PDA

View Full Version : Factory Updatess

Max20
04-09-2020, 07:47 AM
I’ve been looking for any updates on the factory status. Cleary it is shut down based on feedback from my dealer and a few others on this site. Are there any announcements anywhere to be on the lookout for? According to my dealer they will be shuffling the production schedule to put pre-sold (ordered boats) in front of dealer stock when they return. Just curious if anyone has any updates is all.

My original spray date was April 30. I’m sure my dealer will call when they know something for sure.

haknslash
04-09-2020, 07:06 PM
It's closed until it's safe to work. The are not essential. I know it must suck but hell these lake closures going on it probably wouldn't get wet anyways. Nobody knows when the lockdowns will lift.

larry_arizona
04-09-2020, 07:30 PM
Michigan is allowing lakes and launches to remain open, however, you can only boat with members of your household......$500 fine for bringing non household guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
04-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Mass social distancing violations will shut down boating. Perception is everything.

ejj
04-12-2020, 03:06 PM
Wonder how this will effect new boat introductions. I’m pretty excited for the mini-kaiyen

larry_arizona
04-12-2020, 03:45 PM
Wonder how this will effect new boat introductions. I’m pretty excited for the mini-kaiyen

How big is a mini-Kaiyen? 19feet?

ejj
04-12-2020, 10:59 PM
How big is a mini-Kaiyen? 19feet?

The boat will be 20’ and a few inches. Essentially the same design as the Kaiyen. Replacing the Mondo.

schwan
04-13-2020, 11:55 AM
Interesting, I would have put money down that a 23ft kiayen/Makai style would be next

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

haknslash
04-13-2020, 02:08 PM
To me it doesn't make a lot of sense to make the same boat in 1' increments.

I understand the Mondo needing to be replaced or upgraded as it is getting long in the tooth, but how many people would buy a 1' shorter Kaiyen vs just buying the Kaiyen from the get-go? If it is small lake restrictions the Kaiyen fits that criteria already vs the larger Makai offering. The bow of the Kaiyen is already fairly short/stubby and I can't imagine it could go much shorter and be useable (for adults anyways) so they would probably remove cockpit space aft of the helm.

sandm
04-13-2020, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure I get it either unless this is coming in to replace the helix. seeing who joins on here and the buzz from the community doesn't seem like the helix are moving off dealer lots like the mondo did so adding a mondo replacement and axing the helix could be a good move. the current kaiyen at 21.5ft won't fit most of the lake restrictions that I have seen over the years.

knowing where the US economy seems to be heading(or already is) if I was running skiers i'd be pushing to market more value lines not a kayien replacement on the upper end of moomba's pricepoints or introducing some stripped down versions of current lines.

ejj
04-14-2020, 10:56 AM
Maybe you are right--Mojo could be next. My info is from a conversation at a pre-Covid boatshow. (So--anecdote at best. But the Mondo is gone...)

Helix and Max will stay as price-point boats. Kaiyen and Makai are newest gen boats in the "Affordable Premium" line. I know many companies are delaying product launches for 6-12 months now, so this might all be hot-air.

mgswake
04-16-2020, 10:52 PM
I could go for a 23'er between the kaiyen and the makai. The kaiyen felt a bit short in the bow but it was a great boat overall, I would like a little more room but don't want 24.5. The max just wasn't what I was looking for feature wise.