PDA

View Full Version : steering cable

jimmsch
04-21-2020, 05:56 PM
Does anybody know the part number and where I can get a steering cable for my 2018 Max? I really don't want to go to the dealer.
Also maybe there is a place that lists al part numbers for these boats so when I find a retailer I can order by part number.
Thanks

996scott
04-21-2020, 06:52 PM
if it's an 2018 wouldn't it be under warranty? As far as the part number goes you can just call the dealer and ask them for the part #, i've asked quite a few times and they are alway happy to give part numbers. Wholesale Marine or West Marine are places i've used with good success.

jimmsch
05-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the reply, but no it isn't under warranty. The dealer has proven to be less than useful. Of somebody knows the proper part number or the correct steering cable for this boat so I can order it from somewhere other than the dealer I would appreciate it. Thank you.

jimmsch
05-03-2020, 07:44 PM
So I found the part number tattooed on the cable towards the rudder end. It is a SeaStar Solutions cable model SSC15420. At least that's the best I can get from it. It looks like the tattoo got scratched off a bit. 28569
It really couldn't have gotten scratched in a worse place

Isaguel
05-03-2020, 10:40 PM
That's a 2018 boat. That should be under warranty, that's a pretty sh**** move on your dealers part. They should at least be willing to give you the part number and order the part for you.

But I believe this is what you are looking for:
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/teleflex-marine-rack-steering-cables-ssc154xx-xtreme-premium-replacement-cables-ssc15420

I'd suggest calling the supplier before ordering to see if their parts catalog lists it as 4 Moomba max.

jimmsch
05-04-2020, 07:20 AM
The dealer probably would have given me the part number, but I really don't want to talk to them if I can prevent it. The boat was used, apparently it was used commercially for a month before I purchased it which drastically reduces the warranty. He didn't tell me that last part until I tried to get some warrant work done.
Thanks for your reply

996scott
05-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Call Atlanta Marine, they will give you any part number you need. They are great