PDA

View Full Version : vinyl repair

Isaguel
04-30-2020, 06:30 PM
Has anyone tried to math vinyl upholstery on their Moomba. I was driving and the left rear seat cushion flew out. It was run over and now has visible damage. Still usable Someone told me I would never find a perfect match and would have to redo the whole thing some day to have it all match.
Question is : Has anyone ever tried ordering vinyl directly from Moomba?

TRLMoomba
05-13-2020, 11:31 PM
Has anyone tried to math vinyl upholstery on their Moomba. I was driving and the left rear seat cushion flew out. It was run over and now has visible damage. Still usable Someone told me I would never find a perfect match and would have to redo the whole thing some day to have it all match.
Question is : Has anyone ever tried ordering vinyl directly from Moomba?

I had to replace the back seat in the 2013
Mojo last year call a dealer with your vin and SC can sent you a sewn skin pull the old off and stretch the new one on and staple it up. Best match ever!

Isaguel
05-14-2020, 12:28 AM
Awesome, I'll try that. Thanks.

larry_arizona
05-14-2020, 06:45 AM
Agree, SC will send exact fabric for your upholstery shop to use, or send you a new cushion skin.

Upholstery shops are typically cheaper as the SC skins are $$, but the fabric from SC Is reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRLMoomba
05-14-2020, 11:41 PM
Agree, SC will send exact fabric for your upholstery shop to use, or send you a new cushion skin.

Upholstery shops are typically cheaper as the SC skins are $$, but the fabric from SC Is reasonable.

No on the $$,,,,It was so reasonable knowing it matched 100% it was a no brainer. The material cost versus the skin was completely reasonable. I chased the material cost down before I ordered. The skin was 100% on and all said and done no one knows any else,,, matches perfectly. They guys at SC after I ordered the skin were fantastic to let me know where it was in getting it done is why I keep buying from them and not some other boat manufacturer. Shout out to them at SC and
all Moomba/Supra boats.

larry_arizona
05-15-2020, 08:38 AM
No on the $$,,,,It was so reasonable knowing it matched 100% it was a no brainer. The material cost versus the skin was completely reasonable. I chased the material cost down before I ordered. The skin was 100% on and all said and done no one knows any else,,, matches perfectly. They guys at SC after I ordered the skin were fantastic to let me know where it was in getting it done is why I keep buying from them and not some other boat manufacturer. Shout out to them at SC and
all Moomba/Supra boats.

Glad it was reasonable, my case was not.

Small cut on drivers seat bolster., seat skin from SC was $500+ install labor, ordered factory fabric from SC, local upholstery shop repaired it, 100% match $125 total.

Isaguel
05-17-2020, 11:57 AM
Just an update. I called SC and then my dealer, They are ordering me the skin only for the port side rear corner cushion. I can install it myself. 190$. I am very satisfied with this price. It'll take 4-6 weeks, but that's OK. Too bad I wont be able to install it as the SL will be here in 2 weeks. I wanted to have it all fixed and looking pretty before trade in. Oh, well, the dealer ordering it is where I got the SL, they can install it.

Thanks for this info. I thought I was going to have to go to a local upholstery shop and get charged up the nose for this. This saved me a lot of grief.