PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Seahawk
07-14-2020, 10:35 AM
Hello all, picked up a 2018 Moomba Mondo a few months ago and have been cruising the forums since so decided to actually join. The Mondo is an upgrade from a 2008 SeaRay 195 Sport that we picked up a couple years ago to see if the family would take to boating/water sport activities. They enjoy being out on the lake so pulled the trigger on an upgrade this year so we could have a little more elbow room for friends to join in the fun. Not to mention I would see people surfing and wanted to be able to try, as it looked like fun and a lot less impact on these old bones! In short just wanted to introduce myself and be able to access/communicate in the event I have any questions that I can’t find answers to in the forums.

audisnapr
07-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Welcome. I'm new around here as well but thought I'd chime in because my family also came from the SeaRay world to a Mondo just this last year. After 7 years of enjoying our SeaRay SkiRay Spitfire, we picked up a 2017 Mondo in October of 2019 for all the same reasons you mentioned. Enjoy!

sandm
07-14-2020, 11:12 AM
I would say congrats and welcome but the rule around here is pics or you didn't buy it... :)

enjoy.....

Seahawk
07-14-2020, 11:54 AM
See if this works!

sandm
07-14-2020, 12:01 PM
nice whip......

Isaguel
07-14-2020, 10:27 PM
Congrats. Lots of great info here. Enjoy the new Mondo. I just noticed how much it looks like a smaller version of the Mojo, paint scheme and all.
Post interior pics.

Seahawk
07-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Isaguel,

It is very similar to the Mojo, just got wet and shrunk a little :cool: My priority was being able to fit it in the garage and also be able to tow with my current SUV without getting to close to the tow rating so I could still load up the boat and car with all the toys, camping gear, etc. (mainly large cooler full of beer and whiskey). Was contemplating on going bigger with the boat and getting a storage unit, but I like the convenience of storing at the house for easy loading/unloading/cleaning etc. Here are a couple pictures of the interior, not very good ones but will give you an idea. I had the carpet out to take pictures for comparison of the gatorstep templates online. Replacing the carpet in the next couple of weeks. Get tired of drying it out all the time!28785287862878728788

DNIXD99
07-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Congrats...

bergermaister
07-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Very nice - welcome to the family. Beware - these guys can help you spend your money faster than you can make it...

Isaguel
07-17-2020, 07:31 AM
Nice. You have to match the boat size to your needs. Even the Mondo is prolly getting close to the tow capacity of the Benz. Keeping the boat in the garage is a huge plus. With the Mojo, with the tower folded down I still needed almost 9ft clearance. With the FX one tower on the Supra I can now fit it in the third stall. Sooo convenient for cleaning, detailing and not having to drive 15 mins to storage every time we want to go to lake that's 5 mins away.
I liked my carpet on the Mojo. Pulled it out, rinsed it and it always looked clean. With the GS now, I have gotten on my knees with a soft brush and dawn dish soap and it still looks dirty, has spots wont come out. I know they sell a cleaner and I'll try it, but its a porous material and you're gonna get dirt and grime that will not come out. But it looks good!
Well, enjoy the awesome new ride.!

Seahawk
07-20-2020, 01:32 PM
I wish I had 9ft clearance, would have been able to expand my options. Unfortunately I was stuck with 92 ½” clearance and the mondo just squeaks in. I have plenty of length and width due to oversize stall. Once I get it tucked away, I have plenty of height to put the tower back up. Wish the home builder would have made the door itself taller. But there is a main structural I-beam right above the door that prevents me from replacing the door with a taller one which would need to be structurally reengineered.

I have a little wiggle room on tow capacity, 7200 with my BMW 50i M-Sport.

Being 5 minutes away from the lake must be awesome! One day when I retire, retire, my dream is to live on a lake somewhere, just not sure where that is or will be yet. I have about a 1 ½ drive to get to the water. But well worth it to see the smiles on my little people’s faces!

Seahawk
08-21-2020, 09:39 AM

I referenced replacing the carpet a few post up. Project done so figured I would follow up with a pic. Very simple to install, turned out well I think.

yearround
09-17-2020, 04:01 PM
Hey seahawk, i have not stalked around too much lately, i just saw this now. welcome. hope you enjoy the moomba. we had a searay 182 many years ago, then bought an 08 LSV, after the garage fit test in 2007. (garage fit is a mandatory for us) we loved the LSV for 11 years and bought a mondo last September. after some trials with getting the surf weighting figured out, we are loving it now. It looks like you are on Pueblo? we get down there occasionally. most in Denver. annual trips to Powell. maybe we will meet.

todd

Seahawk
12-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Yearround,

Just saw this, like you I have not been on in a while. You are correct, I normally go to Pueblo just about every weekend when the weather and wind cooperate. Quick trip to get there for us as I am located in the Springs. Garage fit for us was mandatory as well. This year was our first year trying wake surfing and have enjoyed it. Have it figured out for the most part but realized at 6 foot and 200-215 pound I need a little more weight in the boat than the kids and wife to get the push I need to toss the rope. Wife does not know it yet, but she will be the proud new owner of upgraded bags for x-mas ��. Just received my, I mean her new 910 bags two days ago so hopefully that will do the trick. Guess we will see come spring.
Hit me up if/when you are heading to, or at Pueblo and see us. Normally hang out in the Denver cove when we are there. We always like meeting new folks to hang with on the water. Just made our camping reservations for Memorial Day.

Jay