PDA

View Full Version : 2021 supra and moomba

chester
06-22-2020, 10:36 AM
Since the new models are usually announced in August, i was surprised there hasn't been any rumors yet of new features, models, etc. Anyone know anything yet? I need a distraction. redesigned SR? subfloor mojo? anything?

RC_Hinojosa
06-22-2020, 10:38 AM
New multi-colored flooring and stern thruster available on Supras, as well as liquid Lumens underwater lighting options.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

FamilyMan
06-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Finally stern thrusters! Next boat will have one 100%. I can maneuver it well enough, but ain’t gonna be a masochist for funs sake. These massive free boards make for the max being pushed around by small breezes. Still debating putting one on the current boat, but prefer the OEM approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
06-22-2020, 11:08 AM
Gatorstep will be a nice upgrade if only for color choices.

Thruster would be good on the SE, might be a bit over kill for SA/SL. But it would at least make docking on the right side of the dock an option, especially if it’s integrated to the throttle control.

Just a guess but I don’t think they will redesign the SR. They can’t do the interior walk through on the current SR, maybe just jump to the SL or leave the product line alone for a year?

Prospersigman
06-22-2020, 11:59 AM
More factory sub-floor ballast, stern thruster option available, new design to the driver's seat (it looks straight out of the 80s compared to the Nautiques and Malibus), it needs to have the cutout on the sides where you can swing your leg out. I wish they would bring back the in-floor cooler. This is the main reason I keep my 2018, it is the best thing ever to not have to ask people to get up to get a drink. I understand they did it for weight purposes, but there has to be a way around it...Nautiques in-floor cooler is an even better design if they want to steal their idea.

MJHSupra
06-22-2020, 04:49 PM
I bet the SR is next on the list, just on this year. It needs to be like a mini-SL.

SL has been a good model since they started with the sub floor ballast on that model, so it would probably follow the SR.

KnoxMojo
06-22-2020, 04:57 PM
I bet the SR is next on the list, just on this year. It needs to be like a mini-SL.

SL has been a good model since they started with the sub floor ballast on that model, so it would probably follow the SR.

I have heard no new SR this year, but all models getting some pretty cool updates. Not going into that on here though. lol

larry_arizona
06-22-2020, 07:18 PM
Not sure how secret this all is, sounds like 21’s can be ordered and production starts in 2 weeks.

Thruster integration sounds awesome, but not cheap.

KnoxMojo
06-22-2020, 07:46 PM
Not sure how secret this all is, sounds like 21’s can be ordered and production starts in 2 weeks.

Thruster integration sounds awesome, but not cheap.

The dealer will tell you if truly interested and they are sold out of the 20s, like our dealer, but they ask that it not be public info as many dealers still have inventory to move.

MJHSupra
06-22-2020, 10:56 PM
Usually more info starts leaking out around the time of the dealer meeting.

Not sure if they are having/not having that meeting with the Rona this summer and people not looking to travel.

Price increases for 2021 will also be talked about for both lines.

AdamUCF
06-22-2020, 11:45 PM
Dealer sent me a build sheet for a '21 Moomba. Spray date in July. Price up about $1000 over '20 model.

ejj
06-23-2020, 10:12 PM
I’d expect Moomba to come out with some sort of Mondo replacement. The Helix and Max as the entry line, they are missing the smaller premium-Moomba boat. Maybe a 20 foot Kaiyen.

996scott
06-23-2020, 11:45 PM
was at my dealer last week and he said that the 2021 info should be coming out middle to late July. We were talking about ordering a Craz and he said that the msrp was going to go up about $500 more or less. I don't know if he was speaking about across the board on all models or just the Craz. He said they are now making a lot of options as standard like Gatorstep, wakeboard racks, and a few others i can't recall now. He said if i was ready to order i could order i could probably get Aug build slot and have it delivered in Sept. He said i could get "boat show pricing and incentives". We will see what that entails.

larry_arizona
06-24-2020, 10:12 AM
Anyone have pics of the new captains seat in the 21 Supras?

MJHSupra
06-24-2020, 01:51 PM
Someone on Facebook was showing their new 2021 BU. It will be soon for SC . . . . .

RC_Hinojosa
06-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Yes, the chair is different as is the flooring....

sandm
06-24-2020, 02:48 PM
wayyyyy tooooo much blue going on. my .02 we would never check off those boxes.

chair looks very nice. and $$$$

larry_arizona
06-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Love love love that blue, captain chair a big upgrade.

I could see adding more black to the interior

RC_Hinojosa
06-24-2020, 02:53 PM
I think it's the wrong shade of blue....too light, almost powder blue.

I'd rather see a more Aqua or Caribbean blue.

I really like Nautique's Reef blue....something along those lines, less Smurfy.

larry_arizona
06-24-2020, 03:04 PM
I like picking interiors that people hate lol.

