PDA

View Full Version : 2020 max surf plates gone crazy

prostock
07-12-2020, 12:29 PM
bad been surfing all day left and right side. switched back to right and could not get wave to clean up. stopped and try to adjust plate and had a buddy feeling of it position would change on the screen but the plate would not move. right plate was stuck down. we could adjust left plate and smart plate but not the right. cycled the key acouple times and the turnred perko switch off still no good,
went out to shop this morning and unpluged both surf plates in the eng bay and plugged them back in got both plates to work but pretty inconsistant when bumping the plate as if we were surfing right or left some times the last 3-8 adjustment the plate would already be all the way up or down not being consistant with the numerical value on the screen antbody have any experiance with this ?

Isaguel
07-12-2020, 02:54 PM
Can’t figure how to copy a thread in Tapatalk. Here is my quote on a previous thread on plate issues.
“ When you start the boat, make sure your surf tab toggle is in the middle position. Before you flip the toggle for surfing, make sure you allow the ECU to cycle through its diagnostics. If the toggle was left on the starboard position when the engine is turned off, when you turn it back on, if the toggleis still flipped to the side, it'll mess up the whole diagnostics run and cause all kinds of issues. I dealt with this for a year, even my dealer didn't know what was going on. I called SC and they explained this to me. Not a problem since. THis was on my '15 Mojo.
Always ensure the toggle is in the middle position and wait a few secs for all the gauges to settle and then flip it for surfing.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prostock
07-12-2020, 07:33 PM
Thanks for this info think I’ve read that while Trying by to research this problem I will definitely be more mindful of that. Still makes me wonder why the dash will say numerically that the plate is all the way up or down but sometimes not be both port and starboard