PDA

View Full Version : What size amp

pnichol080
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Just purchased 4 6.5" mb quart premium speakers recommended RMS power 60-130w. I also have the the sub from the factory, and would like to us one amp if possible. Has anyone upgraded the stock stereo and still be able to use the added remote thats located above the swim deck and the driver side. I went to upgrade the stereo at circuit city and they said they could, but I wouldn't be able to use the remotes. So I have not upgraded the stereo.

pickle311
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
If you want 1 amp I suggest a good 5 channel. The more power the better, seriously. You would probably come out better though going with a strong 4 channel and a separate amp for the sub. There's tons of good amps out there, it's all about how much you want to spend. I highly suggest Kicker amps, tons of good, clean power and affordable.
As for the remotes, you will probably be better off contacting Kenwood directly to get a list of models that will work with the remotes.

pnichol080
03-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Should I spend the extra for marine audio? I have done some homework and there are mixed reviews questioning the worth of marine rated.

pickle311
03-08-2007, 12:01 AM
not needed, just mount them high so water doesn't get to them