PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mobius LSV - Single Bertha Ballast Issue

Shoemaker Mobius
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
OK, I have about had it. We have been having difficulties with the standard single bag Bertha Ballast filling with air. At times it appears that at least 1/3rd of the capacity is air. The dealer has examined the system and finds no problem, but it just started doing this last summer (our third year with the boat). While we have to get the boat up on plane to get the pump started, once its started we drain the bag and refill sitting perfectly still so its not that we are filling going too fast. At any rate, I give up. I want to look at replacing the standard bag with a bag that has a separate burp valve.

So, does anyone know what size the bag is? Also, what size is the Gravity Games bag? Does the GG bag have a burp valve? Since we are replacing the bag I want to get a larger bag. I know the GG bag is supposed to be bigger - does it just extend farther forward in the ski locker compartment? Also, what kind of connectors are on these bags? I can't get at the boat to look, but I know they are not screw on connectors. Any help would be appreciated.

rbc_racing
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I may not be any help but I'm having the same problem on mine, I get up to speed to get it started then idle while filling the bag and it still fills with air. I have to unhook the top line and let the air out and then finish filling it and I have the gravity ballast.