PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Outback V or 2014 Mondo

Jeepdavevb
02-26-2020, 08:44 PM
New here. Thanks for adding me. Looking for some advice so I thought I would confer with some experts. Looking at two boats. One a 2013 outback V the other a 2014 Mondo. Looking to mainly surf when not riding around. Over 10k difference in price. About the same hours. Thoughts ?

sandm
02-26-2020, 10:19 PM
my monies, mondo all day.
newer hull, deeper freeboard.

jason1973
02-27-2020, 09:46 AM
mondo for sure. The outback is a cross over but won't surf that well without tons of weight. Friend of mine has one.. good boat, but the mondo is nicer.

Jeepdavevb
02-27-2020, 02:39 PM
Yeah I'm a big fan of the mondo too . It's just the 16 k difference.

sandm
02-27-2020, 03:12 PM
here's my take.
if you are considering the mondo then guessing it's in your price range. as someone who started out in a supra 20ssv- very similar hull to the outback v- there is a chance you will grow out of the boat quickly if surfing is your primary goal. we did and if I could rewind the clock we would have selected a different boat to start with that would have kept us from upgrading down the road. it's always going to be cheaper to get the right boat the first time so although the v might be cheaper to start, when you get the bug to upgrade there will be more costs.
not sure of your location/budget and what you are looking for. in a similar pricepoint to those 2, see if you can source a newer lsv. the last few years of that model had a deeper freeboard and the few inches of added length over the v will help with a surf wave.

good luck.