PDA

View Full Version : no boating no bueno.......

sandm
03-23-2020, 10:49 PM
due to the a$$hats in some other states that decided boat tie ups at the sandbar are the right thing to do in this current age of distancing, the feds shut down all the launch ramps at lake mead so we are now dead in the driveway. can't launch the boat.

kinda sucks as that was the one thing gf and I were looking forward to doing to get out of the house on our day off together.

we feel blessed that we are still collecting paychecks in an economy that is almost 100% tourist driven- I head to work each day and she has taken over the office at home to work from.. for now but she works for a slot company so not sure how long she's going to last until it picks up again.

what's the rest of the moomba family doing to keep from going crazy and hope everyone is safe!!!

sandm
03-23-2020, 10:51 PM
dogs practicing distancing......https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200324/e85ecca91931e8e1533f8971c426d753.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
03-23-2020, 11:26 PM
ConocoPhillips went business critical last Monday so I've been doing the VPN thing for the past week.

It was cool before working remote maybe once or twice a week. Regular status meetings are no biggie on Microsoft Teams but I struggle a bit when hosting a large meeting and not being able to read the room.

This is totally different and being trapped with a 2 year old and a 6 week old has brought an entirely new meaning to cabin fever [emoji28]

It's supposed 90° in Houston on Wednesday so it'd be nice to go for a cruise, I imagine the City ramps are closed but not the marinas [emoji2369]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

NewbFam5
03-24-2020, 01:29 AM
Stupid people were flocking to the OR coast over the weekend so the bat-crap crazy governor punished the rest of us and basically locked down our state.

zabooda
03-24-2020, 02:22 AM
I continue to stay in Arizona outside Phoenix while my home state of Washington is having their issues. The common areas where I live have been closed down for a few weeks. Rather boring but we ride RZRs in the desert once a week. Now we stay 6 feet away from each other on the trail and also when we stop and talk. I no longer can have a rider in my RZR. Most people have left the resort to go back to their home states which frees up more supplies at the grocery store. The weather has been on the cool side and a few fishermen is all that is on the nearby lake. Really peaceful. Everyone take care and we will probably hear some interesting stories.

deerfield
03-24-2020, 09:41 AM
Boat ramps at Lake Anna in central Virginia are open. Took a drive to the lake late Sunday, just to see the view. All (I think) restaurants on the lake are closed. I am rotating between the office and telework.

996scott
03-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Man I will blow my top if they shut down the lakes, that is absolutely insane! They have already shut down the ski resorts and the golf courses here. It's still too cold to get on the lake right now but next month i am hoping to get out. Both my wife and i are still working and are very grateful for that but that could change here shortly for me. Told my wife she may be the one paying the mortgage soon:)

RUGER761
03-24-2020, 11:46 AM
They shut down all Corp ran campgrounds around here till May 15th. Ramps not in a campground are still open. My local lake is flooded though at 20Ft high, so that's a kick in the rear, but there are a few other lakes within an hrs drive that we will still be able to go to I hope.

larry_arizona
03-24-2020, 12:01 PM
Man I will blow my top if they shut down the lakes, that is absolutely insane! They have already shut down the ski resorts and the golf courses here. It's still too cold to get on the lake right now but next month i am hoping to get out. Both my wife and i are still working and are very grateful for that but that could change here shortly for me. Told my wife she may be the one paying the mortgage soon:)

Worse case Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will freeze your mortgage for 12 months penalty and interest free with no hit to credit reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
03-24-2020, 01:04 PM
OR shutdown, WA is following as of Wednesday night - all campground and day use areas as well. My wife has worked from home for the last 20 years and I have for the last 3ish. No biggie for us but now we have a daughter home from college doing on-line courses and a 17-yr old boy out of school, plus a 24 yr old back home and a 4yr old grand daughter - keeping it interesting...

So what do you do when you're stuck at home? Build a jump in the far corner of the back yard, duh.

https://i.imgur.com/QHwIyJp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zPHqKvn.jpg

The entrance ramp to it is a little sketchy due to a hill climb and a curve through the trees before hitting it but probably for the best to keep our speed down a bit.

996scott
03-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Worse case Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will freeze your mortgage for 12 months penalty and interest free with no hit to credit reports.

