PDA

View Full Version : New soon to be 2021 Moomba Max owner

zruvalcaba
07-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Hello all, we just recently sold our 2017 Chaparral Vortex boat. It was a 20' boat with a supercharged 250hp jet drive engine. We loved the boat but it just wasn't powerful or big enough for our family of 6. Also my kids want to get more into wake sports and the jet boat was terrible for that. So on Tuesday we demo'd a 2020 Moomba Max. Loved the quality, fit and finish of the boat. Loved the power, handling, and the wake dynamics of the boat so much that we put in an order for a 2021 to be delivered in November. Attached is a picture of the boat built. Here's a breakdown of what we ordered on the boat:

2020 INDMAR 6.2L FORD RAPTOR 400, CATALYST W/1.76 TRANS V-DRIVE
FLOW 2 SURF SYSTEM WITH G6 BALLAST SYSTEM UPGRADE (6 PUMPS) (W/ MID SHIP BAGS)
AUTOWAKE W/ MULTISENSOR TECHNOLOGY
PROP, NIBRAL, OJ 15.5X18 4-BLADE (SPEED/SURF)
DECAL OPTIONS: MOOMBA BLACK CHROME LOGO
UPHOLSTERY BASE COLOR: DARK GRAPHITE DIAM / LIGHT GRAPHITE MAR
UPHOLSTERY ACCENT PANEL: BLACK TREXX
UPHOLSTERY WELT COLOR: BLACK TREXX
GATORSTEP FLOOR & DECK KIT (LIGHT GREY)
A3 TOWER (BLACK)
WAKEBOARD RACKS WITH QUICK RELEASE SWIVEL
ADD 2 8" WETSOUNDS TOWER SPEAKERS,SUB, AMPLIFIED COCKPIT SPEAKERS WITH AMP -INCLUDES CLAMPS
TOWER BIMINI, PREMIUM A3 WITH ARMS AND SURF STORAGE - BLACK
FULL BOAT COVER W/ HT (CHARCOAL)
SWIM PLATFORM COVER
WALK-THRU SCREEN
DEPTH FINDER
DUAL BATTERY SET-UP WITH CHARGER
SIDE STORAGE BINS (SET OF 2)
SURF PIPE EXHAUST UPGRADE
AUDIO REMOTE - TRANSOM LOCATION
POP-UP CLEATS (SET OF 4)

Apparently the 2021 Max's have the new LCD screen that some of the other higher priced models had in 2019 and 2020. So we got that as well.

We're looking forward at taking delivery of our boat and looking forward to venturing into this new world of wake sports. Hoping to learn as much as I can about this boat in the meantime....if anyone has any pointers, things to look out for, etc. Please advise. Thanks!

996scott
07-25-2020, 08:37 PM
Congrats on the new boat, looks like a nice build. Use the search button and you will find endless threads on the Max and all the mods/upgrades people have done. This is probably the best place to start.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?31541-Murder-Max-Mods

brad460
07-25-2020, 09:16 PM
We plan on ordering a new Max ourselves...For many years we had a Moomba Mobius LSV, sold that and was boatless for a couple years, then we bought a new 19 Yamaha AR210 jet boat (sold it today...it was a nice boat, but I just didnt like the high revving jet engine drives- Miss a V-8 engine )

We are going all black with a tan interior..

smitty75
07-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Seems like we have similar taste, here’s our 2021 SA build https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200726/8ac65ff96391a31e6781bea125050aec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z28ke
07-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the new Max!!! Waiting til November is going to seem like an eternity!

Isaguel
07-25-2020, 11:19 PM
Congrats. Awesome boat.