First had peanutbutter interior that people hate, now looking at a blue interior that people hate.

Works for me.

larry_arizona
06-24-2020, 03:08 PM
Windshield is updated, throttle updated. That looks like an SR in as it’s shortseated or an SA pic that is distorted.

sandm
06-24-2020, 03:40 PM
less Smurfy.

now that's funny!!!!! :)

well, those pics didn't last long on here. bet someone got their hand slapped.....

Aj750r
06-24-2020, 04:27 PM
I thought I was going nuts trying to figure out what you were all commenting on! Looks like i missed it

RB56
06-24-2020, 05:10 PM
now that's funny!!!!! :)

well, those pics didn't last long on here. bet someone got their hand slapped.....

Was just about to ask what yall had seen and if they got taken down lol

996scott
06-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Windshield is updated, throttle updated. That looks like an SR in as it’s shortseated or an SA pic that is distorted.

yea, my dealer mentioned the windshield will be new as well. He said that it wasn't "frameless" but that the frame was thinner and not as noticeable.

Precious Roy
06-24-2020, 10:14 PM
my dealer just told me that he has heard the helix will be discontinued and they are bringing back the mondo. anyone else here this?

MJHSupra
06-24-2020, 10:16 PM

Someone is on the bad list now.

Maryville TN is watching.

DNIXD99
06-25-2020, 02:18 AM
I thought yall were messing with me when I read this earlier. I went through every page looking for pics LOL. I see what happened now LOL

larry_arizona
06-25-2020, 07:53 AM
After looking at the windshield frame more, it looks the same, but they looked to have blocked off the small LED glass at the rear edge.

The shift knob and arm are different, looks like the knob might twist for thruster control. But not sure upper 4 figures near 5 figures for that option is going to sell.

That blue looks very different in person, just in the pictures it’s all about lighting, polarizing, yes, but looks amazing.

That floor looks to be same 3D design as PWT boat, gatorstep is a nice upgrade.

Some other small tweaks to interior add convenience and returns a fan favorite from 2018.

Prospersigman
06-25-2020, 08:12 AM
Fan favorite from 2018...whatever could it be???

Isaguel
06-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Freakin'A, just got into a new SL and you guys come up with all this new S***. Haven't even made the first payment yet! If they change the SL substantially for '21, I'll be :(

Prospersigman
06-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Freakin'A, just got into a new SL and you guys come up with all this new S***. Haven't even made the first payment yet! If they change the SL substantially for '21, I'll be :(

Unfortunately, Supra makes so many changes every year that buying a Supra is like buying a new laptop or phone, the minute you get it home it is outdated. Nautique, Malibu, and the others don't seem to make as many year to year changes as Supra does.

Isaguel
06-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately, Supra makes so many changes every year that buying a Supra is like buying a new laptop or phone, the minute you get it home it is outdated. Nautique, Malibu, and the others don't seem to make as many year to year changes as Supra does.

I suppose that could be a good thing. Frequent iterative improvements is how you get to lead the pack. I'm not really worried. The SL is a great boat and I would like to see what they come up next.

haknslash
07-08-2020, 02:24 PM
Friend of mine just put in an order for a 2021 Max and one of the new options is something I’ve wanted since getting the Max. Not surprising they added it but wished it came on the 2019’s lol.

sandm
07-08-2020, 03:01 PM
my dealer just told me that he has heard the helix will be discontinued and they are bringing back the mondo. anyone else here this?

2021 mondo's are on a few dealer websites as we have been shopping so yes, mondo looks to be back.

jason1973
07-08-2020, 03:05 PM
I bet either the craze or mojo or both will be discountinued and replaced with the Makai/Kaiyen style boat.

sandm
07-08-2020, 04:58 PM
skiers looks to have a pretty good spread of boats, sizes and factory/options right now.

I could see them combining the craz/mojo as they are very similar in size and scope with the mondo being the 20ft'er and craz/mojo being the 22 or 23ft'er.
max is the big boy of the value boats and kaiyen/makai are the higher premium offerings.

pretty well rounded stable right now.

jazzvancouver
07-08-2020, 08:36 PM
My dealer told me the Craz was #1/#2 in sales volume so I doubt they'll discontinue. I can't remember what the other one was (Max maybe?).

mgswake
07-08-2020, 09:09 PM
Friend of mine just put in an order for a 2021 Max and one of the new options is something I’ve wanted since getting the Max. Not surprising they added it but wished it came on the 2019’s lol.

