View Full Version : Should I give up?

03-21-2007, 07:55 AM
:cry: Well..this is sad...after waiting since last november..when i got factory incentives from the Barcelona boat show to buy my Outback V..Iīm thinking about giving up and ask the spanish dealer to give me back the 20% I have already paid in advance for this new boat.
Spanish dealer told me they were waiting for a confirmation for a building slot..but I asked them for this confirmation many times and..they always say the same..factory never confirm the slot..this is an everllasting waiting...I sent some e-mails to Skiers Choiceīs customer support and even to Dan Miller..but if there is a customer support in SC, i never knew it...
Really afraid Iīll have to buy another brand of boat..after waiting for almost six months i still canīt get a date to have the boat...Iīd love to just go to the dealer,like you lot do, and pay for the boat and tow it back home..but noway...
I think SC canīt handle the amount of boats they have to build,then..they shouldnīt open new dealers and then they shouldnīt try to look for new customers and just please the domestic market...Where are the professional fame of the Skiers Choiceīs crew i have read about in this bulletin board???Whats about what they say in the back of the Moomba 2007 catalogue about customer support...???
Maybe there is no point to go on being a member of this bulletin board since i think i shanīt own a Moomba boat...
Oh well..i have learnt a lot reading this bulletin board so no harm done...just hope they tell me somthing in the next hours or iīll give up.. :(

03-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your problem, but it could just as easily be the fault of your dealer as it could be SC. Dealers generally know how many production slots they are going to get and it's just a guess but I'm betting that a dealer in Spain has a pretty limited number of slots. Just another guess but it could be the case that your dealer already sold his allotted slots and was hoping to pick up another open slot later without knowing whether or not he could get one. He promises you a boat and takes a healthy deposit while he doesn't know whether or not he can actually get you a boat. I suppose the real proof will be how willing he is to give you back the money you put down on the boat.

03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for your answer,lowdrag...Maybe it is Spanish dealer fault but ,as i said,i got one of the 10 slots they were given with factory incentives for the Barcelona boat show by SC...they both blame eachother i think..but itīs a long waiting..and i am just back from a drive by the seaside to cheer me up a bit..and saw a really nice Rinker boat in a showroom....really nice white and yellow boat...double price that "my" desired Outback maybe..iīll go later when the shop is open..asking is free..so is dreaming.. :)

03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
My friend just traded a Rinker for a Supra. Rinker is a good boat but has a few limitations. Like no wake to speak of and darn hard to hold 18 MPH.

I hope SC can help


03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
If SC can help least iīm glad with the support i get from you lot,thanks smokedog...went to see the Rinker..nice boat but..didnīt feel anything special... :lol:

Dave A
03-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a dealer problem to me. You should be able to find an order date. If there was and order date in November that fell through the cracks, maybe Skier's Choice can remedy the situation by bumping it to the front of the line. If there was no order, maybe Skier's Choice can contact the dealer and find out why? Just my 20%, or yours. It's a shame not to be able to get what you want. Hope it all works out.


03-22-2007, 11:14 AM
SC is responsible for distribution of their product. You should be able to contact SC and tell them that your dealer is not getting you the delivery date information and you need the status and it is important so you can update the message board and give the readers an update. It could be awaiting shipping as that can be a big delay waiting for a shipping slot. Customs has their delays also. The dealer should have figured all of that in and give you an accurate date. Wish you the best and hope it all works out.

03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks Zabooda..as i said i did try to contact SC a few times by e-mail ..since my speaking english is not too good...but they did not even answer me back,that is why i feel a bit disappointed...dealer here tell me a new delivery date each time i talk to them..i donīt really know if the boat is built or not, i was told SC uses to send 2 previous confirmation e-mails about the options and to know all was right with the boat..i didnīt get anything...i had a hired place for the boat at the local dock for the summer months, i even lost it because i donīt want to pay for it and then have no boat..
It would be enough for me if someone from SC contacted me and just say:

a) you wonīt have the boat

b) you will have the boat this day

As easy as this. :shock:

03-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Come on YOU guys at skiers choice help this guy out hes got money in hand !!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :D

03-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Couldn't have said it any better Blue. I would like to think SC hasn't read this thread. The only option and probably the best option left is to call SC directly.

03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Very true!!! :roll: Got $46000 in a chocolates box waiting for the boat :lol:

03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Dear Moomba Armada,

I apologize for the slow response on your post. I was out of the office all of last week, and just now got a copy that someone else forwarded to me.

It is true that we continue to grow very quickly, and we have a lot of orders to fill. I do not remember seeing any communication from you on my e-mail or phone though. It is possible that it went to my spam filter?

Please have your dealer contact me ASAP to see if we can move your order any earlier. I would need to know the order number that the dealer has in order to do that.

Dan Miller - Skiers Choice

03-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Im really impressed you answered the post im so glad I bought a moomba i know you guys will handle this! Good job skiers choice :arrow:

03-26-2007, 01:51 PM
My LSV is on the same delay as your one.

Iīm waiting for mi LSV since the Barcelona Boat Show too.

They just told me this morning that the boat is being built since today and it will arrive here in a month.

I hope this will be true or i will use the boat for next summer.

I just have send you a private message.

03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Dear Dan:

First thing to say Iīm really glad you answered my post...(seems there is life on Mars...).
I sent you an e-mail through customerservice@skierschoice.com,but maybe customers support is not a direct way to you. I donīt really know your personal e-mail address,thatīs why...
Anyway, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, just called Pepe,sales person of Moomba Spain, and asked for my order number...Hope they phone me soon today...but ..I am so used to wait that...oh well..maybe this time :roll:
Once again,Iīm really happy I can get my Moomba now when I was so close to give up... :D
And thanks once more time to all the mates in here for the support and to that "someone" who forwarded my message to Dan...I owe him one...

03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your words, Ed...Seems i wonīt fall into the cracks at last :lol: ...as you know i was about to leave and buy another brand..but my wife does like the Moomba and kept saying me wait,wait...Now Dan is in the scene things look different, he has contacted me and he is taken care of the problem, i have to admit Iīm really impressed...
Iīm sure it will worth the looooong waiting,Ed... :wink:

CT Skier
03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Wow-this is better than a soap opera-it's real world!! Armada, I hope that your dealer calls you back with the info you need...if not, there might be your problem...
Keep the faith, my friend-the boat is definitely worth the wait!

03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
:D :D Finally, and thanks to Dan Miller, my boat will exist next week...All the waiting will worth it...I want to thanks also the comments and support from members of this forum and specially to someone that phoned Moomba customer support and explained my thing.
Will also post some pics when my boat arrives to Spain,hopefully in May.

04-05-2007, 03:29 PM
:? It wonīt exist next week...No closed cooled system engines in stock...so I lose the slot then I have to wait to next one...hopefully May 9th..but I am losing my faith..I am sure there will be another of the large amount of problems when that date arrives..I am posting this to answer all your private messages asking how was going with my boat..no more moaning,lol..it drives to nowhere... :x