PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speakers??

Pike
03-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Would it be a good idea to get the tower speakers from someone other than the dealer?

Also I have no idea what speakers to get and what is a fair price. I have seen racks with two, four and six speakers. How many are needed for a good sound.

Thanks for the help

pickle311
03-25-2007, 11:04 PM
for good sound, all you need is 1 pair of Wetsounds Pro80s.
It's really about what you want, you can spend the same amount of money on 4 speakers and not get near the volume out of them. Any of the HLCD tower speakers will blow away standard ones. Most companies are using standard car audio speakers in cans, they aren't designed to project sound 80ft and still remain loud and clear.

04OUTBACK
03-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Mine has Dealer installed MB Quart's and they are fine... But, you'll probably have more options without getting them from the dealer. My guess is there is an autosound shop that can fix you up with more amp/speaker options.

clark
03-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a 2005 Mobius LSV and am about to put some tower speakers on my boat. As a frame of reference, what size amp and wattage tower speakers come from the factory? This way I will know the minimum to buy. Is there a minimum amp size and wattage speakers should I get. I haven't dealt much with amps.... Also, do they wire them to one of the extra accessory toggle switches?

Thanks,
Clark