation/moisture over time?

our first supra we owned for 5 years and in '12 our tige was a 5 year boat. both had carpeted back locker floors. no issues with smells. we would open all the hatches once both were in the garage after using and 2x each year remove the rear ballast bags for a week to allow to air out.

supra had a center ski locker with miners moss on the bottom. it shared a space with the bilge. that would get downright nasty over the summer but never stank. end of season that bag had a slime covering on it. quick hit with the pressure washer and good as new for next season....

MJHSupra
11-03-2020, 05:43 PM

The Mojo looks like it will be the top choice, just wish the nose was a little bit wider for aesthetics (less bird beak).

I'm not a fan of the carpet in the rear lockers with bags. In my older Supra with 1100s as the bag connections/fittings started leaking, we would always have wet floors after a day. I would open the hatches after the day was done to dry out. It was more of a PITA.

I did not have the stink issue b/c it was aired-out, but I could see it happening if they were not dry and stored over a period of time.

I would have liked to have some type of coating on the floor space in the lockers, not carpet. Hate carpet unless it was some snap-in/out type.

Isaguel
11-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Still using my final days to lock it in, but gunmetal, and some mixture of dark/light graphite.

Where I’m really dragging my feet is the interior. Brown is a non starter with my wife, so no brown.

Here, build this.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201104/a78d1001fefea4e184c21c652c69ef41.jpg
Don't worry, thank me later.

haknslash
11-04-2020, 01:21 AM
https://youtu.be/0W3aaA5o7G8

jcredible
11-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Some areas I really like:
1) Batteries in floor with Trash Can(kinda wish it had a cooler spot though)
2) subfloor in Bow!
3) I like the spray pattern more than the Makai\Kaiyen
4) Seating layout looks awesome...i want to see it in person!
5) The Bow is huge in comparison to my current Mojo!

russellsmojo
11-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Looks like bow may not be as deep as previous models since moving to subfloor. Curious in person how it feels. I always liked the security of the depth when my kids ride up there.

rdlangston13
11-05-2020, 09:01 AM
Looks like bow may not be as deep as previous models since moving to subfloor. Curious in person how it feels. I always liked the security of the depth when my kids ride up there.

Yeah I know what you mean. Our kids never ride up there without an adult chaperon to make sure they stay on their bottoms and not their knees. Kid falling out of the front of the boat at 20+ mph is a nightmare scenario for sure.

Mobius22
11-05-2020, 09:57 AM
The compartments have carpet on the sides (which is std across the industry) but there is no carpet in the bottom of the compartments.

The bow of the new Mojo is very deep as is the rest of the interior. Trevor goes over it as well in the walk-through video.

dakota4ce
11-05-2020, 10:29 AM
I’d rock that bad boy in a heartbeat. And I have a brand new Max with the plastic still on it in some spots! [emoji1787]

Shoulda waited.....maybe.....There’s absolutely no way you could’ve talked that particular notion into the mind of August me.

larry_arizona
11-05-2020, 10:36 AM
If I wasn’t buying a Supra SA, I would for sure buy the new moomba Mojo.

I consider it a SA lite.

bmjenkins82
11-05-2020, 11:35 AM
So I have a Makai on order... do you think it's worth changing the order over to a Mojo? I do like the extra space, and the upgraded tower with the tie off points for beginners. The new seating arrangement is pretty cool, but with the Mojo optioned out similar to the makai, pricing is very similar. The major savings seems to be staying with the A3 tower.

SONIC
11-05-2020, 12:05 PM
If I wasn’t buying a Supra SA, I would for sure buy the new moomba Mojo.

I consider it a SA lite.

Agreed 100%.
If this had been available in July when I was buying I'd probably be in one now rather than my SA.

Cody
11-05-2020, 12:16 PM
So I have a Makai on order... do you think it's worth changing the order over to a Mojo? I do like the extra space, and the upgraded tower with the tie off points for beginners. The new seating arrangement is pretty cool, but with the Mojo optioned out similar to the makai, pricing is very similar. The major savings seems to be staying with the A3 tower.

