PDA

View Full Version : Shallow boat slip

Ironcross25
05-18-2020, 05:05 PM
The place we go is doing construction and we don’t have our dock and lift. We will have to use a boat slip. I have the choice of 2. 1 farther out in the cluster which is in hot territory for seagull poop. It was bad for the people last year. Spot 2 is the 1st slip on the cluster closest to shore. I would have 1 foot of clearance from prop to lake bottom. My mojo draft is 27 1/2 and the depth is about 38 or 39 inches. Just wanted to get your guys opinion if the shallow slip would work? Lake level always stays same and I would not be keeping in the water for long periods of time. Most would be a week maybe 2 max since I don’t want the bottom to get grimed up to bad. Lake bed is soft clay. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
05-18-2020, 05:16 PM
No water level fluctuations, no wake area, no jumping onto the boat, no problem.

larry_arizona
05-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Sandy bottom? No problem

sandm
05-18-2020, 06:20 PM
I'd take the first slip. motor out at idle speed.
we boated with a couple on a shallow lake in stevens point a few years ago. they had to idle out for 2 or 300yards in water barely 6" below the prop. you could see the sand kicking up.

slow and steady got us out and back.

Ironcross25
05-18-2020, 06:35 PM
It’s a no wake zone but off the wake area. Gets choppy but the way the chop rolls in it should die a little since it’s the first slip and have a long dock to absorb. The water gets deeper the next slip over. Thanks guys. I was leaning to the shallow one anyway. I don’t mind precision docking. Lol. I’ll have led in the nose so that should help bring the ass up a hair. I’ve been so spoiled with the lift that this will take some getting use to. I plan on pulling to clean a lot since I’m pretty anal about the boat. Ive always hot sauced it after every weekend. Not sure I can in the water but I’ll find. Way.

jason1973
05-19-2020, 09:22 AM
I used to park my Mastercraft x2 and my new mondo in about 38" of water. I had no choice it was my shoreline in a bay. I NEVER once had problems. The bottom was mostly muck. At first i just asked most people to go up front to lower the bow and raise the prop a bit as we slowly motored out. Never once did i have a problem. IN the end as long as i tapped and glided, i never had a single issue. I say stay away from the poop and just tap and glide til you are in deeper water.

cepick
05-19-2020, 01:47 PM
Should be fine. Our LSV sits in about 38” of water at the boathouse. Just idle
In and out.