PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Cooler Tower Rack

ajbrooks1
03-24-2020, 03:40 PM
Ok, here is what I have been working on.

I have a Yeti 45 I bring on the boat, but with the amount of people and stuff (you know women.. :D lol)

I ordered a basic (and cheap) water ski rack. I want it to mount on the lower portion of my Rad-A Cage.

When it arrives, I will be cutting off one side of the rack as well as the forks and attempt to TIG weld a flat platform on it instead.

I am in hopes it will support the yeti, but just in case, I ordered a second one to reinforce the first "shelf".

I would be uploading pics, but I need to get my account to that level, for I'm still new here lol

updates to come!!

bergermaister
03-26-2020, 12:29 PM
That seems like an awful lot of weight on the rack once you have it loaded with ice and drinks - that cooler is 23lbs alone. I get a little nervous having a full rack of WB's, Surfboard, and an occasional kneeboard up there when we bounce through a few waves.

I would be worried spider cracks in the gel around the mounts as well.

Does your '06 have the 1-5/8" tower tubes or the thicker?

Kirby
03-26-2020, 04:50 PM
I can't wait to see this!

Branden967
03-26-2020, 06:17 PM
I’m excited to see this too.... what could go wrong?

MJHSupra
03-26-2020, 07:52 PM
Hmmm. Patiently waiting.
12 posts you should be good to go.

MJHSupra
03-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Download the Tapatalk APP.
You can upload pics directly from your phone - 1 at a time.
Otherwise, you will be stuck using a 3rd party hosting site and cutting/pasting the link into here.

bergermaister
03-27-2020, 12:27 AM
Post it up - I’ll approve it. :cool:

ajbrooks1
04-06-2020, 04:16 PM
That seems like an awful lot of weight on the rack once you have it loaded with ice and drinks - that cooler is 23lbs alone. I get a little nervous having a full rack of WB's, Surfboard, and an occasional kneeboard up there when we bounce through a few waves.

I would be worried spider cracks in the gel around the mounts as well.

Does your '06 have the 1-5/8" tower tubes or the thicker?

it has the 1-5/8th tower, there is no gel cracks. I also think itll be more then ok with the weight, its low and near the base, so there isnt much leverage testing the strength of the tower.

ajbrooks1
04-06-2020, 04:20 PM
ok guys! sorry, with this awful outbreak thing happening i have been working alot and its been hard to get to this project. here is the rack i ordered.

Branden967
04-06-2020, 04:41 PM
ok guys! sorry, with this awful outbreak thing happening i have been working alot and its been hard to get to this project. here is the rack i ordered.

Is the cooler going to hang off that rack? Might be a lot of weight for that.... I could see two of those maybe modified to hold it top and bottom working ish?

ajbrooks1
04-15-2020, 08:43 PM
Is the cooler going to hang off that rack? Might be a lot of weight for that.... I could see two of those maybe modified to hold it top and bottom working ish?

Yea, so I ordered two ultimately. I want one for the top and one for the bottom. It’s hard to explain u til I get them!

Cscherer
05-30-2020, 12:01 PM
Did this get built?