Precious Roy
07-26-2020, 10:42 AM
Congrats on the max.... looking forward to ordering one as well!

sandm
07-26-2020, 11:31 AM
Waiting til November is going to seem like an eternity!

tell me about it. we are only waiting a week and this last day has been looonnnngggg...

can't even imagine waiting until november.....

congrats and post up pics once you pick it up.. rule here is pics or you didn't buy it :)

Isaguel
07-26-2020, 12:36 PM
congrats and post up pics once you pick it up.. rule here is pics or you didn't buy it :)

Ummm, sandm, you should practice what u preach. I haven't seen your boat pics yet!:cool:
I know you went outside of SC, but that doesn't matter. I'd like to think we're equal opportunity Boat enthusiasts here.

sandm
07-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Ummm, sandm, you should practice what u preach. I haven't seen your boat pics yet!:cool:

ya, I get it :)
ours is likely trekking across nebraska right now. eta is monday afternoon. we hope anyway.......

zruvalcaba
07-26-2020, 12:51 PM
Congrats on the new boat, looks like a nice build. Use the search button and you will find endless threads on the Max and all the mods/upgrades people have done. This is probably the best place to start.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?31541-Murder-Max-Mods

Excellent, thanks for the reference!

zruvalcaba
07-26-2020, 12:54 PM
We plan on ordering a new Max ourselves...For many years we had a Moomba Mobius LSV, sold that and was boatless for a couple years, then we bought a new 19 Yamaha AR210 jet boat (sold it today...it was a nice boat, but I just didnt like the high revving jet engine drives- Miss a V-8 engine )

We are going all black with a tan interior..

Completely agree! At WOT the Vortex was at 8000 RPMs consistently. Although I'm sure that's normal for that boat, it made for a very loud boat at WOT. When we test drove this Max I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet this boat was. Congrats on your sale...strike while the iron is hot and boy is the iron hot for selling a boat this summer!

zruvalcaba
07-26-2020, 12:57 PM
Seems like we have similar taste, here’s our 2021 SA build https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200726/8ac65ff96391a31e6781bea125050aec.jpg

Gorgeous boat / build. Personally I wanted the tan interior but my wife didn't.

zruvalcaba
07-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Congrats on the new Max!!! Waiting til November is going to seem like an eternity!

So here's the worst part about it. Our original delivery was late April early May. We put 10% down on the boat but want a little more time to put down another $20K. Since we're not going to be using the boat until around that time anyway, I figured that would give us some time to get another $20K together and put down a proper 30% down payment on this boat at pick up. Well our dealer (Tige, Supra, Moomba dealer) said they still had 2 slots left for Moomba orders for 2020. He said he'd rather use his 2 2020 slots than begin to use his 2021 slots so he's ordering the boat now for November delivery and holding it in his indoor warehouse until we're ready for pickup. In Southern California indoor storage is rare and comes at a premium so although we'll have access to see the boat, we're really not picking it up until April/May. :(

sandm
07-26-2020, 01:07 PM
wow. I couldn't wait 10 months to get it....

assume in socal you are using germaine marine. if you used Jason, he's a good cat.
we were looking at a kaiyen and he told us the same november delivery 3 weeks ago.

zruvalcaba
07-26-2020, 01:29 PM
wow. I couldn't wait 10 months to get it....

assume in socal you are using germaine marine. if you used Jason, he's a good cat.
we were looking at a kaiyen and he told us the same november delivery 3 weeks ago.

Yup, Germaine Marine. We dealt with Chase, very little with Jason. Buying experience was top notch. We bought our Chap from Tilly's Marine right down the street in 2017 and the buying experience wasn't nearly as good. Not only did they stop supporting our boat a year into our ownership but they had zero options for warranty related issues a year into ownership. Basically leaving us to drive 5-6 hours to Boulder or Visalia for warranty claims. Germaine Marine has been top notch...very pleased with our service so far.

snyderaaron
07-26-2020, 04:57 PM
ya, I get it :)
ours is likely trekking across nebraska right now. eta is monday afternoon. we hope anyway.......

If it’s in Nebraska, I could do a test drive for you before you get it. Work out the kinks!

sandm
07-26-2020, 05:06 PM
If it’s in Nebraska, I could do a test drive for you before you get it. Work out the kinks!

just leave the tank full and enjoy :)

haknslash
07-27-2020, 07:16 AM
Congrats and you will love the Max especially with the newer upgrades for 2021!

We had a Yamaha jet boat prior to our Max and while it was a fun and zippy boat, once we got bit by the surf bug it was game over. The throaty V8 is sooo much easier on the ears than the high revving jet boats!!

zruvalcaba
07-27-2020, 01:44 PM
Congrats and you will love the Max especially with the newer upgrades for 2021!