Any chance it’s a transom walk through? I liked the Max interior over the kaiyen, but I want a walk through transom

schwan
07-08-2020, 10:22 PM
I would be surprised if they don't do a 23' Makai style boat. I have a 16 mojo and am waiting for that to come out to upgrade. For a lot of families 23' is just the right size, and not all of us want to spend the $$$ on a supra.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

haknslash
07-09-2020, 12:05 AM
Any chance it’s a transom walk through? I liked the Max interior over the kaiyen, but I want a walk through transom

Nah it wasn't a walk through. They still come with gatorstep pad.

DNIXD99
07-09-2020, 01:22 AM
Nah it wasn't a walk through. They still come with gatorstep pad.

Well then what was it????? Why you being so secretive lol

mgswake
07-09-2020, 05:39 AM
Well then what was it????? Why you being so secretive lol

Most of the time, people get information from dealers and are asked not to share until it is public.

Nautique released their 2021 lineup this week. Hopefully, SC will give us some information on their 2021’s soon!!

RC_Hinojosa
07-09-2020, 06:17 AM
Most of the time, people get information from dealers and are asked not to share until it is public.

Nautique released their 2021 lineup this week. Hopefully, SC will give us some information on their 2021’s soon!!The new Gs have the Paragon hull and look pretty sweet minus the $180k MSRP

[emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

larry_arizona
07-09-2020, 08:11 AM
The new Gs have the Paragon hull and look pretty sweet minus the $180k MSRP

The G23 tower is getting dated. Just not a tower you would expect on a $180k+ boat.

But the new G23 otherwise is awesome

mgswake
07-09-2020, 08:22 AM
The new Gs have the Paragon hull and look pretty sweet minus the $180k MSRP

I wonder if more companies will start doing this. I'm not to familiar with supra boats, but what if SC used the SA, SL, or other Supra hulls and used the Moomba top deck and components. That would make for some pretty interesting boats. Moomba features and value with Supra hulls.

RC_Hinojosa
07-09-2020, 08:43 AM
The G23 tower is getting dated. Just not a tower you would expect on a $180k+ boat.

But the new G23 otherwise is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgreed, the boat is so edgy and faceted, the tower looks dated.

The tower doesn't even come power actuated standard on a $180k boat, it's an option!

larry_arizona
07-09-2020, 09:15 AM
The FXONE tower is a huge Supra advantage.

Best looking tower in the market.

chinook
07-09-2020, 10:43 PM
i have a 2021 Mondo being built.
i ordered it all on word of mouth from my dealer!
as i understand it, it's a 20' version of the Kaiyen.

mgswake
07-10-2020, 09:44 AM
i have a 2021 Mondo being built.
i ordered it all on word of mouth from my dealer!
as i understand it, it's a 20' version of the Kaiyen.

Congrats on the new boat, that's sick!! When will you take delivery? Cant wait to see some pics.

larry_arizona
07-10-2020, 10:52 AM
So mondo is all new for 21?

chinook
07-10-2020, 01:15 PM
So mondo is all new for 21?

i just heard 3700lb stock ballast with a new hull design, similar to Kaiyen.
they happened to be bringing one in late August in a color i like, so i grabbed it.

hopefully the expected timing holds

Prospersigman
07-10-2020, 02:31 PM
The FXONE tower is a huge Supra advantage.

Best looking tower in the market.

I am a Skiers Choice fanboy, specifically Supra, but the FX One tower is a rattling mess in my opinion. It looks great but it is not nearly as solid as the Nautiques tower and bimini. Mine has come loose twice from the sides of the gunnel on the starboard side and it is the hardest f'ing bimini top out of all the boat manufacturers to deploy and un-deploy. It rattles and sways it's arse off if you have any rough water and are doing 20mph or more with boards in the clamps. Oh and lets not forget that my bimini has torn two times on the rear corners where you have two sliding bars for the rear portion of the bimini that you have to extend out to lock them in.

larry_arizona
07-10-2020, 02:45 PM
I am a Skiers Choice fanboy, specifically Supra, but the FX One tower is a rattling mess in my opinion. It looks great but it is not nearly as solid as the Nautiques tower and bimini. Mine has come loose twice from the sides of the gunnel on the starboard side and it is the hardest f'ing bimini top out of all the boat manufacturers to deploy and un-deploy. It rattles and sways it's arse off if you have any rough water and are doing 20mph or more with boards in the clamps. Oh and lets not forget that my bimini has torn two times on the rear corners where you have two sliding bars for the rear portion of the bimini that you have to extend out to lock them in.

Mine has been rock solid, the Bimini isn’t hard to deploy, but is tricky to stow.

The 2020+ Bimini has a lock so that you don’t have to put the cover on all the time.

The cover can be a 2 person job.

trace
07-10-2020, 04:47 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Larry on the tower. Mine is/has been rock solid.

I don't have any trouble deploying and stowing the bimini, but maybe I'm a freak in that regard. My last boat was a Tige with the Alpha-Z tower, now that bimini was hard to deploy and stow. It was bad enough, the Tige forum had a member make an instructional video they passed around, if you weren't careful with your sequence you could literally drop the forward support arms in the lake.

