PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on "remanufactured" engine? VS 450 hour engine.

bobbobobbo
07-14-2020, 02:02 AM
Two of essentially the same LSV for sale..

- One is an 07 with 450 hours, dealer serviced/winterized yearly (other than that not sure of how the owner treated the motor).

- Another, 09, for 5k more, has a remanufactured engine. He mentioned it was done by a reputable dealer and essentially a new Indmar from the top down. Twas due to a bad winterization one year, and that the reman has about 70 hours on it. 200 hours on the hull.

I guess I don't know enough here or what to do... I don't mind spending a bit more if it's worth it. Advice, thoughts?

bergermaister
07-14-2020, 10:09 AM
Just food for thought - I had a new engine after about 275 hours on the hull due a bad winterization. Hull now has 650 hours and engine about half that. Doesn't burn a drop of oil, actually bumped the HP from 325 to 340 in the process, never an issue. If I didn't tell you, you'd never know. Just make sure there is documentation to prove it was done.

bobbobobbo
07-14-2020, 12:12 PM
True true... would need some type of detailed record and exactly what's done. That being said I suppose I'm more curious choice wise if it's worth an added cost to get a used LSV with a reman engine. Vs one with an original at 450 hours.