That's great to know, hopefully we won't need that :) On the bright side, We are just finishing up refinancing the house this week. Rates dropped so low 3-4 weeks ago we went from a 30yr @ 3.625% to a 15yr @2.625. Will save a ton on interest over the next 15 yrs.

sandm
03-24-2020, 02:16 PM
we're in the same boat scott. going from 4 to 3 on a 30 year. we just bought the house last summer so no biggie to add another year to it. we likely won't be in the house 10 years from now. saving us $275/month on our mortgage to dump back into principle payments. hopefully will be signing in a month or so.
hope your lakes stay open.

Berg- looks like a great time to get out and enjoy the weather although as they are telling everyone here, don't do anything that can land you in the ER. :)

Turbinesurgeon
03-24-2020, 06:43 PM
we're in the same boat scott. going from 4 to 3 on a 30 year. we just bought the house last summer so no biggie to add another year to it. we likely won't be in the house 10 years from now. saving us $275/month on our mortgage to dump back into principle payments. hopefully will be signing in a month or so.
hope your lakes stay open.

Berg- looks like a great time to get out and enjoy the weather although as they are telling everyone here, don't do anything that can land you in the ER. :)

Yes!! Staying out of the ER would be very wise. I’ve been mountain biking but dialed it way back.

rdlangston13
03-26-2020, 12:20 PM
Man I have been granted with boating for an indefinite period of time! Guyana shut down all international flights so yeah, no idea when I am getting off the water. Wife is near panicking about having to go to work (RN) and have her mom with asthma watch our youngins. Good news I guess is that if I can't get home I can't get laid off!

bergermaister
03-26-2020, 12:22 PM
You're right about the ER. Did cross my mind a few times hence a second gear limit on the jump.

The Fish and Wildlife Department officially just closed everything here as of last night. Which I sort of understand but then again we are supposed to continue with activities that support mental health right? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be within 6 ft of anybody besides my family on the water. So close the restrooms, pay station, etc. but let us use the rivers and lakes...

Not much else to do besides play with the dog, turn whiskey into water and refinance.

scotthons
03-26-2020, 06:08 PM
At least they haven't closed the course to walkers and private carts. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200326/636a80a7ae3b19b5ef9410bdabb8c78a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bergermaister
03-27-2020, 12:31 AM
Gotta love these guys!

https://youtu.be/I3xpRZITi2w

rdlangston13
03-28-2020, 09:13 AM
Gotta love these guys!

https://youtu.be/I3xpRZITi2w

I ran across that the other day, hilarious.

Mat Best cracks me up, him and the whole BRCC crew makes great youtube bits.

zabooda
03-28-2020, 10:22 AM
Best Chinese virus song yet. Thanks for sharing.

haknslash
03-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Did anyone else get real sick back in December or earlier this year? I want to say I think I had coronavirus back before it was a thing. Had all the symptoms you read about. It was so bad I canceled going to the family a Christmas as I didn’t want to get anyone sick and stayed at home. I could barely get out of bed and if I did I would cough my ass off. It lasted longer than other sickness I’ve had like cold or seasonal flu. Doctors said I didn’t have flu and they didn’t know what it was other than appeared to be a bad upper respiratory infection. Gave me some meds and steroids and sent me in my way to deal with it at home. My daughter also had a bad case of Flu like symptoms earlier this year and did not test positive for the flu. Probably was the Rona. I’ve seen similar posts on FB and social media from many others. I think this was here long before Feb 2020 and I think it was spreading in China long before they made anyone aware. I mean they had test kits almost from the get-go so either they lied and tried to hide it or those fools are more efficient than we will ever know.

Anyways boat ramps here seem to still be open as I haven’t heard of any closings. They just want boaters to remain 50’ apart which is fine with me lol as we don’t normally hang in party coves and all that stuff. We boat to get away from people and all the crazies. We are just waiting for the pollen to get out and then for our storage building to get completed. Once that is done it’s on and we are hitting the water!!

scotthons
03-28-2020, 11:38 AM
My neighbor swears he had it as well. They went to Orlando to run a marathon and hit up Disney World and came back sick as hell.

Stoked for all of you that can get out on the water. Anyone have a clue what the punishment would be if we bypassed the closed marina and launched from a beach?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shoebox
03-28-2020, 12:09 PM
Did anyone else get real sick back in December or earlier this year? I want to say I think I had coronavirus back before it was a thing. Had all the symptoms you read about. It was so bad I canceled going to the family a Christmas as I didn’t want to get anyone sick and stayed at home. I could barely get out of bed and if I did I would cough my ass off. It lasted longer than other sickness I’ve had like cold or seasonal flu. Doctors said I didn’t have flu and they didn’t know what it was other than appeared to be a bad upper respiratory infection. Gave me some meds and steroids and sent me in my way to deal with it at home. My daughter also had a bad case of Flu like symptoms earlier this year and did not test positive for the flu. Probably was the Rona. I’ve seen similar posts on FB and social media from many others. I think this was here long before Feb 2020 and I think it was spreading in China long before they made anyone aware. I mean they had test kits almost from the get-go so either they lied and tried to hide it or those fools are more efficient than we will ever know.