On the FXOne bimini, I don't ever use the bimini boot it is a pain in the ass. We always have our bimini deployed, so when folding the tower and putting the cover on, I just use a pair of bungees to keep the bimini from trashing the windshield.

larry_arizona
07-10-2020, 05:53 PM
Rode on the 2019 PWT boat, all that boat did was pull pro wake boarders all day everyday at 23 mph. It was solid.

haknslash
07-10-2020, 05:57 PM
Will be interesting to see Mondo.

ejj
07-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Will be interesting to see Mondo.

Last winter a dealer told me it was essentially a mini-Kaiyen. So imagine most of the same build details, similar width, just chopped. Pricing it’d imagine the Kaiyen minus 5-7k.

Isaguel
07-13-2020, 09:04 AM
Mini-Kaiyen? I like the Kaiyen, but at 21.5 ft it already occupies a spot in the condensed size spot for Moomba. Why make it smaller when you already have the 20.5 ft Helix. ? It seems like diluting the brand too much when you have too many boats competing against each other within a particular size bracket. It reminds me of GM making all kinds of cars with same features and size and same parts and just different branding. Look how that turned out. A whole bunch of crappy cars.
SC has the competent Helix already at 20'5". Why not just offer upgraded tower and upholstry options to get it up to the Kaiyen level? Within SC they already have Moomba and Supra which do compete, Moomba being their "affordable entry" line. You shouldn't have so many boats of similar size within the same line. I think Moomba has too many boats already and they could be condensed to ensure they always put out a high quality product.

larry_arizona
07-13-2020, 09:22 AM
I could see the return of the mondo and retiring the helix.

6 boat models can work for Moomba.

But unless there is a 21 foot lake restriction market, I see no point in a 20.5 and a 21.5 variant of the same boat.

sandm
07-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Why not just offer upgraded tower and upholstry options to get it up to Kaiyen level

tige did this for 1.5 years. had the z1/z3 and r21/r23. same hulls just difference in trims. killed off z series and you could get r series optioned up to z interiors etc..
it didn't last. most orders rolled off the line as a base r, not the upgraded z. now only running this for 1.5 years may have been by design or a marketing plan gone wrong but either way it didn't last.

I'm with ya in that I don't get bringing back the mondo AND keeping the helix. I don't get a sense the sub21ft boat market is where the monies are at. as we have shopped for a new whip I have ran across a shortage of 22-23ft boats but if you look around there are still 2019 new supra sr's and tige rzx20's and in this market that tells me sub21's are still not the desirable size(found 2 examples- 1 from each with discounts from 40-50k).
some dealers leave up their boats they ordered this year on the website and simply put a sold tag on them. shows what they are selling over the course of the season and it's not helix boats. majority seem to be max, craz and mojo's.
22-24ft seems to be the sweet spot for boats and as a builder I would think focusing in this spot for most models and include 1 sub21 and 1 larger than 24 would be a good portfolio of products.
6 would be the max I would think skiers would want from each line and think 5 is the ideal.

mgswake
07-13-2020, 11:50 AM
I like the Kaiyen, but I would go with a 1-1.5 foot longer version at 22.5-23'. I like the walk through transom and the wide beam. The one thing I didn't like was the bow felt short when I sat in one. Otherwise, it was a beautiful boat with lots of awesome features. I think a 20' version could feel even more shortened. Just my two cents.

sandm
07-13-2020, 12:20 PM
mgs, I agree 100% on the bow being a little on the smallish side. one I sat in was designed for kids or adults under 5'6".
when i look at who has ever used our bow in OUR 13 years of boating, it's usually kids or gf/wives. what they did makes sense in the kaiyen. now translate that to a boat that is shorter would be interesting.

moomba got it right for most occupants on the kaiyen imo. for a 21.5ft boat it felt right. have to see a mondo before passing judgement on that one.

TheYachtGroup
07-13-2020, 01:22 PM
These ezDRIVE Sternthrusters seem to be great options for the Moomba and Supra lines! They've been installed on a variety of models and seem to have great customer feedback. See the links below for more details.

SUPRA:
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/supra-22-2008-mockup/
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/supra-lsv/

MOOMBA:
https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/install_photos/moomba-makai-2020/

larry_arizona
07-13-2020, 01:27 PM
These ezDRIVE Sternthrusters seem to be great options for the Moomba and Supra lines! They've been installed on a variety of models and seem to have great customer feedback. See the links below for more details.

SUPRA:

MOOMBA:

Are you the owner of this company?

I think Yacht Group owns EZdrive

korey
07-13-2020, 01:49 PM
I would be surprised if they don't do a 23' Makai style boat. I have a 16 mojo and am waiting for that to come out to upgrade. For a lot of families 23' is just the right size, and not all of us want to spend the $$$ on a supra.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

This is the boat that I want!

