PDA

View Full Version : New LSV V-Drive Problem

bluemobius
03-25-2007, 10:47 PM
We took our new LSV out this weekend and started the break-in. On the second hour when we finally got to speed up to 3000 RPM, the v-drive light came on. I pulled the cover and there was a whining noise coming from the gear-box and it was hot to the touch, the noise went away @ about 2500 RPM's and after 20 min of cooling off the light turned off.
On our way bck to the ramp the noise and light came back on again.

Any ideas?

I LOVE the boat so far but summer is getting close and I'm worried.

JoeTechie
03-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Did you check the V-Drive fluid level ? It has it's own dipstick and fill, (not same as transmission.) Read the owners manual - it has good pics.

-Joe

smokedog2
03-26-2007, 06:52 AM
The dealer should be around for that first ride IMHO. Check the fluid and invite him along - or toss him the keys.

I would not run it again until it was figured out and fixed.

SD2

bluemobius
03-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the replies- I did check the oil level in the gearcase and in the transmission. The gearcase was alittle low, and I thought that was the problem, but after adding oil it did it again. The noise sounded like an impellar squeeling not gears- on the front of the gearcase looks like an impellar or recirculatuion pump, but I'm not sure.

I'm in western NC and the dealer is 3hrs away in TN. I am calling them today.

Engine Nut
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Did you check the Walter V-drive Manual that should have come with your engine? The Walter V-drive does have an oil pump. If the oil lines are clogged the pump will not pump. If you did not get a copy of the manual, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the pertinent information. Who is your dealer?

Engine Nut

bluemobius
03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Engine Nut, I do have the specs on the gearbox, and think that you could be right.
I purchased the boat from Knoxville Watersports and so far they have been great. They are meeting me in the morning to pick up the boat.
My only concern is getting back on the water soon, the season is too short to be paying on a boat that is inoperable. On the other hand I don't want to rush them because I want it to be right.

bluemobius
04-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Dealer met me half way to pick the boat up- and called me later that day to let me know they found a bad sensor. As for the noise they never heard anything abnormal. While they had it they fixed the depth finder and replaced a bolt in the platform. Dealer did a great job.
We put it on the water Saturday and had no problems. I am pleased! This boat is bad!!! I only have 2 hours left on break-in.