I would much rather have the Mojo, but that's just me.

dakota4ce
11-05-2020, 12:49 PM

I don’t think so. The extra 1.5 feet is pretty awesome. Makai is just massive.

Although I do think the lines and proportions of the mojo are more attractive than Makai.

Hayden
11-05-2020, 01:03 PM
The compartments have carpet on the sides (which is std across the industry) but there is no carpet in the bottom of the compartments.

The bow of the new Mojo is very deep as is the rest of the interior. Trevor goes over it as well in the walk-through video.

Not sure if you're able to answer all of these but gonna try and catch you with some!

1) Did the 2021 Mojo go through a redesign on the hull specifically? If it did, can you articulate what you guys were shooting for in terms of goals? Would love to hear any insights or shop/design talk related to this.

2) With regards to Flow 2 vs. Flow 3, we've seen a few veteran members of this forum comment on the difference it makes, can you speak to it yourself and again give some insight as to what you want the difference to be?

3) From my research and exposure, Moomba has traditionally been seen as better value/fit/finish but needing some extra weight to get comparable waves vs. the competition. With many of the newer Moomba's coming out with #3700-4000 and then having #2500 for people/gear/fuel, what are your thoughts on those of us who are pushing as much of that #2500 into additional ballast? Any general comments to make on doing that with respect to engine wear, general safety, hull integrity. Any information you can share based on any of the testing you've done with heavily weighting the current generation (2020/2021) of Mooomba boats?

Appreciate any comments you can give!

SONIC
11-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Why?
Just curious.

I love the makai but it just felt too big to me

Mobius22
11-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Not sure if you're able to answer all of these but gonna try and catch you with some!

1) Did the 2021 Mojo go through a redesign on the hull specifically? If it did, can you articulate what you guys were shooting for in terms of goals? Would love to hear any insights or shop/design talk related to this.

Our engineering department can answer this better than me, but I know it was tweaked. They rarely bring out a new boat without at least making minor changes to the designs. Our goal with all Moomba models is providing great multi-sport performance, so that was the goal with the Mojo as well.

2) With regards to Flow 2 vs. Flow 3, we've seen a few veteran members of this forum comment on the difference it makes, can you speak to it yourself and again give some insight as to what you want the difference to be?

The 2.0 will require slightly more roll to achieve a clean face/lip compared to the 3.0. The 3.0 design allows you to clean up the face with slightly less roll than 2.0. Is one BETTER than the other? To me, they achieve the same thing, just with different ways of getting there. You can have a great wave with both.

3) From my research and exposure, Moomba has traditionally been seen as better value/fit/finish but needing some extra weight to get comparable waves vs. the competition. With many of the newer Moomba's coming out with #3700-4000 and then having #2500 for people/gear/fuel, what are your thoughts on those of us who are pushing as much of that #2500 into additional ballast? Any general comments to make on doing that with respect to engine wear, general safety, hull integrity. Any information you can share based on any of the testing you've done with heavily weighting the current generation (2020/2021) of Mooomba boats?

We've been pushing more standard ballast to help with this. It's all about displacement. If the boat weighs 5,000 lbs with 4,000 lbs of ballast and you add 2,000 lbs of people, it's going to displace more water than a boat with less people/weight. You also have to take into account the surface area of the hull, the larger the boat, the more weight is needed to displace it. If you're wanting to add ballast that is your choice. I've not heard of any issues with more ballast added. Just do it responsibly and make sure you're riding far enough from shore so the waves dissipate.

Appreciate any comments you can give!

Hope this helps

Hayden
11-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Appreciate the follow-up. Thanks again.

bmjenkins82
11-05-2020, 07:58 PM
I don’t think so. The extra 1.5 feet is pretty awesome. Makai is just massive.

Although I do think the lines and proportions of the mojo are more attractive than Makai.

I agree... the paint scheme for the Mojo are much more attractive than the makai scheme

Isaguel
11-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Agreed 100%.
If this had been available in July when I was buying I'd probably be in one now rather than my SA.