Anyways boat ramps here seem to still be open as I haven’t heard of any closings. They just want boaters to remain 50’ apart which is fine with me lol as we don’t normally hang in party coves and all that stuff. We boat to get away from people and all the crazies. We are just waiting for the pollen to get out and then for our storage building to get completed. Once that is done it’s on and we are hitting the water!!I may have had it as well. I went on a cruise Jan 5-12. I started getting sick as a dog on Jan 25. All the described symptoms, with none of the head-cold symptoms of a normal flu. Had a fever for 5 days, and couldn't get out of bed for almost a week. Stupidly, didn't go to a doctor, so no test for flu or otherwise. Still have a lingering occasional cough.

Shoebox
03-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Boat still in my shop. [emoji24] Spent some time putting down flooring in the loft. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200328/8127db07017c229f4bc97a28ada46ef8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200328/731f0fa152f9ab746ba3039038210574.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
03-28-2020, 01:00 PM
Sandbar partying is about to fuck things up for us. [emoji2959]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200328/60d0af1ac2a084223486f50723ea8ac7.jpg

rdlangston13
03-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Sandbar partying is about to fuck things up for us. [emoji2959]

If I ever make it home I think we will be hitting somerville. My dad said Conroe is as busy as July 4th weekend every day right now.

sandm
03-29-2020, 10:44 AM
Sandbar partying is about to fuck things up for us.

I am certain this is the reason mead is closed right now. the few jack it up for the many......
seems that some really have a hard time following the "rules" put in place whether you agree or not with what our leaders are doing.

MJHSupra
03-29-2020, 02:02 PM
I am certain this is the reason mead is closed right now. the few jack it up for the many......
seems that some really have a hard time following the "rules" put in place whether you agree or not with what our leaders are doing.

Social media just adds fuel to the fire when people are posting up pics.

zabooda
03-29-2020, 03:09 PM
Just got word from a friend that his cousin and others got a rental car and in an Airbnb in Wyoming so expect urban flight to a location near you. Sad.

Cactus371
03-29-2020, 10:58 PM
If I ever make it home I think we will be hitting somerville. My dad said Conroe is as busy as July 4th weekend every day right now.

We went out on lake Houston today and it was really busy for a March weekend. The water wasn’t bad at 75.

DFTR Josh
03-30-2020, 12:22 AM
I'm turning hoe's into housewives. Got hit with a 4 month forlough that's jacking up everything and adding way too much stress to the family. I've been in the process of starting a mobile detailing company. Well no better time than now. Started a 33' Searay today.

https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/91431230_1278831445840794_1457709198727970816_o.jp g?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=dd7718&_nc_ohc=EAR-5OGWFjQAX9OaP2I&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=58c13bc33c99f8c3d789cca15791a8c3&oe=5EA864E2

RUGER761
03-30-2020, 10:32 AM
Most of our local lakes are still open, some are flooded but the slowly coming down. We didn't make it out on the water this weekend, kids thought it was too cold, I promptly ordered them wetsuits as we normally don't go in March. We drove around one of our normal lakes that's flooded. People were still getting out camping, hiking, fishing, and playing on the water as per the rules that ok it as long as you keep your distance from others. Hopefully they follow the rules and keep it open for the rest of us.

RC_Hinojosa
03-30-2020, 11:05 AM
We went out on lake Houston today and it was really busy for a March weekend. The water wasn’t bad at 75.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLooking like rain all this coming weekend...but tomorrow looks clear.

May just block my Outlook and go get some fresh air out on the water.

Cabin Fever got me like "Here's Johnny!!" [emoji28]

jph3
04-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Hate to say it, but I’m going on 3 weeks straight, every day at 4p after putting in a full day of meetings.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/3e1da0cf90ca589c435dc04e3b22018f.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/a9ca8d62db8600668ebc124c52d3f2a0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200403/11fe59258709469acf950490f8363bef.jpg

PaulAnders
04-03-2020, 05:32 AM
i really thought about just sailing away