PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Purchase Poll

JoeTechie
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm curious as too how everyone chose the SC boat they own.

-J

Buttafewcoe
03-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Boat show display, so i guess I'd call that off the dealer's lot
B

bobwells
03-21-2007, 07:11 AM
gotta deal I couldnt refuse ! and have been super pleased with this ride! '98 mobius :D going to this from a 16' '78 ck. mate was like leaving a horse & wagon and getting in a limo!

SiglooLSV
03-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I got mine new off the dealer lot. I actually travelled to Atlanta, which is about a 3 hour drive from home (Augusta) to look at a 2006 Outback V that was on the lot at Atlanta Marine. When we got there I really did like the boat a lot, but the color combination wasn't my favorite and my wife didn't really care for it either. It was mostly white, with black as the secondary color.

Right next to the Outback V on the lot was a bright red Mobius LSV. Still had the cover on it, but I asked the salesman to open it up. We took it out on a test drive and ,as it turns out, I got a great deal on the boat and towed her home that day.

We got it late in the season last year, so we only put about 30 hours on it last year. I have been very pleased with it so far.

Chris

gt9118
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Ours was a boat show display. The boat was exactly what we wanted and ended up getting some money off for buying the floor model.
All Red 07 LSV

gotmyboat
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I am a little worse than Ed. I paid in full in Feb. for the boat, and wasn't able to get it in the water until April. I had never test driven it, or any other boat, but knew that it was the one that I wanted. I did kick a lot of tires and relied a great deal on the Waterski Mag boat tests. They said everything that I wanted to hear about the boat. I was looking for a quality tournament boat without the frills at a great price. It was everything that they said it would be, and it looks as good as the spendier boats.

They did forget to mention the cool community of owners on this BB. It should be at the top of their marketing material. :)

Dave

BensonWdby
03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
We got our 99 Mobius after a short web search and looking about local dealers. The boat was 1 season old, in perfect condition with only 33 hours on it. The metallic blue was very eye catching. The owner was a young professional dirt bike rider and was expecting his first child. He needed the cash and all of his buddies had boats so he figured when he had time to ride he could hitch one.

My thoughts were - When coming off an outboard, any tournament ski boat would be a huge step up, so price was the driver. For the price I paid for this boat I would have had to buy a much older MC or CC with a lot more hours and wear/tear. Never even drove it. I had driven other MC/CC before so was familiar with handling and aware that they were very similar.

Generally pretty happy with it.
Dave

Dave A
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I ordered mine in October of '04 and put $2000.00 deposit down. Picked it up after the February boat show, and made my final payment last thursday. I only drove the Outback, but my wife liked the look of the LS better, don't ask how she could tell any difference in 2 inches. :shock: Women are funny that way I guess. I got the Modius LS and couldn't be happier.

David

Bombguy
03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
The wife found our 05 Mobius LS on the classified section of these forums back around October of last year. I drove from Huntsville, AL to Houston over Veterans day weekend to pick it up. We're putting it in the water for our maiden voyage tomorrow. WooHoo! Supposed to be in the mid 80s this weekend. We have a place on Smith Lake here in Alabama.
Neil

swimordie
03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Found mine on Craigslist.org. 2001 Outback LS w/ 108 hours in IMMACULATE condition. It was posted without pics in the middle of winter. So my suspicion is the seller didn't get too much interest.

My wife and I had just started looking at New LS and LSV's. When I fould this 01 LS it suited my needs/wants just fine. The color combo is exactly what we wanted. White/Gray. I wish it had a tandem axle trailer though. I have rat holed 2/3's of the cost of Perfect Pass without my wife knowing. So hopefully I can get that installed before she starts pulling me.

We took her out the day after we bought it and were the only kooks on the lake. Both of us dressed as if we were going to Mount Shasta vice Lake Shasta. Regardless, had a great time.

ben624
03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
My friend was saling and I was buying... I have a '99 outback.... It has been a great boat... No problems with it in the last 3 years... I bought it at the very end of the season.... It had less than 150 hours on it when i bought it... It now has all most 400 hrs on it.... And that is only 2 full seasons.... I will buy another one IF this one ever wears out... But I have a feeling that will be in a long time.

tazz3069
04-21-2007, 09:28 PM
I was driving through Boulder City, Nevada on my way to Arizona. On my way back, I had to stop and take a look. They had exactly what I wanted. As a matter of fact, mine was still wrapped in that white plastic protective coating. I went back the following Saturday and bought it off the lot. I was the first to take a test drive in it. I have had it for about a week now and love it to death. It sits in my garage for saftey and protection. Plus I like to look at it every night .
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7429/ourboatzn8.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ourboatzn8.jpg)

Mark :D :D :D :D :o :o :o

tarkus70
04-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Ordered mine from the factory that way I got what I wanted and the colors I wanted.

h2oskierrick
04-22-2007, 11:45 PM
We owned an 87 Ski Nautique for over 14 years. We wanted a little more room and a bow rider. Did a lot of reading, test drives, and numerous trips to the dealer. Decide the Mobious LS was meant for us, ordered at the boat show!! When we picked it up,it was better than expected.
Hope the Moomba goes the 20 years the Nautique did!!

shulaj
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Ordered a new 07 Mobius LSV with all the options I wanted and left the stereo out so I could build a correct one. Would have liked to have done that through the factory as well, but I do not think theirs is up to where it could be.