I'd have to agree. I love my SL, but if I was in the market right now and I was facing the choice of a new fully optioned Mojo or my SL, I'd be really tempted to save the $30K and option a Mojo 400, with everything and it would be a superb boat. I'd get the pro tower and 4 10" speakers, optioned to the T.

larry_arizona
11-05-2020, 09:49 PM
I'd have to agree. I love my SL, but if I was in the market right now and I was facing the choice of a new fully optioned Mojo or my SL, I'd be really tempted to save the $30K and option a Mojo 400, with everything and it would be a superb boat. I'd get the pro tower and 4 10" speakers, optioned to the T.

You could easily sell your SL and order a Mojo and still save that $30k.

Dank
11-09-2020, 11:29 AM
There will always be people like me... I don’t like buying used motor/power sports things.

Agreed! Sold my 2018 MAX and wife put a deposit on a 2021 Mojo. We looked hard at used "premiums.." but just didn't make sense with the warranty transfer fees and all that... for us new is the way to go. To risky and too many things (maintenance, etc.) when you get into the >80k range used.. would rather know 100% everything about my boat..

Guppydriver
11-09-2020, 11:47 AM
Agreed! Sold my 2018 MAX and wife put a deposit on a 2021 Mojo. We looked hard at used "premiums.." but just didn't make sense with the warranty transfer fees and all that... for us new is the way to go. To risky and too many things (maintenance, etc.) when you get into the >80k range used.. would rather know 100% everything about my boat..

Me too...

This probably speaks to my own shallowness or insecurity, but I'm not wealthy (but blessed), so when I spend that much money I want it to be MY boat. Me and my wife had an absolute blast picking out gel scheme, interior colors, gator etc...It got us super excited and magnified the anticipation we have to see what our "custom" boat will look like come spring.

Especially in this environment when it's increasingly difficult to find great pre owned deals compared to years past. I mean, if I could find a used premium at a ridiculous (Marlon Brando Godfather) deal, I would be all over it...but in this environment with low interest rates, I'll pay the slight premium for a full warranty and certainty of the boats history and prior care.

Dank
11-09-2020, 11:53 AM
This is what we have so far... : Spray date in March

Dank
11-09-2020, 11:57 AM
...Saw somewhere the Idea of just asking the dealer to not put the logo / lettering on at all...and just keep them with the boat.. personally I think that is bad ass and would look CLEAN... also, it would save them for the next owner (I know our max got a little chipped up) ..

dakota4ce
11-09-2020, 12:57 PM
...Saw somewhere the Idea of just asking the dealer to not put the logo / lettering on at all...and just keep them with the boat.. personally I think that is bad ass and would look CLEAN... also, it would save them for the next owner (I know our max got a little chipped up) ..

It’s an option you can check on build sheet-

Chuds
11-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Dank, not sure if you have seen the browns in person but they are not anywhere close (IMO) to what is shown on the pictures on the online builder. Just wanted to put it out there when we saw the browns in person it was a hard pass but that could just be our opinion. Not sure why the online builder colors are so far off but the lighter brown is very light beige and has almost rose undertones like an old lady's concealer not actual brown like the Nautique or Supra browns.

Dank
11-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Dank, not sure if you have seen the browns in person but they are not anywhere close (IMO) to what is shown on the pictures on the online builder. Just wanted to put it out there when we saw the browns in person it was a hard pass but that could just be our opinion. Not sure why the online builder colors are so far off but the lighter brown is very light beige and has almost rose undertones like an old lady's concealer not actual brown like the Nautique or Supra browns.

HMMMM!!!! ...... Good to know!!! Do you like the expresso one better then??? UGH! such a hard call sight unseen! Our build is far from final - we have a few months to figure things out...

Any pictures of the actual?? thanks again for the advice!

I did think the vinyl and the gator step seem like they are pretty far off from eachother..

