PDA

View Full Version : Error Code SPN 110 FMI 1

Bossman1
05-20-2020, 11:02 PM
Hello all,

Had some trouble first time out and havnt been able to find much in the forums. Has anyone experienced this error code? Any ways to fix? Further, the speedometer isn't working. Likely attributable to the low water flow. Thanks for the thoughts/guidance everyone. Also if it helps, boat was summerized by the dealer so likely/hopefully no errors with that. Thanks!

Isaguel
05-20-2020, 11:12 PM
Many of us have had this. Its the raw water side of the heat exchanger. You get debris in there. Theres good info on that thread how to clean it.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29605-Fault-Warning-SPN-110-FMI-1&highlight=fault+code

Bossman1
05-20-2020, 11:40 PM
Thanks, we did see this thread earlier. I tried in vain to get the paddlewheel sensor out but its stuck. Probably taking pliers to it tomorrow. Prior to that we're going to look at water intake. Do you know if that can be accessed from interior or are we going to have to hoist this thing up?

Isaguel
05-21-2020, 12:47 AM
I just looked at the water intake to make sure there was no debris clogging it.Then removed the paddlewheel sensor and cleaned some debris. 3rd step I removed the cap cover from the heat exchanger and flushed it with tap water wit hose and put it back together. Error code dissapered and has not come back. ANd that's been almost 2 years now.

schwan
05-21-2020, 08:28 AM
What boat do you have? I've heard 15 and 16 raptors have high false positives with this error code. Mine does. Basically the jist is, as long as your engine stays cool, don't worry about it. I've even heard that the newest ecm flash just gets rid of this code since there are other warnings if your engine gets too hot.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Bossman1
05-21-2020, 11:06 AM
We've got a 16 Craz raptor 400. We'll continue to monitor engine temp but also as speedo is reading out 0, we can't get Cruz to work making surfing difficult. I'm assuming the 0 speedo is related to this error but unsure how to troubleshoot that as well.

schwan
05-21-2020, 03:11 PM
Saying 0 for speed is weird, but I don't know how this fault would be related. Do you have GPS or paddle wheel? If paddle wheel, maybe it's stuck.. If GPS, maybe something got disconnected....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Bossman1
05-21-2020, 03:26 PM
Paddle wheel. We lifted her up and checked under, paddle wheel moves freely, nothing blocking water intakes. We got some other looking at it saying this hose may not be properly aligned. Any chance this has something to do with it?

justflyinglow
05-25-2020, 09:15 AM
Here what happened to mine and the eventual fix. Not sure about the speed reading 0 but that's another paddlewheel sensor under the boat. If that's bad, should be covered under warranty. Or you can add GPS replacement fairly easy.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35024-Water-flow-sensor-leak

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/yourboat.html