PDA

View Full Version : Panel divider already reinforced from factory?

Surgical_ass
01-19-2020, 11:54 AM
Started to install some c channel on my panels to reinforce for bigger ballast (1280s) and I noticed that each panel divider has 2 metal plates installed from factory. Are you guys still installing channel along with the plates?

RC_Hinojosa
01-19-2020, 01:13 PM
Started to install some c channel on my panels to reinforce for bigger ballast (1280s) and I noticed that each panel divider has 2 metal plates installed from factory. Are you guys still installing channel along with the plates?Yes, my 17 Craz has the metal plates in the panel dividers and I had issues with factory 900s.

I added reinforcement going to Enzos, (1450s) on the panel themselves as well as at the base of the channel the slide into.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

Matt0520
01-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Yeah you’ll need extra reinforcement even with the stock 900s.

I actually ended up screwing in bar stock horizontally just above where the panel sleeves into the channel in the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarter20
01-23-2020, 10:45 PM
Yeah you’ll need extra reinforcement even with the stock 900s.

I actually ended up screwing in bar stock horizontally just above where the panel sleeves into the channel in the floor.

Did you have the panel blow out at the bottom, or did you just do it for precaution? My panels bow in, but I haven’t had them pop out yet. Maybe I should add some reinforcement.

RC_Hinojosa
01-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Did you have the panel blow out at the bottom, or did you just do it for precaution? My panels bow in, but I haven’t had them pop out yet. Maybe I should add some reinforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy panels broke the channels at the bottom and that was with the factory 900s.

I guess 17s were the beta testers because in the 17s, the channel for the engine panel is plastic. I believe for 2018, they switched to aluminum.

I used some "L" aluminum bar stock to prevent the engine panel from jumping the track.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

Matt0520
01-24-2020, 07:27 AM

Yep mine blew. Just one side

jcarter20
01-24-2020, 05:41 PM
Dang, I guess I better do a little reinforcing. My bottom channel is already aluminum’s.