PDA

View Full Version : A small Cat problem!!

TobesDubai
03-11-2007, 05:06 AM
I was driving out the marina looking forward to a day of Wake Boarding and a Cat appeared over my left shoulder, which was a surprise to us all.

Unfortunately we did not have time to grab it and it shot in side the locker behind the driver’s seat. Not worrying to much about it we made our way back to the pontoon expecting to get it out with no problem but when we stopped and removed the cushion it had vanished.

I noticed a small whole that is just below the driver’s seat which I assume leads down into the hull and bulk heads and I’m guessing it has gone down there.

Does any one know if its possible to access this area..??

Pike
03-11-2007, 05:20 AM
I started to read this and thought you were telling a joke. :D Good luck with your "cat problem" lol

moomba_armada
03-11-2007, 06:08 AM
so you have a cat-amaran now?!!! :lol:

anabolicone
03-11-2007, 10:20 AM
post at 406am - your up early - Let us know what happens with you CAT problem !

pickle311
03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
soak some food in anti-freeze, that will fix your problem. Or fill the bilge up with water, cats hate water. Try putting a trap in the boat and catch it, then soak it down with a water hose and it will never come back to your boat. We used to do that all the time. There was some old lady that had about a million cats and they would always get on our cars. I killed a few but I soaked most of them and they never came back.

tarkus70
03-11-2007, 01:40 PM
soak some food in anti-freeze, that will fix your problem. Or fill the bilge up with water, cats hate water. Try putting a trap in the boat and catch it, then soak it down with a water hose and it will never come back to your boat. We used to do that all the time. There was some old lady that had about a million cats and they would always get on our cars. I killed a few but I soaked most of them and they never came back.

Oh thats good eats anti-freeze and dies in hull of boat what a smell.

I am not a cat person but I hope you were kidding :D

pickle311
03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I was kidding about that, but I do hate cats.

qb12
03-11-2007, 03:01 PM
pickle,

i've got two dogs next door that never stop barking. do you have a good remedy for them. :x

db

Buttafewcoe
03-11-2007, 03:08 PM
A 30-30 or a 30-06 should do nicely. Prolly don't even need a scope, lest u're going for the sure kill. Reminds me of the days I used to pick off ppl like pickle.
I wonder if he lives in the jungle? That'd take me back.
:wink:
B

JoeTechie
03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
anabolicone -

He did not post at 4:06am - he is in Dubai !!! It is 9 hours later than the east coast. (or 1:06pm bord time)

:)

-Joe

pickle311
03-11-2007, 05:09 PM
you gotta be one bad mofo to hunt me down, and I shoot back lol. :lol:

Buttafewcoe
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry, cat person here.

waterboy
03-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Gotta chime in here, too. Anyone who likes animals and knows what antfreeze can can do to them would find that comment distasteful....it's a slow and painful death. Not funny at all.

Zihuatanejo
03-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Heres a little tip. The poison in antifreeze is called methonal and is highly toxic to humans and animals. However, if you ingest alchol it binds to the methanol and renders it harmless. So if your dog or cat gets into some antifreeze give it some alchol and they will be fine. The hard part is trying to get a dog to drink whisky.

JoeTechie
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
The poison in Anti-freeze is NOT methanol, it is Ethylene Glycol. The inducing of distilled or fermented spirits wich contaion ethanol is an emergency remedy for accidental induction, but getting the stomach pumped is the only true way to remove all the glycols.

And I'm a dog and cat person and this is disgusting even in the realm of humor. Shooting cats and dogs is just idiotic and juvinille. Expected from a 10 year old who has his first red-rider, but not grown men.

-J

anabolicone
03-12-2007, 08:50 PM
yep its ethylene glycol - not methanol

smokedog2
03-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Poor cat is just looking for a pull

Skin is getting thin, I just hope the ice is as well.

One cat, two dogs, 2 frogs and a zillion stuffed others

SD2

waterboy
03-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Amen, Joe.

4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 hamsters, 4 doves, 1 rabbit, one horse.

tarkus70
03-13-2007, 08:42 AM
OK it's a joke as stated on the first page( that is why I asked ) and as far as shooting a dog I don't think that was for real.

I hope this person gets the cat out of the boat before it does any damage.

I have dogs and have had cats and snakes and all sorts of animals as pets I would be upset at someone shooting a dog most of the time it's the owner that needs the bullet :D

disclaimer: above statement about owner is for humor only Tarkus does not condone the shooting of humans or dog or cats

Buttafewcoe
03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
No, and I would'nt shoot critters either. The comments made aforehand were made under emotional duress at the thought of poisoning cat, dog, whatever.
I am sorry if I offended anyone. I need me one of those disclaimers
Humble apologies,
B

Nafplio
03-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Two dogs and a catdog (yorkie) :) .