We had a Yamaha jet boat prior to our Max and while it was a fun and zippy boat, once we got bit by the surf bug it was game over. The throaty V8 is sooo much easier on the ears than the high revving jet boats!!

Thanks! Do you have the ultra blue metallic scheme on your boat? That's the color we ordered but I'd like to see some pictures of it on an actual boat....

haknslash
07-28-2020, 02:24 PM
Thanks! Do you have the ultra blue metallic scheme on your boat? That's the color we ordered but I'd like to see some pictures of it on an actual boat....

Yes we have the ultra blue flake and it’s awesome! The hue of the blue changes a bit based off lightning conditions and angles so here are some images to give you an idea.

https://i.imgur.com/gBsAGxV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pjKaeZq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bhMpoLq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MYTmyDx.jpg

haknslash
07-28-2020, 02:33 PM
A few more...

https://i.imgur.com/uUKEtpD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IjBQlL4.jpg

RB56
07-28-2020, 02:54 PM
Depending on when the 2021 boat builder comes out and pending what the spray patterns or any new colors, im pretty sure im going to copy Haknslash’s Max with the ultra blue, white, and chrome logo

Prolly throw in pacific blue upholstery accents and light gray gatorstep

Its just looks so good

sandm
07-28-2020, 02:59 PM
hack's boat would have been our build fo sho..... it's crazy lookin......

zruvalcaba
07-28-2020, 04:43 PM
A few more...

https://i.imgur.com/uUKEtpD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IjBQlL4.jpg

Geezus that is legit! I'm stoked we got that color. That is unreal! Thanks for sharing!

haknslash
07-28-2020, 06:46 PM
RJ's boat is what sold me on Ultra Blue. If you like to grab people's attention I don't think there is another color in the chart that can do it better. I love how it sort of morphs colors a little bit based on lighting conditions and angles. Thanks guys for the compliments! We truly do love it every time I pull the cover off.

player1986
08-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Congrats on the new Max!!!

TexTgrTed1
08-03-2020, 11:36 PM
Congrats on the new boat. Been a Moomba owner since 1999 & big believer in the brand.

Almost bought a 2019 Max last year but fell in love with a gently used Craz. Love this boat even more than my old Outback, which I didn’t think was possible.

Tatersalad
09-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Hello all, just starting out on research for a new Moomba. If we custom build, can we expect some discount from the MSRP. Just custom built a Ram Truck and was so happy with the deal and the discount associated with custom order since the dealer doesn’t have to keep the vehicle on the lot. Does boat builds work the same? I know Moombas are hot right now, but will they generally come off MSRP?

larry_arizona
09-01-2020, 10:19 AM
6-8% seems like what you should expect on a new moomba.

Don’t expect Automotive discounts and incentives.

Guppydriver
09-17-2020, 12:48 AM
Depending on when the 2021 boat builder comes out and pending what the spray patterns or any new colors, im pretty sure im going to copy Haknslash’s Max with the ultra blue, white, and chrome logo

Prolly throw in pacific blue upholstery accents and light gray gatorstep

Its just looks so good

Just out of curiosity, how does the pacific blue welt or accents match up with the ultra blue flake exterior? Is it close enough where you really wouldn't know if you weren't intentionally trying to compare them ?

smitty75
09-17-2020, 11:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, how does the pacific blue welt or accents match up with the ultra blue flake exterior? Is it close enough where you really wouldn't know if you weren't intentionally trying to compare them ?

That’s a great question. It’s unfortunate that they don’t have a closer match to the ultra though. I’d like to see a few close up with more pacific interior than just accents next to ultra. May have to be something you see in person.

Guppydriver
09-17-2020, 07:52 PM
That’s a great question. It’s unfortunate that they don’t have a closer match to the ultra though. I’d like to see a few close up with more pacific interior than just accents next to ultra. May have to be something you see in person.

Even more of a relevant question now. The 2021 builder has tower accents available in Pacific Blue on the Max. If it "goes", it would look ridiculously high end. If it doesn't, it would look awkward. Not much middle ground.