PDA

View Full Version : Max Bag Buster Review

rockymtnsurfer
06-06-2020, 08:13 AM
2019 MAx

Just ordered the upgrade Bag Buster from Wakemakers for my Max. Since its Sunday...and I still have time to cancel.....I thought I would see what people think of this swap out.

Was it worth it? Did it make the wave better than the stock?

I am getting sick of moving weight around and just want to fill and drain and have everything hidden. Wife and kids are getting on me about weight bags....fill bag in boat etc.

So I went ahead and ordered it.

Feedback would be great.....also they had no size specs. Not sure if its going to fill rear compartments Full. and sides full or half way. Hopefully there is some storage left!

Thank you

haknslash
06-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Yes it's worth it. I recently did the upgrade to my Max and wave is night and day better. I couldn't get push in the stock wave and now I have push. Midship locker gets pretty much filled up with just a few inches to spare once bags are filled. The rear lockers have plenty of storage space still left once filled. I was manually filling extra bag last year and it got old quick, so I'm happy to be back to flipping a switch and it fills. I will probably add an overflow vent to the midship bags because they get air in them and you have to manually bleed (I don't care fork the Wakemakers 'vent' caps). Bags filled in about 13 minutes with G6 ballast and drained in about 12 minutes. The upgrade is totally worth it though and glad I finally have it in the boat.

You can see in the beginning of my video how much space is left in the lockers once filled https://youtu.be/VKKOpBDefdw

rockymtnsurfer
06-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Yes it's worth it. I recently did the upgrade to my Max and wave is night and day better. I couldn't get push in the stock wave and now I have push. Midship locker gets pretty much filled up with just a few inches to spare once bags are filled. The rear lockers have plenty of storage space still left once filled. I was manually filling extra bag last year and it got old quick, so I'm happy to be back to flipping a switch and it fills. I will probably add an overflow vent to the midship bags because they get air in them and you have to manually bleed (I don't care fork the Wakemakers 'vent' caps). Bags filled in about 13 minutes with G6 ballast and drained in about 12 minutes. The upgrade is totally worth it though and glad I finally have it in the boat.

You can see in the beginning of my video how much space is left in the lockers once filled https://youtu.be/VKKOpBDefdw

Ok sweet.....first review is a great.....now I am feeling better about the $ :)

DNIXD99
06-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Ive yet to see anyone regret buying it

FamilyMan
06-08-2020, 07:13 PM
for half the cost could also just buy mid ship bags or buy rear bags and move the original rear bags to midship.

DNIXD99
06-08-2020, 10:35 PM
for half the cost could also just buy mid ship bags or buy rear bags and move the original rear bags to midship.

This is true. Im using my stocks for mids. I sold the wavemaker mids. I think the 2020 upgrade package only comes with rears.

htfit
06-13-2020, 07:23 PM
Does anybody have a picture of the new wakemakers 1345lb Max rear bags filled up?

I want to see if there is any room left for storage when they are full.

I am really debating upgrading to the 1345 bags and eliminating the lead in my boat but really hesitant on getting rid of the storage bins.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

haknslash
06-13-2020, 09:56 PM
Does anybody have a picture of the new wakemakers 1345lb Max rear bags filled up?

I want to see if there is any room left for storage when they are full.

I am really debating upgrading to the 1345 bags and eliminating the lead in my boat but really hesitant on getting rid of the storage bins.

Thanks!

Midship

https://i.imgur.com/dN2d7OD.png

Rear

https://i.imgur.com/mql1p5R.png

htfit
06-13-2020, 10:15 PM
Midship

https://i.imgur.com/dN2d7OD.png

Rear

https://i.imgur.com/mql1p5R.pngAwesome! Thank you. Hmmm... I actually think I may be able to keep the storage trays in there.

I was originally thinking the bags went all the way to the top but there is still quite a bit of room.

haknslash
06-13-2020, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure how many inches are left. I need to measure that as you're not the first person who's wondering if the trays still fit. Some people say they do, others say no and then a few say one side fits but not the other. Go figure :D. I am not sure on depth of your trays but we have the Exile ball fenders and I probably have them inflated to 17-18" and they still fit in there with bags full.

htfit
06-14-2020, 06:32 PM
The trays are about 10.5" deep. About the same depth as the center tray over the engine.

I plan on ordering the new 1345lb rear locker bags when they come back in stock at wakemakers and test them out. If I can get an extra 250lbs extra out of each corner and an extra 200lbs each side midship by replacing my 720lb bags with the stock 1000lb bags and keeping my storage trays I will be pretty excited.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200614/757dc488d539d5d5ae3df4f6ad8eb278.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200614/cfe51f18cc959889beccc0963c7857f4.jpg

Bch53211
06-15-2020, 11:46 AM
I recently did the bag buster upgrade for my 2019 Helix. 1030 lb bags replaced the stock 650s. Worth every penny the wave is so much bigger and cleaner. Install was a breeze and bags fit like a glove.

Moombas
09-07-2023, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure how many inches are left. I need to measure that as you're not the first person who's wondering if the trays still fit. Some people say they do, others say no and then a few say one side fits but not the other. Go figure :D. I am not sure on depth of your trays but we have the Exile ball fenders and I probably have them inflated to 17-18" and they still fit in there with bags full.

Did anyone ever figure out if the trays can stay with the 1345 rear or the 1780 rear for the max?

HFarr
09-07-2023, 01:56 PM
Not sure on a max, but definitely a no on the Makai.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

rockymtnsurfer
09-08-2023, 07:18 PM
Did anyone ever figure out if the trays can stay with the 1345 rear or the 1780 rear for the max?

The 1250's for my MAX push them up

Moombas
09-18-2023, 01:36 PM
Thanks!

I ended up returning the trays to the dealer for credit. I installed HRD Locker nets like I had in my last boat so that the bags can still rise all the way. Wakemakers did finally confirm that both options of bags raise high enough to contact the trays. The difference is the 1780 has an extra leg that goes under the seat as well. 30923

haknslash
09-18-2023, 08:43 PM
That bag shape wouldn’t work for my 2019. Do the newer Max’s not have “the hump” between the rear lockers and midship locker?

Moombas
09-18-2023, 09:50 PM
2021+ has sub floor ballast under the side seats. So we have sub floor " mid ship" bags. I believe each side is 500 lbs.

haknslash
09-20-2023, 07:52 AM
Yes I’m aware they added midship bags but wasn’t sure if the hump was removed and fiberglass reshaped.

rockymtnsurfer
09-20-2023, 10:48 AM

Pushes top latch up about a inch or two. Lets you know when your bags are full:)

Moombas
09-20-2023, 11:18 AM
Yes I’m aware they added midship bags but wasn’t sure if the hump was removed and fiberglass reshaped.

No the fiberglass has the step up/notch but the 1745 bags step up from the deep rear locker and go on top of the sub floor that covers the factory 500s