Steve B
11-09-2020, 02:31 PM
HMMMM!!!! ...... Good to know!!! Do you like the expresso one better then??? UGH! such a hard call sight unseen! Our build is far from final - we have a few months to figure things out...

I did think the vinyl and the gator step seem like they are pretty far off from eachother..

We spent Saturday looking at other boats in the dealer's yard to see the actual paint colors and interior fabrics in person. It was very helpful. If there is any chance you can do that, I recommend it. Otherwise, get on Boat trader and start looking at a lot of pictures of Moombas on there. I found that helpful as well.

Dank
11-09-2020, 03:40 PM
We spent Saturday looking at other boats in the dealer's yard to see the actual paint colors and interior fabrics in person. It was very helpful. If there is any chance you can do that, I recommend it. Otherwise, get on Boat trader and start looking at a lot of pictures of Moombas on there. I found that helpful as well.

Found one! 2021 mojo actual pictures: (not that bad?).. and the flooring is much darker than the model online...

Chuds
11-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Honestly I would ask your dealer to request vinyl and sea deck samples as photos online are tricky as you can see in your pictures that the deck is two different colors of brown depending on the lighting (the close up vs the overhead). We were stuck in the same dilemma as we could find pictures that made the honey vinyl not look too bad and then others where it was really not good at all so pictures we found just made it more unclear on our way forward. Since you have time before your spray date I would push to get swatches that way you can be certain as when our dealer provided colors of the honey it really pushed us to make the switch as it was nothing close to the rich browns that are available on other boats (which is what the online builder seem to show). Personally we didn't want to choose a color that "may be ok" but will show up and not be what we wanted for the price these boats cost.

The honey vinyl in this Mondo is a few different colors depending on the lighting but the close up of the drivers seat and the one of the storage compartment behind the seat is more like what it is in person (very pale and more of a beige than brown)

https://www.midwestwatersports.com/new-moomba-boats/2021-moomba-mondo

I want to say though this is a personal choice as is the case with colors and while it wasn't to our liking doesn't mean that you might not like it but it really is not indicative of what it shown on the builder.

Dank
11-09-2020, 04:13 PM
that is great advice! and you are correct... we have time!

agree with the personal choice too.. that Mondo looks pretty good actually... but I 100% see what you are saying about the lighting. We aren't super picky.. but would hate to spend all that money and be unhappy.

Will see what we can do - or if they get another one in the shop between now and then, run over there and look at in in person.

What do you think of the "expresso" - darker interior??

Also: I assume you've already seen the Wake 9 video about the mondo? Looks like an awesome boat!

based on the video (of the mondo anyway).. ..... Were previous MOJO models skinnier (width wise)? Is the 102" new? (we are coming from a 2018 max)... thanks!!

Steve B
11-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Anyone know the dimensions of the floor trash can? Could it be swapped out for a soft side cooler? Also, Anyone know the dimensions of the rear side storage bins? thanks!

Chuds
11-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Dank,

The espresso color is just that a really dark brown but it is only available with the honey as part of the base upholstery color, so while we liked it we would have had to still have the honey which we didn't like. Now if you pick espresso as an accent color with another base combination and use it as an accent could be nice.

I have been watching the wake9 Mondo review video pretty much daily and it really made us feel solid about our boat choice! The Mondo and the Mojo look like they are sharing a similar hull just streched out and the Mojo video looks like it puts out a sweet wave with flow 3 as an option and way more room that is a freaking sweet boat! The new Mojo went from a 100" beam to a 102" now (the Mondo went to a 102" as well) so it should be the same width and feel as your Max just different in the bow with the Max being more of a true pickle fork style and the Mojo (and Mondo) being more of a hybrid.