Find a non-threatewning way to present some food. Works every time.

tarkus70
03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Find a non-threatewning way to present some food. Works every time.[/quote]

I mean come on it's a cat all you have to do is sit down aren't they drawn to laps? Pet it( the cat ) a little and have it purring in no time. And of course what was said by Nafplio.

waterboy
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
You gotta wonder what Ed originally typed in order to edit it 3 times.........

zabooda
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Cats are like kids...they'll come out of their rooms when their hungry. When the cat gets hungry he/she will exit the boat for food sources. The hard part is knowing when the cat left the boat unless you see it running around again. Then quick, close everything up.

People need to refrain from doing illegal activities like feeding animals anti-freeze or you may see the authorities convert your boat into bond.

pickle311
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
"you gotta be one bad mofo to hunt me down, and I shoot back lol."

c'mon Pickle - everyone knows where Samsung is located :wink: .

good luck getting in, the security is tighter than most military bases. If you do get in, then try sorting me out of the other 2000 people in a clean room wearing a full smock :wink: , by the time you find me I will have recieved word and be waiting with my trusy bottle of Trimethylealuminum :lol:

you guys get all bent out of shape ove a joke, I personally have 2 dogs and a 130gallon saltwater reef full of fish and corals

waterboy
03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Look back in your original post and tell me where it says you were joking. You only said so after you were called on it.

BensonWdby
03-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey - it's a cat - Just stand outside the boat and demand that it stay in the boat.

pickle311
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Look back in your original post and tell me where it says you were joking. You only said so after you were called on it.

who cares? if I said I was joking, then I was joking. Get over it. :roll:

If you read the post you can tell I was more serious about spraying the cat with water.

zabooda
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
You know it's a slow time of the year for us boaters when we end up with three pages of threads on the topic of cats.

hiqualityH2O
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
No kidding zabooda. Although I have to admit I liked moomba-armada's comment on the "cat" amaran...

tarkus70
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm willing to make it go four it is winter you know. :twisted:

So did the Cat vacate the boat?

waterboy
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM
no, you weren't joking, pickle....then it was pointed out what a stupid remark that was so you backtracked.

Real funny joke.

qb12
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
no, you weren't joking, pickle....then it was pointed out what a stupid remark that was so you backtracked.

Real funny joke.

guys, chill please.

waterboy, i know you have been a great asset around this forum, and pickle was just making a joke to my original post about my neighbors dogs.

just for fun, how would you deal with 2 black labs, that started barking again this morning at 3 am. and yes i have discussed this with their owner and he just says he is sorry.

guess what, everyone within the next month will be able to blow of some of the winter depression with "hitting the water"

db

tarkus70
03-13-2007, 11:01 PM
I have never been one to be mad at the dog, well unless it's mine then there are some days I want to ship him back to Ireland. I stand by my post earlier that the owner is to blame. To me saying sorry would not cut it call animal control they will not take the dogs away the first time so maybe it might put the fear into him to take care of his problem of not having any control over his dogs.

disclaimer: Tarkus does not condone hurting any dog owner, or dog or cat and definitely my reef tank.

Still want to know if the Cat went away.

pickle311
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM

Real funny joke.

quit crying, I can go all day with this, I find it funny :lol:

BTW, I never backtrack on anything I say unless I'm totally wrong, then I'll admit that I'm wrong. In this case, yes I was joking. Obviously you can't see beyond the text and put a little humor behind it. I know that can be hard to do at times on the internet so maybe I should have pointed out that I was joking for the literal people and the tree hugging hippies.

SiglooLSV
03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Is this a sweet pickle or a dill pickle? Meow.....

JoeTechie
03-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey - it's a cat - Just stand outside the boat and demand that it stay in the boat.

This is someone who understands cat psychology !!!

-J

Boat Dog
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
This is someone who understands cat psychology !!!

Cats are alot like women!

Now that's a joke

Sorry Ladies :roll:

waterboy
03-14-2007, 12:50 PM
I certainly agree that the written word can be misinterpreted, and I'll accept the fact that you meant it as a joke.

As far as your comment about tree hugging hippies goes, I'm sure you were kidding about that too. Especially since cruelty to animals (like poisoning them with anti-freeze) is considered a crime punishable by imprisonment, and most rational people, not just tree huggers, would be upset by someone doing that deliberately.

If I offended anyone by my opinions on this, I'm truly sorry and I recognize this is a boat board, not a political forum. I hope ya'll can understand that as someone who's worked with animals for many years and seen firsthand just how cruel some people can be to an innocent and often helpless animal, I have a short fuse on the subject. Let us never speak of it again.

zabooda
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Case closed. Now for something totally unrelated. My calender shows Benito Juarez's birthday is March 21st. How are you going to celebrate it?

Buttafewcoe
03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Have a Corona, or 2
B

tarkus70
03-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll have a Tequila or ten for the event :D