PDA

View Full Version : outback radio issues

csumerall
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
my boat is less than a year old, In december I installed my surius reciever for the deck. everything worked great. This weekend i was in the process of summerizing it an turned on the radio, but no sound. I called kenwood and they have no idea whats going on everything works on the deck end as far as cd player, tuner, surius, the display. Ive tried reseting the deck, checking the fuse, checking all the connections and still nothing. any ideas would be great.

cj11302000
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Thats weird...have you checked to see if the mute button or ATT button was pushed? The only thing I can think of is the connections on the back...but it sounds like you checed those. I have the same setup and have had no problems.

csumerall
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
yep, checked the mute button and its off, yesterday when i was messing with it, it showed code 099 which has to do with a deck malfunction but i reset the deck and its gone but the problem is still there

JoeTechie
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
If the boat is less than a year old, take it to the dealer and they will replace the head unit under warranty. Mine did the exact same thing (no error code, but no audio all of a sudden). This is what warranties are for. I'd call ahead so that they can get one for you before you arrive.

Enjoy the new head unit.

-Joe

csumerall
03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Took my boat down to the dealer on friday, they called on saturday said it was fixed. They dont know what was wrong with it so they just put in a new one on the plus side it was an upgraded radio from what I had before so it all worked out good

Buttafewcoe
03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Good to hear! (toons)((again))
B