GregInAtlanta
07-13-2020, 05:19 PM
This is the boat that I want!

Completely agree with the earlier comments about the Kaiyen. It looks like the perfect boat for our family except for the size of the bow area. My wife and kids like spending their time up front in our 2013 LSV and the Kaiyen felt like it had considerably less room (wide, but too short).

I'm hoping they come up with a 23' option between the Makai and Kaiyen that adds space in the bow. That would be our next boat!

mgswake
07-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Completely agree with the earlier comments about the Kaiyen. It looks like the perfect boat for our family except for the size of the bow area. My wife and kids like spending their time up front in our 2013 LSV and the Kaiyen felt like it had considerably less room (wide, but too short).

I'm hoping they come up with a 23' option between the Makai and Kaiyen that adds space in the bow. That would be our next boat!

That would be a sweet boat!!! I want bigger than the Kaiyen, but makai at 24.5 is just a bit big for my needs. I am 75,20,5 wake, ski, surf.

Precious Roy
07-13-2020, 08:21 PM
I could see the return of the mondo and retiring the helix.

6 boat models can work for Moomba.

But unless there is a 21 foot lake restriction market, I see no point in a 20.5 and a 21.5 variant of the same boat.

I heard the helix will not return

ejj
07-13-2020, 08:54 PM
I heard the helix will not return

Dealer told me the same thing. It wasn’t a huge seller the last few years. The new Mondo will be 20 feet.

Starrski
07-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Dealer told me the same thing. It wasn’t a huge seller the last few years. The new Mondo will be 20 feet.

It would be nice if they came out with a 20 footer that would surf and slalom well. My friends and family seem to surf and ski a lot but not wakeboard as much as we used to. I’m starting to rack up some hrs on my 2011 OBV and have no idea what I’d replace it with. If they’re going to release a new 20 footer they might as well make it crossover worthy as the only reason I wouldn’t just go to a big surf only oriented Boat is that we all still enjoy ripping a slalom ski on a glassy morning or eve. Seems like malibu and nautique still recognize that niche but SC has ignored it.

Sinned72
07-14-2020, 02:52 AM

SUPRA:

MOOMBA:

Installing voids hull warranty. FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ejj
07-14-2020, 08:26 AM
It would be nice if they came out with a 20 footer that would surf and slalom well. My friends and family seem to surf and ski a lot but not wakeboard as much as we used to. I’m starting to rack up some hrs on my 2011 OBV and have no idea what I’d replace it with. If they’re going to release a new 20 footer they might as well make it crossover worthy as the only reason I wouldn’t just go to a big surf only oriented Boat is that we all still enjoy ripping a slalom ski on a glassy morning or eve. Seems like malibu and nautique still recognize that niche but SC has ignored it.

That is exactly what we are looking for too. We ski in the morning and evening. We’d like to surf after lunch when the chop and wind are up.

Skiing and surfing are on the opposite ends of boat-abilities though—so it’s tough to get something that will do both moderately well. With 3700lbs ballast the new Mondo should have decent surfing, but likely a smaller pocket that comes with a shorter boat. I’m not hoping to compete with a ski boat for wake—but hopefully something that won’t kill people at 28mph.

RC_Hinojosa
07-15-2020, 07:43 AM
I think someone was on here complaining about the FX One tower rattling....

Here's a quick writeup on how to address the issue without a dealer trip:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178634249208729/permalink/958843047854508/

larry_arizona
07-15-2020, 08:30 AM
For those of us who don’t Facebook, can someone please copy paste the fxone procedure here?

RC_Hinojosa
07-15-2020, 09:01 AM
For those of us who don’t Facebook, can someone please copy paste the fxone procedure here?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy bad Kent...

"2018 and up Supra owners, if you think your FX1 tower is a bit rattling or moving, here's how to fix it without taking it in... my dealer called to walk me through how to do it on my lift....very easy, 10 minute - 1 beer job. 3/16 hex bit, 3/4 wrench, 4 screws a side, then 3 nuts to tighten per side. Don't let the panel fall."

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/8e7c8053de5cf441a0d38a95175d77f6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200715/ba79cbf379f5341ed4537237a3a147d1.jpg

larry_arizona
07-15-2020, 09:21 AM
Thanks RC!!

larry_arizona
07-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Literally just checked both sides on mine and tight as can be.

15 min or less to check.

MJHSupra
07-15-2020, 01:40 PM
KnoxMojo on the good Fbook post on the tower procedure!

sandm
07-15-2020, 02:02 PM
kudos for skiers choice for a part on a boat that is (1) easy to get to and (2) easy to tighten.....

