PDA

View Full Version : White wash issue

Sickpainter
06-29-2020, 06:08 AM
so we had a wierd issue on the lake yesterday, we run our normal crew and our tab settings the first half of the day everything is fine and normal, we stop and swim and hangout then go back to surf same settings we always use which for us has been 20 wakeplate and 45 surf on reg side, did this after lunch and was nothing but white wash? Cycled the key and battery let cluster run through the whole cycle before i started and still did it? The only way to get rid of the white wash was 50 wake and 100 surf which we never had to do before, any ideas what's going on?

Stazi
06-29-2020, 06:49 AM
Turn off the boat completely with the battery switch for a minute. Then restart it and it should be back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sickpainter
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Turn off the boat completely with the battery switch for a minute. Then restart it and it should be back to normal.

We did try switching off the battery also no result

Isaguel
06-29-2020, 07:39 AM
Not sure which boat you have and which surf system, but, if a Moomba and you have the analog toggles, make sure your surf toggle is in the middle before restarting the boat, and don't flip it to either side until you start, and the ECU runs all its diagnostics, you'll see all the gauges move up and down and then settle, just takes a few secs, then flip your surf toggle switch.

Sickpainter
06-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Not sure which boat you have and which surf system, but, if a Moomba and you have the analog toggles, make sure your surf toggle is in the middle before restarting the boat, and don't flip it to either side until you start, and the ECU runs all its diagnostics, you'll see all the gauges move up and down and then settle, just takes a few secs, then flip your surf toggle switch.

2018 craz, we stopped the boat switched off surf system, turned of cruise turn off key then switched battery to off for 5 minutes, switched battery on turn key on but not start let all the gauges do their thing then started boat, turned on cruise then switched on the surf side and it did not resolve

parrothd
06-29-2020, 08:57 AM
The actuator can go bad, test it out of the water by flipping the switch and compare against the other side and watch the distance the plate moves. The dash does not display what position the plate is in, just the amount of time it has to move.

Stazi
06-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Actuator is bad if you can hold it with your hand when someone flips the switch and it doesn’t move. The internal clutch can give out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sickpainter
06-29-2020, 11:15 AM
Actuator is bad if you can hold it with your hand when someone flips the switch and it doesn’t move. The internal clutch can give out.

Any way to test out of the water

Stazi
06-29-2020, 11:22 AM
Exactly as I described. Have some hold up on surf tab and see if they can resist it from moving when someone else deploys it.

parrothd
06-29-2020, 12:19 PM
Works on the trailer to.

Sickpainter
07-08-2020, 05:40 PM
After looking at it today I can possibly see the slightest variation in two of the 4 blades on the prop, and i do mean very slight. There is no vibrations when driving and didn't feel like I've hit anything, no Knicks or pieces missing either, could this have the effect on the wave

Sickpainter
07-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Also tested the actuator it is good

Stazi
07-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Prop would not do that.

Sickpainter
07-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Prop would not do that.

Battery switch has been off for almost two weeks this weekend i hope to go to lake and will try again hoping it was just a glitch

DNIXD99
07-16-2020, 04:25 PM
This was happening on my buddies 2017 Supra yesterday. When we would switch to Star side, it would white wash. He tried everything mentioned above, but the only way he end up getting Star to work, was choosing a saved profile. Weird. He said its been happening the past couple weeks. Hes still under warranty, so hes going have the dealer deal with it when he takes for the next service.

Sickpainter
07-16-2020, 07:30 PM
After the boat sit with battery off for two weeks we had no issues last weekend hoping it doesn't become a common issue