PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mojo input

Kidder522
07-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Hey group. Looking into a 2014 mojo and would like to know the pros and cons of this boat. I have an 07 LSV currently. My family is getting bigger/older and might have to upgrade to fit them.

Let me know all your thoughts on this boat.

Thanks.

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

costanza
07-28-2020, 07:57 AM
Hey there Richard - I upgraded from a 2013 LSV to a 2014 Mojo last summer... my family is big into wakesurfing with both my daughters competing so I wanted something bigger (that wouldn’t cost much more). No regrets! It’s a much bigger boat and I’ve got the wave dialed in now. It loves weight... the 2014 still doesn’t have surf tabs - so that is my big regret / I should have looked at 2015 instead to get the tabs. We surf with around 4000+ pounds when it’s just our family out...
Any q’s let me know...

sandm
07-28-2020, 10:50 AM
somewhere around '14-'15 they redesigned the hull. look for a boat after the redesign if you primarily surf as the original hull wasn't great as a surf hull but was one of the best in skiers lineup for boarding. early hull will surf but later took less work and most said a better wave.

BigOrange
07-28-2020, 11:00 AM
2015 to today is the same Mojo hull at 23-feet. The 2012 through 2014 is the 22.5-foot hull. Like said above, I believe 2015's will have manual or auto surf tabs and 2016+ has auto tabs and then varying levels of other upgrades such as auto-wake beginning 2018 or backward compatible to 2017's I believe. I'm not up to speed on autowake as my 2017 doesn't have it.

We love our Mojo!

Kidder522
07-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys for all your input. I have read a lot on the forum about the weight and hull, but since it was 6 yrs ago, I was hoping for the ones with the 14 to have worked all the kinks out and have things dialed in.
The one I am looking at has the manual tabs. I have a suck gate and mission that I have been using on my LSV. I think that the manuals will do the same thing?

Always great getting advice/information from everyone that has this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghebert1111
07-28-2020, 03:51 PM
I have the manual tabs and find the suckgate works much better. I'm experimenting with 2 suckgates ala surf.mode and will let you know how that works out. First test was pretty promising.

I run about 3600 lbs of ballast with a family of 3.

costanza
07-28-2020, 07:36 PM
I have the manual tabs and find the suckgate works much better. I'm experimenting with 2 suckgates ala surf.mode and will let you know how that works out. First test was pretty promising.

I run about 3600 lbs of ballast with a family of 3.
Look forward to seeing how the 2
Suckgates work out!! Let me know what works best and where in hull you put them...

Isaguel
07-28-2020, 08:53 PM
My 2015 had the autosurf 1.0. The 1.0 tabs were very small, so I installed the 2.0 tabs. Easy upgrade and huge difference.
I would consider going up a year and looking at the autosurf for a couple more grand. I can't overstate how convenient it is to just flip a toggle and Voila! you're switching from regular to goofy surf in 3 secs. My buddy and I spent a lot of time practicing switching but couldn't do it without the rope. It requires perfect timing. Youtube guys make it look so easy.
Anyway, it seems like a large investment but if you plan to keep the boat for 10years, then all that time enjoying the convenience of autosurf is totally worth it.