PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to buy my swim platform?

barefooter
06-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Kinda weird question, but im buying a wood platform and have no use for my blue padded platform.....

Its in excellent shape...I will sell for for $145 and ill pay for shipping.

waterboy
06-28-2003, 06:15 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the wooden one going for? I was thinking about getting one, too.

Brian

outback-newbe
06-30-2003, 09:35 AM
I as well am curious about the wooden platform. I was all excited about not having to teak my deck anymore and threw my oil away when i bought my 03 Outback,...but the black coming off the rubber is really pissing me off. To spend even thismuch on a new boat and have black foot prints all over makes me wonder if the teak deck is a better solution.

SkiKY
06-30-2003, 04:15 PM
outback-newbe,

Just out of curiousity is your deck cover soft and somewhat compressable? I have seen 2003 Moomba's with the soft black rubber and others with a strange black composite similar in composition to a car's brake pad. I have the strange material on my deck and have no problem with the black coming off. It not as soft, but it seems impervious to fin nicks from putting on skis and the black doesn't come off. A deck with a different cover might be another possible solution.

outback-newbe
07-01-2003, 04:16 PM
My deck rubber is definitly a rubber and i can make a slight indentations in it but it is definitly not "soft" by anymeans you can see scuff marks where fins rub it but they seem to go away. I love the material,...just hate the fact that i get black foot prints that are a bitch to get off if they dry before i get to them.

DCM
07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
The new material is great, and it took longer for the black to actually show up than in other boats. What I normally do is take a scrub brush and some Fantastic and scrub the hell out of it. That will get rid of the black for a couple of weeks. After it starts fading again and the black comes back, do it again.