PDA

View Full Version : Wet sounds not playing vocals, also constant buzz

Wakka
06-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,

Complete new guy to marine electrical- well most electrical for that matter. I just recently picked up a new to me Moomba that came with wet sounds on the tower, the audio generally sounds great, but I noticed the other day the tower speakers don’t have vocals only instruments through them, and when they’re on they continuously buzz. I would imagine this has something to do with the wiring. What do you guys think? I’ve attached photos of the wiring for the amp/speakers/sub. Any help would be much appreciated. I can also post more photos if need be.

Thanks!2867928680

The photo with my hand shows the wires coming down through the tower to the amp and their connection points.

MLA
06-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Blown tweeter or cross-over can result in just the mid-bass working. Amp or head unit settings could limit the audio signal to the speaker. Defective amp.

Wakka
06-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Okay, is there a good way to test this to be sure?

MLA
06-07-2020, 06:31 PM
If the amp or head unit low-pass setting is enabled, you would likely not get any vocals. Would could rewire an in-boat speaker to the tower amp and see if it plays normal or the same no vocals. If you have multi-meter, you can ohm out the pods. A blown tweeter or cross-over will throw off its 4 ohm nominal impedance.