Prospersigman
07-15-2020, 03:24 PM
That person would have been me...I guess you could call it complaining, but more so was my experience with the FX One tower over the past 2 1/2 summers. I'll check mine again because it still rattles even after it was in the shop for coming loose at the base and moving about 1/2" side to side. And before anyone asks I don't pull tubers from my boat period, so its not from pulling tubes...we surf only.

I think someone was on here complaining about the FX One tower rattling....

Here's a quick writeup on how to address the issue without a dealer trip:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178634249208729/permalink/958843047854508/

KnoxMojo
07-15-2020, 03:26 PM
KnoxMojo on the good Fbook post on the tower procedure!

I get lucky sometimes, lol

KnoxMojo
07-15-2020, 03:44 PM
That person would have been me...I guess you could call it complaining, but more so was my experience with the FX One tower over the past 2 1/2 summers. I'll check mine again because it still rattles even after it was in the shop for coming loose at the base and moving about 1/2" side to side. And before anyone asks I don't pull tubers from my boat period, so its not from pulling tubes...we surf only.

Besides mine coming loose some, it's been rock solid for over 2 seasons

larry_arizona
07-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Mine is still tight and pulling a 180# wake boarder is using it I think.

Granted, 3 seasons and only 100 hours.

It appears the mounting bolts use a split ring lock washer and a dome style lock washer.

jazzvancouver
07-15-2020, 04:12 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting any further information on the 2021 Moomba lineup? I'm interested in a Craz assuming the price doesn't get jacked up this year.

Thanks!

larry_arizona
07-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting any further information on the 2021 Moomba lineup? I'm interested in a Craz assuming the price doesn't get jacked up this year.

Thanks!

Technically SC increases their boats every year. But sometimes you get more content.

I would expect 1-3% price increase.

sandm
07-15-2020, 04:36 PM
jazz, reach out to 996scott. he is working a deal on a craz and can talk thru any changes that they discussed until moomba releases the official word.

chester
07-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Full disclosure, I have not been in any new boats or built any online.

Does anyone with a kaiyen or Makai take issue with the Reduced rear sun deck space? Don’t get me wrong I think the walk through to avoid stepping on vinyl makes sense, but will they make a filler like the Supra has?

Are air damns helpful? I’ve seen them in other brand boats.

Also I apologize for any errors, wrote this on my phone.

larry_arizona
07-19-2020, 02:15 PM
While SC keeps us in suspense, the all new 2021 bu 23LSV looks nice. New G10 tower comes with water cool misting system that reduces under Bimini temps 25f.

sandm
07-19-2020, 02:52 PM
that tower mister system is kinda cool. could be retro'ed on a boat for not a lot of coin I would think. just a pump strong enough to build up the pressure to create the mist. and a GOOD filter system to keep the lake crap sucked up from plugging it all up.

that said, seems they are several years late to the walkover on the transom. interior speakers look larger than 6.5. nice upgrade.
bow looks super small compared. that would not bother us but for those that regularly have adults in the bow, it looks on the small side in a 23ft boat.
otherwise I'm sure the fit/finish is right on par for an axis :)

larry_arizona
07-19-2020, 02:59 PM
Marine mist systems with a 6 gallon tank of fresh water is about $500,

Would be slick to cool off boards in the rack.

4 nozzles would run 2 gallons per hour if run continuously.

Technically you could run lake water, but it could foul the system.

I could see a hook up to your cooler so as your ice melts you could use the water.

2in2out
07-20-2020, 03:49 PM
To late for 2021, but 2022, power or manual folding swim deck to allow for working on the rear of boat and for storage.

Also, solar trickle charge for battery maintenance, or to power stereo when out floating.

I haven’t even seen the new supras and moombas in person, but have been studying them for 2 years. I can’t think of much more the boats need besides an ice maker and cocktail bar.

sandm
07-20-2020, 04:32 PM
2in-
not sure of the swim deck idea? you can remove 95% of swimdecks on boats if you need to but still leaves the wakeplate and any surf tabs sticking out the back. on some boats surf tabs hang back as far as the swimdeck so as surf systems become more the norm not sure a removable swimdeck will garner any storage improvements without also touching the surf tabs.

solar chargers were tried by yamaha a few years ago. imo adding another deep cycle if you need that much stereo play time is both easier to manage and likely cheaper than factory installed solar panels. we had a 2nd deep cycle wired in(total was under 2 bills) and could run for almost a full day at the sandbar with no issues. plug the boat in at night and ready to go again next day. solar adds another layer of cost and complication to the tower and something else to break when folding it down.

now an icemaker?? that's a great idea.

larry_arizona
07-20-2020, 06:41 PM
I have run my audio system 2 hours at the sand bar without killing the battery yet.....

How long should I be able to run it before killing a battery?

