PDA

View Full Version : A3 vs Pro Tower

AdamUCF
06-16-2020, 06:48 PM
As best I can tell the differences between them is that the Pro tower is shorter (only when folded?) and has the side surf pylons. Are there any other differences? It seems unworthy of the cost differential. Just how much shorter is the Pro tower? The sales guy at the local dealership indicated that the Pro tower might be easier to fold but as far as I can tell they seem the same from that perspective. This is a concern as we have some low bridges that I'd need to fold the tower to get under.

996scott
06-16-2020, 07:13 PM
From what i have read and seen in person at the dealer i don't think there is a lot of difference. You mentioned the 2 (side surf pylons and ability to fold down lower of the Pro). I don't know what the difference in fold down height is though. My guess would be maybe 2 or so inches. The base of the tower that attaches to the boat looks to be "beefier" on the Pro. You can add color accents to both but due to the base being bigger on the Pro there is more color showing. If that makes sense. I'm with you that $4K is a lot for upgrading to the Pro tower for very little in return. If it is a matter of fitting in my garage or not i guess I would get the Pro but otherwise not.

AdamUCF
06-19-2020, 08:48 PM
I think there might be some lighting on the pro that isn't on the A3? Still about $3k of value away from making it worthwhile heh. Unless I'm mistaken about the easy of collapsing, of course.

jnr4817
07-07-2022, 03:45 PM
Old thread but concerning the pro tower and Bimini. It looks like the Bimini arms have 2 foldable points on the pro versus a3. Is there a reason why?

Mobius22
07-08-2022, 10:42 AM
Bimini is larger on pro so the arms needed to be folded in order to avoid hitting the dash when folded