PDA

View Full Version : diffrence between mobius xlv and gravity game xlv

vardenafil
03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
im looking at moomba boats for a ski/wakeboard/family run about boat. i cant decide between the gravity games edition or the xlv. is there a big diffrence between the 2? i dont want to purchase a boat and wish i would of got the upgrade later. is the only difrence is what come standard and pain schemes

JoeTechie
03-20-2007, 10:34 PM
is the only difrence is what come standard and pain schemes

Yes. The Gravity Games edition is just a decked out XLV.

Pain not included, you do that all on your own. ;)

-J

Ian Brantford
03-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I have an XLV, non-GG edition. The only GG item that I really wish I had is the ballast, especially the 1000lb front bag. I am about to look for an aftermarket replacement for the original Gravity III bag (650lb) any day now.

The XLV can produce a great wake. However, with the 1200lbs of ballast that the Gravity III system offers, and only 2 or 3 adults in the boat (plus the rider behind), its wake is right on the threshold between "big" and "good'. That is, we spend precious time fiddling with trim and weight distribution to get rid of wash at the wake's crest. It only takes another 3-400 lbs in the middle to make everything work well over a wide range of trim and speed.

So, if you don't want to spend the money on the GG edition, I recommend arranging for the big front ballast bag (original or aftermarket), and using a lower-pitch propeller to match the extra weight.