PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pushing out cupholders

Sickpainter
04-30-2020, 02:38 PM
18 craz this year the front ballast seems to be pushing out the cup holders we haven't had this issue before, the bag doesn't seem like it will really move anywhere else then where it is, has anyone else ran into this

Surf Wagon
04-30-2020, 02:54 PM
They're just full probably never gotten there before. My 17 does the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Craz16
04-30-2020, 03:46 PM
Same thing on my 16 Craz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
04-30-2020, 04:11 PM
not unique to moomba. my old supra and tige did the same thing.

Sickpainter
04-30-2020, 05:41 PM
Awesome for what ever reason. The first two years it didn't happen glad to know its usual

Craz16
04-30-2020, 05:52 PM
I think the glue of that small foam padding that’s underneath the lip gets weaker over the years and from the sun and they eventually lift up from the pressure of the bag

z28ke
04-30-2020, 06:20 PM
My old outback v did this. Get some pvc pipe that’s a slightly larger diameter than the cupholder and cut it to fit inside between the fiberglass on top and floor on the bottom. In other words pull out the cupholder, and insert the pvc pipe from underneath where the ballast bag is, then put the cupholder back in. Now the bag will push on the pipe, which can’t pop out!

Isaguel
04-30-2020, 06:26 PM
My old outback v did this. Get some pvc pipe that’s a slightly larger diameter than the cupholder and cut it to fit inside between the fiberglass on top and floor on the bottom. In other words pull out the cupholder, and insert the pvc pipe from underneath where the ballast bag is, then put the cupholder back in. Now the bag will push on the pipe, which can’t pop out!

I've been having the same problem. Great idea!

Tydogg
05-01-2020, 11:55 AM

GENIUS idea !!

Stazi
05-02-2020, 06:38 AM
I just put them in the side cupholders when I have the front ballast full.

North Woody
05-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Same thing on my ‘14 LSV. I just use the cup holders popping out as confirmation that that my IBS is full :). Once they pop up, I store them in the cup holders under the helm until we’re done surfing and drain the bags. I’ve never been that bothered about it but I think I’ll try z27ke’s suggestion to use a short piece of PVC to drop the cup holders into to protect them from getting squeezed out.

jnr4817
05-25-2020, 09:56 AM
I just took mine out. As we always have the bow cushion in. I’ll find some very shallow holders to replace. Going to relocate the 2 to left side of glove box and right side of dashboard.