PDA

View Full Version : Trailer brakes

kmcg
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
I have a 2006 Mobius LSV on a single axel trailer. Does any one know how to adjust the braking force on the trailer? I need to increase the braking power.

csumerall
03-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I dont think you can adjust the brakes but you could always call boatmate they should know. Talk to owen

JesseC
03-14-2007, 12:59 AM
I am in the process of putting the surge breaks back together. Somehow my master cylinder becam full of water, so I broke it down cleaned everything and ordered replacement parts. From everything I have seen, I have not seen any adjustments for breaking adjustments. What kind of problems are you having? Could your bypass valve be stuck and your breaks are not truly working?

lowdrag
03-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't think you can adjust them either. The only option that I know of would be to convert them over to electonically controlled brakes and use a controller in the cab of the vehicle. However, I imagine that would be a pretty detailed and expensive project.

JoeTechie
03-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Can I ask the simple question ...

"Why?"

Even with the brakes out, your tow vehicle should be able to handle the process itself. The trailer brakes are "assist" brakes. If you are having problems, and they are not working, then take them to the dealer, they are under warranty and they will be repaired for free.

What are you towing with ?

-Joe

kmcg
03-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I am towing with a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner. I have talked with a dealer and they think I need to bleed the brakes. I did contact BoatMate and they recommended the same thing. I will let you know if it works.

Thanks for the help