Running interstate dual purpose battery with 200 min reserve capacity @25 amps.

larry_arizona
07-20-2020, 07:03 PM
Correction interstate deep cycle 160min RC@25 amps.

larry_arizona
09-01-2020, 08:42 AM
When are the Supra and moomba online builders going live?

MJHSupra
09-01-2020, 08:46 AM
When are the Supra and moomba online builders going live?

People on social media are also asking the same thing. They sound frustrated b/c there can be confusion on the options by some dealers to customers. Question gets asked at least 1x per week.

Comments from Drew are "they are working on it . . . soon".

larry_arizona
09-01-2020, 08:56 AM
My dealer has been great at showing what’s new and there is more NEW coming on the 21 Supra.

The only thing I can’t do is see my interior build.

Last year it was October before the builders went live.

Prospersigman
09-01-2020, 10:31 AM
It has to be that whoever is doing their website/build tool is not able to keep up and get it going live. Pretty frustrating when every other boat manufacturer has announced their new models/features and has the build tool up and live already...this is way beyond showing up to the party stylishly late!

larry_arizona
09-01-2020, 12:10 PM
I just can’t imagine people ordering boats blind, even the dealer boats. You can kinda get the gist using the 2020 builder, but with new exterior, interior and flooring options, you lose a lot without the builder.

ejj
09-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Yep--with the large amounts of money being spent, I'm not likely to order anything without seeing something.

sandm
09-01-2020, 05:01 PM
and yet everyone is saying the build slots are filling up quickly for 2021 so looks like some are putting monies down without seeing it completed.

customers are the ones that need/want to see the build site up. dealers, unless new, likely already know what options sell and what colors are the most popular for shop builds and since I would assume they get stuff from the dealers "meetings" or skype/emails in this day and age, they know what to order.

not saying it's right or wrong but skiers has been late to the party almost every year so it should come as no surprise.

larry_arizona
09-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Dealers have pictures of 21’s that have been built to show customers and let me tell you, some hideous boats have been built already.

I blame some of that on questionable tastes, but most of it is guessing what a boat might look like.

There is a new blue solid gelcoat and two blue vinyl colors, chrome letters gone, white letter option added, 9-10 flooring color variants, need to see these on the builder.

Let me throw one out I saw.

Pacific blue and copper rush.....I rest my case.

sandm
09-01-2020, 06:46 PM
I blame some of that on questionable tastes,

come on. dealers know exactly what to order.....

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/filedata/fetch?id=573451&d=1544557328&type=large

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/filedata/fetch?id=553505&d=1524695044&type=large

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/filedata/fetch?id=553548&d=1524713820&type=large

sandm
09-01-2020, 06:49 PM
not sure i'd pick this color combo either but to each their own. it's on onlyinboards and betting it'll be a challenging sale.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Themes/OIB/BoatPhoto/2020/8/21088599.jpeg

gtsum2
09-01-2020, 07:09 PM
There is a skittles colored nautique at our lake (similar time the MC posted above). It actually isn’t as bad looking on the water as the picture would lead you to believe....but still hard to believe someone would buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2in2out
09-01-2020, 08:15 PM
If all the build spots are gone when SC gets the builder up, it indicates a terrible marketing strategy. I understand the complexities of getting the builder up, especially when changes are being made mid-production, but at least put up the color and pattern swatches.

The 2020 I’m hoping to buy isn’t colors I would have picked myself, but when I saw it I said “Dang! That’s a good looking boat”. We’ve been sucked in to metal flake.

Some of the last of 2020 and 2019 dealer inventory were pretty sad, but somebody out there were able to stomach them.

dakota4ce
09-01-2020, 08:24 PM
If all the build spots are gone when SC gets the builder up, it indicates a terrible marketing strategy. I understand the complexities of getting the builder up, especially when changes are being made mid-production, but at least put up the color and pattern swatches.

The 2020 I’m hoping to buy isn’t colors I would have picked myself, but when I saw it I said “Dang! That’s a good looking boat”. We’ve been sucked in to metal flake.

Some of the last of 2020 and 2019 dealer inventory were pretty sad, but somebody out there were able to stomach them.

People like to gripe. A tale as old as time.

It is what it is.

Isaguel
09-01-2020, 11:40 PM
come on. dealers know exactly what to order.....

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/filedata/fetch?id=553548&d=1524713820&type=large

Okay, wait, now the batman one is pretty cool.!:cool:

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Okay, wait, now the batman one is pretty cool.!:cool:

Batman decal needs to be towards the rear on the black gelcoat

Cody
09-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Crazy this was the other idea I had about 3 years ago.... missed opportunities.

While SC keeps us in suspense, the all new 2021 bu 23LSV looks nice. New G10 tower comes with water cool misting system that reduces under Bimini temps 25f.

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Crazy this was the other idea I had about 3 years ago.... missed opportunities.