Dank
11-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Awesome! thanks for the info man!! the max was good in chop, but not great... hoping the mojo "cuts" through the waves a bit better.. but??
Gonna miss the super deep transom in the MAX... that thing felt like you were really sitting deep IN the boat - hardly ever got wet or splashed when it was rough..
Hoping we don't get crazy splashed (you know.. on the days you don't want to.. cold, etc. - i realize it's a boat.. ) or Im gonna be mad! lol... pet peeve of mine.

dakota4ce
11-09-2020, 08:44 PM
Awesome! thanks for the info man!! the max was good in chop, but not great... hoping the mojo "cuts" through the waves a bit better.. but??
Gonna miss the super deep transom in the MAX... that thing felt like you were really sitting deep IN the boat - hardly ever got wet or splashed when it was rough..
Hoping we don't get crazy splashed (you know.. on the days you don't want to.. cold, etc. - i realize it's a boat.. ) or Im gonna be mad! lol... pet peeve of mine.

Ride will be identical to near-identical. Weight is pretty much the same and hull is more or less the same running surface.

I would expect similar chop performance.

Dank
11-09-2020, 09:15 PM
GRRR... well, I guess we'll see!

2in2out
11-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Anyone know the dimensions of the floor trash can? Could it be swapped out for a soft side cooler? Also, Anyone know the dimensions of the rear side storage bins? thanks!

The trash can is 10x8x12.

Isaguel
11-09-2020, 09:38 PM

If you're thinking bout pulling the whole thing out and fitting a cooler, the batteries are in there, next to the trash can. Would not be able to put a cooler in there.

TXSurf4
11-09-2020, 11:16 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201110/5968f0a9b554a5d3cd6d1fe0fddd6bc2.jpg
Here is ours [emoji1360] the builder really is far off on the gatorstep

Dank
11-10-2020, 01:53 AM
See.... now I think that looks awesome.....!

Dank
11-10-2020, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know is the bimini on the A3 tower MUCH shorter than the bimini on the pro tower?

Does the a3 Bimini at least come with surf pockets? (I think it listed them in the build).. In the video it looks small.

Steve B
11-10-2020, 09:16 AM
Was told that the A3 bimini does come with surf pockets. Not sure that it is much shorter but does seem to be at least a little shorter.

dakota4ce
11-10-2020, 09:22 AM
If you're thinking bout pulling the whole thing out and fitting a cooler, the batteries are in there, next to the trash can. Would not be able to put a cooler in there.

A little elbow grease makes moving the batteries off to the side a little bit pretty simple, which then makes room for an RTIC 20 very easily.

Steve B
11-10-2020, 10:50 AM
A little elbow grease makes moving the batteries off to the side a little bit pretty simple, which then makes room for an RTIC 20 very easily.

The hard shell or soft shell? Thanks!

larry_arizona
11-10-2020, 01:14 PM
The hard shell or soft shell? Thanks!

I like tacos!!!

MJHSupra
11-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Living in Knoxville TN has a few perks, you are going to love this boat. It was my favorite boat in the Moomba lineup, still is.

haknslash
11-10-2020, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know is the bimini on the A3 tower MUCH shorter than the bimini on the pro tower?

Does the a3 Bimini at least come with surf pockets? (I think it listed them in the build).. In the video it looks small.

Created a superimposed A3 vs A3 Pro tower and bimini images for you. The A3 Pro bimini is a few inches longer forward and aft. It also has a shorter distance between the top of the windshield to the bottom of the bimini and a lower overall height (should help fit in more garages).

https://i.imgur.com/jfqz6jq.jpg

----

https://i.imgur.com/oEUUGiU.jpg

haknslash
11-10-2020, 10:37 PM
For chits and giggles comparing the Mojo and Max. Interesting that the Kaiyen, Mondo and Mojo all use a ginormous single fin vs the Craz, Makai and Max having two smaller fins. Also interesting how deep the Mojo appears to be. It's almost as deep as the Max is! I aligned the shaft and prop up together and you can see how they layout the proportions of the two boats. Pretty interesting.

https://i.imgur.com/ciog0md.jpg

MJHSupra
11-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Funny how ballast still creeps higher and higher. For any boat boat maker. What is the std for the Mojo now- 4K?

I think it’s interesting the Mojo is listed at 4300#, but a Supra SA or SL are 5800#s and 5600#s. Always surprised me.

Thus got to sink that hull for the displacement.