PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order and use the removable seat back?

996scott
06-23-2020, 08:17 PM
just wondering how many have this option and actually use it? Is it a pain to put together or put away? Is it worth $800? I like the idea of it and I love the way that Supra has it all built together as one unit but not sure i want to spend that much on something i might not ever use.

Surf Wagon
06-23-2020, 08:23 PM
Never use ours it's a pain to put up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BroncoMabry
06-23-2020, 08:24 PM
We have one & never use it. It’s a pain to setup. I would skip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schwan
06-23-2020, 08:24 PM
I don't even keep ours in the boat, it just sits in the garage. Since I drive the majority of the time, I don't like how it walls the driver off from everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RB56
06-23-2020, 09:15 PM
We have one & never use it. It’s a pain to setup. I would skip it.

Glad to know

Didnt realize it was something that you had to take time to put on and off

htfit
06-23-2020, 09:22 PM
Does anybody use the seat rest behind the drivers seat? That was on my list to eventually get but so was the center backrest and now I am questioning it.

Does the center back rest not store under the seat? I think if it doeant store under the seat that would be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Surf Wagon
06-23-2020, 09:24 PM
No one in our crew uses the one behind the drive seat. The center seat stores under the seat. I personally think it's a pain to put up.

BroncoMabry
06-23-2020, 09:27 PM
The seat back behind the drivers seat stays in all the time & is used frequently in our 2018 Mojo.

Isaguel
06-23-2020, 09:52 PM
The seat back behind the drivers seat stays in all the time & is used frequently in our 2018 Mojo.

I can see that makes a lot of sense. With the SL, there is a back rest behind the driver seat and passengers use it all the time. It is comfortable to lean back on it whether youre looking at riders or if your having a convo with other passengers in the cabin.

Shoebox
06-23-2020, 10:00 PM
Does anybody use the seat rest behind the drivers seat? That was on my list to eventually get but so was the center backrest and now I am questioning it.

Does the center back rest not store under the seat? I think if it doeant store under the seat that would be a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TapatalkOne thing Tige definitely did right with the ATX is put extra install slots for that backrest around the boat. There are 2 on the sundeck/locker covers and I think another on the passenger side. It allows it to be moved around for different purposes. (Hint, hint Moomba)

996scott
06-23-2020, 11:38 PM
thanks for the input. Think i will be saving myself $800 and skip that option :)

larry_arizona
06-24-2020, 08:37 AM
I can see that makes a lot of sense. With the SL, there is a back rest behind the driver seat and passengers use it all the time. It is comfortable to lean back on it whether youre looking at riders or if your having a convo with other passengers in the cabin.

When I am not driving, my spot favorite spot to chill and watch riders is the seat behind the driver.

Kxmoomba
06-24-2020, 12:43 PM
We use both, the behind the driver seat is one of the best seats in the house to kick back and watch in the shade without turning your head to look lol

jimmsch
06-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Never use ours it's a pain to put up.

totally. plus it always leaves paint chips in the boat

That's the moveable rear seat. the behind drivers seat is always set up, but nobody ever sits there

996scott
06-25-2020, 04:29 PM
totally. plus it always leaves paint chips in the boat

That's the moveable rear seat. the behind drivers seat is always set up, but nobody ever sits there

What do you mean about the paint chips? Where are they coming from?

Tommy2slow
06-25-2020, 09:25 PM
Scott, what model are you looking at? My 2020 mojo came standard with the back rest behind the driver’s seat (bow filler is standard now too!). We use it all the time as my 320# son surfs goofy. We really like it.28734

996scott
06-25-2020, 11:26 PM
we are thinking of getting a Craz. Yea there are a lot of great things that come standard now. Glad to hear you guys use the sliding rear seat back. It seams to be about 70% don't use it 30% use it.

TXSurf4
06-26-2020, 12:01 AM
Not super convenient to put up but is nice to have. We use it every time we are out. Seat back behind driver stays in all the time.

larry_arizona
06-26-2020, 07:22 AM
Not super convenient to put up but is nice to have. We use it every time we are out. Seat back behind driver stays in all the time.

Agree, if you have the seat back, why would you take it out?

Max20
06-26-2020, 11:56 PM
On my Makai, the seat back behind the driver interferes quite a bit with the seat cushion when folding it up to access the storage. I can already see a wear line on the seat back for the two rubbing each other. Anyone else have the same issue? I am thinking I will see if they will warranty a new seat back and make some kind of adjustment to prevent them from rubbing each other when opening the seat bottom

TXSurf4
06-27-2020, 03:31 PM
On my Makai, the seat back behind the driver interferes quite a bit with the seat cushion when folding it up to access the storage. I can already see a wear line on the seat back for the two rubbing each other. Anyone else have the same issue? I am thinking I will see if they will warranty a new seat back and make some kind of adjustment to prevent them from rubbing each other when opening the seat bottom

Mine rubs too but I am not noticing any wear. Let us know what you find out as far as warranty goes on it. [emoji1360]