PDA

View Full Version : gas cap

anabolicone
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I have a 2007 LSV arriving in late April which I ordered at the boat show - quick question - which side has the gas fill up cap or is it on both sides like the Malibus have.

Thanks

jglasson
03-26-2007, 03:46 PM
My 07 outback V has the filler only on the right side. Looking at the pictures on the website, it looks like the LSV is the same.

JoeTechie
03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Yup - LSV fill is on the right (starboard) side of the boat. (sucks that my truck is on the left)

-J

jglasson
03-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes. Both my SUV's fill on the left too. It sucks at the gas station...

smokedog2
03-26-2007, 10:02 PM
My buddies new Supra 22SSV has caps on both sides.

While that inspires a comment or two, he got a lot for the price spread between his and mine.

SD2

davidl
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
:? My problem is the same! fuel on my truck driver side/lsv pass side-pain in the arssss. Also bought my boat at the end of 06 season Hate the driver seat and now for 07 they changed!!!!. I have 6 hours on the boat and they will not work with me on changing out the seat! whats up with that?

anabolicone
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
thanks to the replies - Have to say that sucks ! My Tahoe fill tank is also on the left --- We are selling our Sea Doo Challenger at this time and its fuel fill is on the right - it was always a pain in the ass last summer when fueling at the gas station --- I had looked at the Malibu V-Ride before deciding on the LSV and it had two fill points one on each side - that was a very nice addition...
Anyone have an idea why Moomba put it on the right side when most vehicles have the fuel fill on the left ?

anabolicone
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
oh yeah forgot to ask - whats the difference between the 06 and 07 LSV driver seat ? I didnt know there as a difference .

qb12
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
oh yeah forgot to ask - whats the difference between the 06 and 07 LSV driver seat ? I didnt know there as a difference .

07 the seat swivels.

zabooda
03-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Pure speculation but the filler may be on the right side for fueling at marinas where you tend to pull in on the drivers side.

qb12
03-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Pure speculation but the filler may be on the right side for fueling at marinas where you tend to pull in on the drivers side.

great job zabooda, mainly due to prop rotation. my friend has a cc 210 and his is on the left side since his model was a rh prop rotation.

but yes it would be nice to have it on both sides so you could fill up on the lake and also when you are on your way to the lake and have to fill both the boat and truck up.

docholiday
03-27-2007, 11:11 PM

makes sense....most US cars, driver on left, fuel on left.....

now we just need to find a truck manufacturer that puts a fuel filler on both sides.... :p

Schmitter
03-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Since you have to dock the boat right side to dock, filling is easier at the dock. I just make sure my truck is full before I hook up the boat and drag the boat empty till the last station before the lake. Saves a couple hundred pounds in tow weight as well.

Wolf-
03-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Since you have to dock the boat right side to dock, filling is easier at the dock. I just make sure my truck is full before I hook up the boat and drag the boat empty till the last station before the lake. Saves a couple hundred pounds in tow weight as well.

On the Outback, I have found I get better fuel economy towing with a full tank. This is due to tongue weight being less and the load being more equalized. We are talking 1-2mpg difference.

JoeTechie
04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Wolf - not to get into a long discussion, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the physics here. I Love the premise that a shift in balance can cause a change in MPG, and I'm willing to be swayed ...but...

The extra 200 lbs of weight should create a slightly higher level of friction on the trailer tires, and not sure how balance of tongue weight lowers your pulling resistance... so I can pull 10,000 lbs as long as my tongue weight is only 10lbs ???? The back springs/shocks are the only thing the tongue weight limit is for. Yes, your own tires are being loaded and therefore causing higher level of friction, but moving it to the sled does not change the pulling load resistance.

Also, 1-2MPG is hard to calculate accuratly in almost any vehicle, even with the trip computers, the act of gassing up "the old way" could mean you turned the car off and on 1 more time, and idled in the parking lot for 5 more min - that can cause 1mpg over a 20 mile trip easily.

as always, just curious as to the thought process... feel free to ignore.

:)

-Joe

Wolf-
04-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Nearly any long haul trucker will tell you that a evenly weighted trailer will result in better fuel economy. Tongue weight should be between 5-8 percent of the total towed weight. If the tongue weight is too light, then the rear wheels of the tow vehicle are fighting to stay on the ground. If the weight is too heavy, then extra force is being placed down on the rear axels. The idea is to level your total weight across all axels. This is one of the added benefits of drawbars in towing travel trailers.

Not sure where you came up with the 10lb = 10000 towable numbers.

I'm not saying that a full tank on a Mobius would benefit anyone, I'm just saying that on the Outback, that I own, I get better economy traveling with a full tank.

With regards to fuel economy in towing, we can leave drafting 18s and towing with a cover for another discussion.