PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust Prices/Purchase

corvette8189
05-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Don’t go another year without a Fresh Air Exhaust. Reduce carbon monoxide while adding the best upgrade for your stereo.

Prices below. Message me for a shipping quote or to get one coming.

Supra/Moomba Single Exhaust
FAE- $520
Options
Blended Welds- $40
Flapper- $40
Install Kit- $50

Supra/Moomba Dual Exhaust
3pc FAE- $490
If your exhaust outlet has a metal tube sticking out, it will need to be replaced $
Options
1 pc design- T $30 Y $50
Side Mount- $30
Platform Quick Release- $45
Flappers- $50
Blended Welds- 3pc $50 1pc T $50 1pc Y $60

Some prices may defer depending on your boat.
Shipping is usually around $30-$65. Need zip code for exact quote.
They are built to order and usually take 2-3 weeks.
You can read more about the options here- https://www.freshairexhaust.com/about-us/fae-options/
Check out my single exhaust install here- https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?31267-FAE-Install-Pics
Any questions or if you would like to order one just send me a message.

https://i.imgur.com/6VEsW91.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uULpM9B.jpg

htfit
05-05-2020, 04:47 PM
I recently installed a FAE on my boat and also got the baffle removal kit. I noticed that FAE stopped selling that and now has the Flappers. Is there an issue with the removing the baffle? Just wondering if it is something I should be concerned with. Thanks!

corvette8189
05-07-2020, 10:38 AM
They still sell it, just not advertised as its a huge pain to remove. They have always had the flappers. Though half the people go without with no issues.

yearround
05-07-2020, 11:55 AM
They have always had the flappers. Though half the people go without with no issues.

this is almost a concern, if half the people go without with no issues, do half the people have issues? and what issues? maybe i have misread this.

I am very interested, i guess i should PM for the discount?

corvette8189
05-07-2020, 08:30 PM
flappers better explained-
– Inboard Ski/Wake boat exhaust systems are wet exhaust systems. During normal operation there is water in the exhaust pipes and muffler. The water is pumped by the impeller first into your engine. The hot engine water is then injected, at the aft end of the header, into the exhaust system. In other words, the water is injected into the exhaust system where the rubber hose begins. Without this water, the rubber hose begins to smoke in about 30 seconds.
When a boat engine is not running, part of the boat’s exhaust is flooded with water (all the exhaust system that is below the waterline). On a Direct-Drive boat where the exhaust/muffler is in the floor, the entire muffler is typically flooded (that is why a leaking muffler can sink your boat). On a V-Drive less of the exhaust system is flooded. When you start the engine the water that is flooding the exhaust system is blown out.
When the engine is running the exhaust system is filled with a mix of exhaust gasses (including Carbon Monoxide) and water.
The reason for flappers is two-fold:
 If you are heading down the lake fast, and your engine should suddenly die, the following wave, when it hits your transom, can push water into your exhaust system, and theoretically push water up into your engine. If you back a boat on a trailer too fast into the water this could also occur. A flapper (or baffle) keeps this surge of water from pushing into the exhaust. If your boat has curved downward exhaust tips, they will also prevent water from surging into the engine. Some boats with curved downward exhaust outlets do not have flappers, such as the Nautique Surf Pipe. Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) provides the same protection as other curved down exhaust outlets.
 Secondly, if there is a failure of the exhaust system inside the boat (like a hose connection comes loose), the flapper will slow the ingress of water which gives the bilge pump a chance to keep up. In this instance, a baffle, or turned down tubes will not prevent this.
We have thousands of FAE installed without a flapper with no known problems; but for the extra safety we recommend flappers for all boats; particularly new boats where the engine is still under warranty. Some boats have built in flappers or baffles that are not removed when FAE is installed. If you order flappers and don’t need them, we will let you know.

Damian Grasso
10-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Looking into FAE for a 2001 Moomba Mobius. Whats
the price?

Isaguel
11-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase the OEM FAE from Supra and have the dealer install it?

dakota4ce
11-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase the OEM FAE from Supra and have the dealer install it?

I have purchased it and put it on myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaguel
11-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Did u get it through your dealer? Was it complicated to install. ?

MJHSupra
11-08-2020, 10:17 PM
I would buy from a dealer vs aftermarket. Some bad pics on social media of weld cracks.

Dealer might charge a few hours labor.

parrothd
11-09-2020, 09:21 AM
I would buy from a dealer vs aftermarket. Some bad pics on social media of weld cracks.

Yep, dealer will honor the warranty, FAE won't.

Isaguel
11-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Yes. That is exactly my concern. As I learn more about CO accumulation at aft seating positions and the station wagon effect, I have become very concerned.
But want to do it right. Well worth the cost to have OEM and not worry about it failing.

parrothd
11-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Yes. That is exactly my concern. As I learn more about CO accumulation at aft seating positions and the station wagon effect, I have become very concerned.
But want to do it right. Well worth the cost to have OEM and not worry about it failing.

CO poisoning is less of a concern with catalyic engines like the new raptor motors if the emissions systems are working as they should. You'd get a check engine light now, older boats heck yes, seen and gotten sick from it.

larry_arizona
11-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Again, cats reduce CO but don’t eliminate it.

Cat boats still dangerous, perhaps slightly less dangerous than a non cat boat.

I mean you wouldn’t sit in your garage with a modern car running would you??

Dank
11-09-2020, 09:21 PM
on a side note... we had a MAX that we just sold with a 400 Raptor that didn't have a FAE.. just ordered a 2021 MOJO with it... overall, what is the difference in engine noise? like scale of 1-10 - no FAE vs. FAE - engine noise? Does it help?

MJHSupra
11-10-2020, 08:06 PM
When I put the FAE on my last Supra, I would say the noise is cut in half. That was the old GM block.

On the newer Raptors, I would add sound deadening on the engine/trans hatches, then a surf pipe, and you will be happy with the result. The Fords make more noise vs the GM blocks.