PDA

View Full Version : STEREO PROBLEM

pnichol080
03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Has any one had problems with their Kenwood stereo turning off and on? My stereo seems have a short somewhere cause when it kicks off sometimes the gas gauge along with all other gauges loses power also. I looked under the dash and moved some wires and everything came back on. I have been told that the stereo problem might really be an amp problem. I have the Kenwood amp that came with the boat my local dealer said the amp is overheating, and going into protection mode. If so why would the stereo shut off? Im not an audio guy, and if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Buttafewcoe
03-11-2007, 07:42 PM
That's the way a lot of amps are. The stereo should still be on, but because the output from the head runs through the amp, when the amp goes into protect mode. no sound.
The kenwood head unit, when volumn is turned way up, after a period will also cut in and out. Mine did until I found a good setting on the gains.
As far as the gas gage thing, beats me. I would not think they are related, but maybe. That sounds more of a grounding problem than being a stereo issue.

csumerall
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
have you checked to make sure that all of your battery connections are tight?

pnichol080
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know the size, make, and watts on the sub that comes from the factory for 2006 lsv. My boat is in storage and I bought It used at the end of summer. I want to upgrade my audio, and not sure what sub amp to buy.

Buttafewcoe
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I think I read 175W in another post, although that seems like an odd number.
B

pnichol080
03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Is it a 10" Kenwood?

MOOMBA_97
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Factory is a 10" Kenwood. I'm replacing mine with a Rockford.