PDA

View Full Version : 2001 moomba outback

Jojo
04-23-2020, 06:42 PM
How hard is it to get the mufflers out? I think I may have leaks in both mufflers. There is a 1" wide aluminium clamp bracket that is under the rear couch that I can't get to the screws to remove them. Can I saw them off with a hacksaw?
Then will I be able to get them out reasonably easy?

td_in_nc
04-23-2020, 07:25 PM
I would suggest taking the rear seat out to provide access to the clamp. You will need to do that anyway to re-install. In terms of taking out once you have access it is a work out as the hose is stiff. If possible let it heat up in the sunlight. I removed mine and installed new ones on a chilly spring day. I was exhausted when I finally got them installed.

DOCDRS
04-23-2020, 07:35 PM
Just curious as to why you think both are leaking? There are a lot of reasons why you can get water in your bilge.

jmb
05-06-2020, 08:48 AM
I agree DOC. I just tightened my shaft seal last weekend. Leaking like heck. I don't have dripless and am assuming that 2001 doesn't either.

MOOMBA_97
05-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Had a small muffler leak with my prior 97 Boomerang. Those were made of fiberglass. I just patched it with fiberglass cloth and resin. I honestly don’t know if these are made the same in our boats or not though.