PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Bow Cleats

rdlangston13
11-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Has anyone ever added bow cleats to a Mojo? I feel like only only having cleats midship and aft on a 23' boat really limits your docking line options. What all extra bracing would be needed to add one more set of pull out cleats in the front?

Boonejeepin
11-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Has anyone ever added bow cleats to a Mojo? I feel like only only having cleats midship and aft on a 23' boat really limits your docking line options. What all extra bracing would be needed to add one more set of pull out cleats in the front?

Not sure if it overkill but the factory takes the time to glass in some reinforcement blocks. I would copy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarter20
11-26-2019, 11:27 PM
I added a bow cleat to my 05 Supra. I was able to get a fairly large piece of 1/2” plywood underneath for reinforcement. I would say it was probably 6”x6”. I did not glass it in and never noticed any issues with spider cracking. However, I am sure glassing in reinforcement is the best. It was just Pain in the ass to get too, so I didn’t do it.

rdlangston13
11-27-2019, 08:03 AM
I added a bow cleat to my 05 Supra. I was able to get a fairly large piece of 1/2” plywood underneath for reinforcement. I would say it was probably 6”x6”. I did not glass it in and never noticed any issues with spider cracking. However, I am sure glassing in reinforcement is the best. It was just Pain in the ass to get too, so I didn’t do it.

Yeah I was thinking of cutting a 1/2 board of HDPE to use as backing. not sure how to get it to flex and adapt the contour of the boat though.

jcarter20
11-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Can you use two 1/4” pieces and build it up? In fact, now that I think about it, that is what I did so it had some flex to match the slight curve.

rdlangston13
11-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Can you use two 1/4” pieces and build it up? In fact, now that I think about it, that is what I did so it had some flex to match the slight curve.

That could work. I also had the idea of heating up a 1/2" piece in the over to give it some flexibility and then just installing it really fast before it cools off too much.

MJHSupra
11-28-2019, 08:57 PM
That could work. I also had the idea of heating up a 1/2" piece in the over to give it some flexibility and then just installing it really fast before it cools off too much.

I assume that would form once the cleat was bolted through.

Add some adhesive like 4200 to 5200 and that would not be moving at all.