PDA

View Full Version : Cold Ride in Mississippi today

04OUTBACK
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
It has been about 75 all week and I could not take it any longer... I picked up the boat from storage, Charged the battery, hooked up the flush pro and ran it for a few minutes, waxed her up and took her out today.

After riding up the river for a while, I saw a group of young kids on a sandbar swimming... I said, if they can swim, I can wakeboard... on came the wetsuit and ran a few sessions. I forgot about some of those muscles you only use while wakeboarding!! I tried to be conservative to keep from falling.... that did not work... still a little rusty....

Anyway...March 10, 2007, officially kicked off spring!

Hope everyone is good and ready to ride! :D

Anyone else (Not in Florida) Riding yet?

pickle311
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I plan on hitting the cable lake at TSR this weekend and I'll probably take the boat out next weekend. I'm in Austin TX and the weather here has been about the same.

SiglooLSV
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Alright, that's it.......I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow in Georgia. It hasn't been quite that warm here yet, but today was awful sunny and nice. I'll let you know how it goes here.

Yellowmobius
03-11-2007, 12:47 AM
One word guys ------ DRYSUIT

I am in Orlando right now, been boarding the last few days-Florida ROCKS!

I will be heading back to the frozen tundra (ND) tomorrow.
We will get started as soon as the ice is off the boat ramps!

Dave A
03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Just took mine in for the 100 hr. service and some other non mechanical issues. If I get it back, it is 70 this weekend, and I can find a driver, I'm goning to wakeboard..... after you quit hyperventilating, everything is good. I have a spring suit, when the kids get older, I might break down and buy a dry suit.

04OUTBACK
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a shorty 3/2 Wetsuit and a Full 3/2 Wetsuit... I am sure I would have difficulty finding a crew if I got a dry suit... plus... deer hunting occupies the coldest part of winter... plus work....

Good luck getting your boat out of the shop and riding.. I too hope to ride again Saturday..

Yellowmobius
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I just got back from the boat ramp...IT IS ICE FREE!
Looking at hitting it this weekend!

04OUTBACK
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
YellowMobius,
Please come visit in Mississippi...OUR BOAT RAMP Never even had ice on it! Man, I can't imagine ice on the boat ramp! Good Luck..

Forecast here Saturday....85!

:D

SiglooLSV
03-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Went out last weekend for a while. Beautiful day tricked me into getting in the water with a half wet suit. Actually wasn't too bad, but only made two runs each.

It's supposed to be in the upper 70s here in Georgia this weekend, so I think we will be out there again.

-Chris

bamwakeboarder
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey 04outback where at in madison mississippi do you live i also live in madison county (well i do when im no deployed over seas with the army) and i have ordered a mobius LSV and will pick it up in june while i am on R&R leave

04OUTBACK
03-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Bamwakeboarder,
I live out HWY 463 off Stribling Road...
Give us a shout when you come home for R/R
It is supposed to 85 Saturday... i think I'll forego turkey hunting for Wakeboarding.. Water is still cool, but I'll don the wetsuit again!

Hurry home safe....thanks for serving.

BW

bamwakeboarder
03-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Yea I live off robinson springs road off of 463 and ill hit yall up while im home do you take your boat to the res. very offten oh and if you have had a black street bike fly by you sorry im ussually in a hurry

SiglooLSV
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Bamwakeboarder,

I'm also in the Army, although not currently deployed. I did spend my year in Iraq for OIF I with the 4th Infantry Division. I'm stationed at Fort Gordon, GA now. Where are you located and with which unit?

Congrats on the new boat order. I have an '06 Mobius LSV. You are going to love it. We have had a blast on ours.

Well keep your head down until you get home safe.

Chris

bamwakeboarder
03-22-2007, 06:25 AM
siglooLSV

I am currently deployed in the balkins region in a country fighting for their independace from serbia called Kosovo on camp bondsteel and i am here with the 29th ID and am a flight medic and can not wait to get out on my new boat with my family but it will be short lived cause the rummor is we will be deployed again in march of 2008 but you know how rummors are in the army

mattva65
03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
bamwakeboarder, SiglooLSV Just want to say THANKS for serving our country.

danielson283
03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey guys I dont post much on here but I own a 1998 moomba outback. It has been warming up in Virginia so I got the boat running and out on the water yesterday(march 25). I had no intentions on wakeboarding but I grabbed the rope and wakeboard anyway :D I figured if the water was warm enough I would get in and test the new tower I put on this winter. Well the water wasnt warm enough but that didnt stop me from getting in. water temp was 58. No wet suit or dry suit. I went three pulls and couldnt feel my hands and feet anymore. I must say this is the earliest ive ever been. It was great :D

SiglooLSV
03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
bamwakeboarder,
I've never been to that region, but have many friends who have. Take care and let us know when you are back in the States. I would love to hear how GREAT it was to get out on your boat with the family!!!

mattva65,
Thanks for the kind words. We do love what we do.....and it's nice to know there are people out there who support us and understand the sacrifices.

Chris

bamwakeboarder
03-27-2007, 03:05 PM
siglooLSV
Will do I cant wait till R&R leave in june it seems like forever since i have been home

mattva65
as siglooLSV said thanks for the kind words it means alot to all of us to know that people support the work we have to do and i also love what i do