PDA

View Full Version : EGO3 open / lazy

rockymtnsurfer
07-21-2020, 08:04 AM
This has come on 3 times now in the last 3-4 weeks. Boat performance doesn't change at all (knock on wood!)

Dealer says as long as there is no performance or running change, its no problem.

Googling and other posts here say its not a issue, but a glitch in the software.

I am 6 hrs away from the dealer, so I am checking with everyone to hear their thoughts. Its a long way for a error code.....and I will bring it to them in the fall for maintenance in the fall.

Should I wait?

Thanks
D

jason1973
07-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Same with my 2019 Raptor 400. I get this occasionally. I talked to my dealer and he said it was just the O2 sensor and nothing to worry about. Just run it and continue on.

rockymtnsurfer
07-21-2020, 09:15 PM
Same with my 2019 Raptor 400. I get this occasionally. I talked to my dealer and he said it was just the O2 sensor and nothing to worry about. Just run it and continue on.

At least the dealers are consistent:) Thanks

larry_arizona
07-21-2020, 09:43 PM
Post cat O2’s don’t effect performance, however it can effect emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockymtnsurfer
07-22-2020, 07:28 AM
Post cat O2’s don’t effect performance, however it can effect emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point to hear...thank you Larry

jimmsch
07-22-2020, 08:35 PM
These Indmar engines have trouble with catalytic converters. See if you can get a socket that will fit over the sensor and remove it. Shine a light in there and see if the honeycombs are intact.

rockymtnsurfer
07-23-2020, 07:41 AM
These Indmar engines have trouble with catalytic converters. See if you can get a socket that will fit over the sensor and remove it. Shine a light in there and see if the honeycombs are intact.

I will give it a look...thank you