This has been in the boat world many years. Just Malibu is first to use on the wakeboat market.

RC_Hinojosa
09-02-2020, 01:21 PM
So the new Mondo dropped...

I was told the new Mojo will look very similar....

My dealer is out of build slots until the spring.

https://vimeo.com/441435051

sandm
09-02-2020, 02:03 PM
My dealer is out of build slots until the spring.

crazy and shows that boat builders are a nice to have, not a need to have.

of course you can put a deposit down and build actual colors later.

good news for skiers!!

MJHSupra
09-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Dealers have pictures of 21’s that have been built to show customers and let me tell you, some hideous boats have been built already.

I blame some of that on questionable tastes, but most of it is guessing what a boat might look like.

There is a new blue solid gelcoat and two blue vinyl colors, chrome letters gone, white letter option added, 9-10 flooring color variants, need to see these on the builder.

Let me throw one out I saw.

Pacific blue and copper rush.....I rest my case.

What blue is this?

MJHSupra
09-02-2020, 03:07 PM
good news for skiers!!

This year is the earliest I heard about being sold out of current models.

Wait until the boat show people (early Q1 of 2021) find out no more build slots and they will be putting deposits down on 2022s

Good to be SC!

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 03:20 PM
What blue is this?

Pacific.......that is the boat I described above.......yikes

dakota4ce
09-02-2020, 03:21 PM
There will be same year used boats for sale like cordwood.

Have seen a good crop of Centurions and ATX lately. 2020 stuff, low hours.

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 03:26 PM
crazy and shows that boat builders are a nice to have, not a need to have.

of course you can put a deposit down and build actual colors later.

good news for skiers!!

I can adjust my order until end of October.

sandm
09-02-2020, 03:51 PM
There will be same year used boats for sale like cordwood.
Have seen a good crop of Centurions and ATX lately. 2020 stuff, low hours.

onlyinboards is trending up but seems to be a lot of mc/bu/axis 2021's showing up that likely are not delivered yet.
centurion is interesting. I get a sense there's a lot of guys that get the "discount" and sell end of the season. I know harold hemming was big into this and wondering if others have figured it out. atx could be noobs that either decide boating is not for them or it is for them and deciding to get into a higher tier boat?

that blue/gold setup has gotta be a quarter-mil easy... blue isn't bad.

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 04:18 PM
onlyinboards is trending up but seems to be a lot of mc/bu/axis 2021's showing up that likely are not delivered yet.
centurion is interesting. I get a sense there's a lot of guys that get the "discount" and sell end of the season. I know harold hemming was big into this and wondering if others have figured it out. atx could be noobs that either decide boating is not for them or it is for them and deciding to get into a higher tier boat?

that blue/gold setup has gotta be a quarter-mil easy... blue isn't bad.

Including the truck?

Mobius22
09-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Pacific.......that is the boat I described above.......yikes

That is the new Oxford blue, not pacific, just to clarify. It's more of a Navy in person.

sandm
09-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Including the truck?

ya. real world pricing NOT msrp. sure msrp is well north of 300. but lets be real. msrp's on some surf boats are just like ford/chevy/dodge. figure 20% off before you even start talking deals.

larry_arizona
09-02-2020, 05:23 PM
That is the new Oxford blue, not pacific, just to clarify. It's more of a Navy in person.

Thanks for the clarification, can you post any comparisons of Oxford vs Pacific before the builder goes live?

I actually like that Oxford if it’s really that bright in person.

MJHSupra
09-02-2020, 10:39 PM
That is the new Oxford blue, not pacific, just to clarify. It's more of a Navy in person.Thanks Drew. I thought it was a new color. It was drawing some attention on Norris last Saturday.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

ejj
09-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Can anyone confirm that Flow 3.0 is not available on the 2021 Mondo?

Mobius22
09-03-2020, 10:38 AM
2.0 only on Mondo. It throws down, definitely demo one if you're curious

chinook
09-19-2020, 12:34 AM
2021 Mondo....don't need the Flow 3.0 on 20' hull.
2.0 seems plenty good. if it will stay warm i'll have proper surf pics next week.
so far impressed. much longer surf pocket. based upon rope length the pocket is at least 2' longer and perhaps 10" higher than prior Mondo.
just breaking in the engine but water temps are getting cold fast.

dakota4ce
09-19-2020, 09:54 AM
Very handsome boat!

Isaguel
09-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Very nice. Moomba did a great job with the Mondo this year. Looks spacious for a 20 ft boat. 3700lbs ballast should put out a nice wave. My Mojo in '15 only had 2500lbs in the "surf" version. Didn't surf worth a damn. Good to see Moomba is equipping these new boats with the proper ballast so they surf out the box, as it should be, they're surf boats after all.

Sup95ra
09-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Love the paint scheme on the Mondo!