PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Moomba Boomerang won't turnover / crank

bullsey398
05-15-2020, 03:07 PM
Looking for help on a 2000 Moomba Boomerang (5.7 Indmar) that won’t turnover/ crank. These are things I’ve checked/know so far…
- Batt is fully charged.
- Have power to Starter and Ignition switch
- Motor cranks and starts when I jump across the starter solenoid.
- Ign. Switch works. Shows 12+ volts at Starter terminal and I can run a jumper wire from the starter wire terminal (yellow/red wire) directly to the solenoid and it will start when the key is turned.
- There is no voltage at the starting solenoid when turning the key if the jumper wire is removed.
- I don’t have any voltage at the neutral interlock switch on the trans, but the switch is closed (per continuity). Also have jumpered this switch with no luck.
- I do have power to the dash and other switches except for blower. There seems to be a short in the circuit board that prevents power from reaching the blower motor.

I am suspecting a problem with the circuit board behind the dash, but don’t know if there are any other fuses / switches between the dash and the starter that could be checked first?
Besides asking if anyone can think of other things to check… I would like to know if:
A) Is there any harm in just by-passing the circuit board and running a direct line from the starter term. on the ignition switch to the starter solenoid.. and calling it a day?
B) Does anyone know where I can find a replacement circuit board for this boat?

Really appreciate any help!
Greg

Branden967
05-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Have you check your kill switch, sometimes those go funky? Does your fuel pump kick on when you turn your key to on (not full starts)?