PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Outback V

lawhog84
06-18-2020, 10:06 AM
Mates,

Few questions. Just bought an '08 Outback V. I realize it's not one of the expensive fancy new Moomba's but after some research I thought it was a good starter boat to get me into it and I feel I got a pretty good deal on it. Drove well and for the most part is in sound condition. However there are little things I'm updating and I can't find parts anywhere. There's also not a local dealer around me so that complicates things for parts as well.

Here's what I'm needing help on:

1. Fresh air intake covers. Anyone know where to find these replacements?
2. Fresh air intake hose is disconnected inside the storage compartment where the battery is located, Can I just screw this thing back in or is there a seal that needs to be put between the hose and where it connects to the hole?
3. Hour gauge and depth finder LCD is burning out, where the hell can I find replacements and how hard are they to replace?
4. The ballast pumps are new, pursuant to the previous owner, however, having problems getting them completely empty. Will they empty while on the trailer or does it have to be in the water?

I know that's a lot of questions, but this group seems to be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Turbinesurgeon
06-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Mates,

Few questions. Just bought an '08 Outback V. I realize it's not one of the expensive fancy new Moomba's but after some research I thought it was a good starter boat to get me into it and I feel I got a pretty good deal on it. Drove well and for the most part is in sound condition. However there are little things I'm updating and I can't find parts anywhere. There's also not a local dealer around me so that complicates things for parts as well.

Here's what I'm needing help on:

1. Fresh air intake covers. Anyone know where to find these replacements?
2. Fresh air intake hose is disconnected inside the storage compartment where the battery is located, Can I just screw this thing back in or is there a seal that needs to be put between the hose and where it connects to the hole?
3. Hour gauge and depth finder LCD is burning out, where the hell can I find replacements and how hard are they to replace?
4. The ballast pumps are new, pursuant to the previous owner, however, having problems getting them completely empty. Will they empty while on the trailer or does it have to be in the water?

I know that's a lot of questions, but this group seems to be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

I’ll take a crack at it.

1. Not sure these are the ones you need but Greatlakes skipper seems to have most obsolete parts.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/moomba-101440-umc-31-brushed-stainless-steel-marine-boat-bow-vent-covers-plates-set-of-2

2. I believe you can just hook up the hose. Not aware of a seal but I could be wrong.

3. Make sure if there is a dimmer function try that first before swapping out the gauge. Again greatlakes skipper would be another resource to find that part.

4. I would never trailer a boat that had full or even half ballast since you would exceed the load capacity of the trailer. I carry a tsunami portable pump just in case one of my pumps craps out. Now if you have the aerator style pumps make sure they are mounted low enough to start feeding. Also sometime I have to push on the bag to get them started. If you have the reversible pumps then I would try replacing the impeller as they are a wear item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA LSV
06-18-2020, 12:52 PM
1. Can't help
2. Just connect it back
3. Check for loose 12v or ground wires
4. Run the drain pumps until they stop pumping, then cruise with the wake plate fully raised to point the bow up and run the drain pumps again to fully empty the bags