PDA

View Full Version : Waterski Racks

Matt Glenn
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I want to get a ski rack for my moomba outback. Has any one found a good one. I have been looking at the monster tower racks however I don't know if I like that it does not go on the cross bar.

Thanks for the help

Moomba rules

Matt

cptmoomba
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Matt,

Which tower do you have? I have the rag-a-cage and simply took the wakeboard racks that came as part of this years "wakeboard package" and put them on the upper cross bar and separated them as much as possible. I have a pair of skis on one side and my slalom and wakeboard on the otherside.

pickle311
03-07-2007, 04:45 PM
people still ski, that's so 80s :lol: , j/k I would think that any wakeboard rack will work. I personally use the Boss racks and they work great on the cross bar. I cant remember the website, but the company that makes the racks that come with our Moombas has them pretty cheap on their site.

zabooda
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Most wakeboard racks will not hold a waterski as the forks on the racks are too close together and the bindings are in the way. Conversely, a waterski rack will hold wakeboards where you need a bungee to hold the larger board on as the forks are shorter. CPT may have something with the adjustable forks. I have the Skylon ski rack and it does OK but there may be better racks out there. I bought mine in 2002 and I have to do occasional maintenance on it.

gotmyboat
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
That is what the storage across the back is for, unless you have a V. I can fit a couple of slalom skis, a pair of doubles, and some ropes in the back of my Outback DD. I am looking at racks for kneeboards.

Good luck,
Dave

zabooda
03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Amazing how much boats do change on the inside. The rear storage for skis was just a Skiers Choice dream when my boat was built (98 Mobius)as it didn't have rear storage or storage in the floor. I do have my kneeboards stored out of the way on each side of the boat.

csumerall
03-07-2007, 10:48 PM
heres the link for the guys that make the stock wakeboard racks on the moombas
http://www.xtremetowers.com/ecom/index.php?tplaction=details

cptmoomba
03-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Zabooda's correct, I have double up rack that csumerall linked to in his reply, you can adjust the width easily on them.

Matt Glenn
03-10-2007, 02:58 PM
So if I have this right guys. If I have moombas radacage tower (2006) I can get the double up wake board racks by XTP and they will fit a double boot waterski when they are pulled all the way out?

Thanks guys

cptmoomba
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Matt,

I am assuming the struts are the same for 2006 as 2007, I place the ski in the rack with the rear fork between the boots, keeps it tight and no rattle. I don't have full double boot slaloms(a carry over from growing up with a slow planing boat and learning by dragging a foot) Anyway, here are a couple of pictures that I took today.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cptmoulton27/album?.dir=/4fa3re2&.src=ph&.tok=phZMeaGBXPrMTpIe

Matt Glenn
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the help. The pics helped.