PDA

View Full Version : iPod mount

canuckskier
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks to Joe for the iPod adapter. I have been patiently waiting and searching a long time for such a simple system.

Now on to where to put my iPod. I would like to mount it on the driver's side somewhere in something that won't fall off the first time I hit some chop. Does anybody have any photos or ideas of products I can buy for this?

Cheers.

Nafplio
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Take a look at my installation. It has worked well for me. The mini is long gone. I got a new 30G. Also, a new ProFit iPod mount from Crutchfield. I should update the pics. Drilling on the dash is painfull.

canuckskier
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
thanks.

Looks like exactly what i want. I imagine I'll need some tranquilizers before I drill in the dash, but the end result is pretty sweet.

Cheers

Schmitter
03-31-2007, 10:24 AM
I use Velcro in my vehicles and that seems to work well. I can also remove the Velcro without leaving holes. Did you have any problems with the sun on the display being out in the sun? I have had that problem in the past with other devices, so this concerns me.

Nafplio
03-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Velcro would be a better choice if you can get it to stay there. I wanted a more permanent solution.
I don't recall having a problem with the sun. I just don't like the location of the head unit on the boat. Supras have them on the driver's side :?: .

wakecrazy21v
04-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Supras are now in the glove box.

Nafplio
04-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Shoot! That was one of the things I really liked about them. I don't get it. Why on the other side? I don't recall ever getting wet while driving.