PDA

View Full Version : Nautique G23 Paragon

Prospersigman
10-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Thoughts on the new Nautique flagship model...starting at $265,128

https://nautique.com/models/super-air-nautique-g23-paragon/overview

Turbinesurgeon
10-07-2019, 01:00 PM
How many Moombas can we get for $265,000???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
10-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Other brand posts on a Moomba site tend to get deleted...

Kind of looks like they ran into a dock with the bow though.

sandm
10-07-2019, 01:13 PM
anybody see this option? haven't heard of it before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aquatic+Invasive+Species+Filter+System+by +Mussel+Mast%27r&oq=Aquatic+Invasive+Species+Filter+System+by+Musse l+Mast%27r&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Turbinesurgeon
10-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Kinda looks like they got some design cues from Heydey.

Prospersigman
10-07-2019, 02:21 PM

Thought there was some interesting design ides on here that will no doubt trickle down to other models in the Nautique lineup and onto other brands surf boats.

The idea of the telescoping Tower is pretty cool and I also like the "surf subs" in the port and starboard corners.

I also like the transom seats design it is pretty cleaver.

Not sure I like the sea deck all across the top of the sun deck on the back...no cushions is interesting.

jason1973
10-07-2019, 03:43 PM
There are some pretty nice features on this boat (NOT the tower which is ugly as ever) but at $265k thats just insane. I am sure they will have some buyers but wow. All to surf and wakeboard when other boats can throw a just as good wave?

KnoxMojo
10-07-2019, 06:00 PM
anybody see this option? haven't heard of it before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aquatic+Invasive+Species+Filter+System+by +Mussel+Mast%27r&oq=Aquatic+Invasive+Species+Filter+System+by+Musse l+Mast%27r&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Centurion has had the system since 2015, can also add to most boats as an aftermarket kit.

MJHSupra
10-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Thought there was some interesting design ides on here that will no doubt trickle down to other models in the Nautique lineup and onto other brands surf boats.

The idea of the telescoping Tower is pretty cool and I also like the "surf subs" in the port and starboard corners.

I also like the transom seats design it is pretty cleaver.

Not sure I like the sea deck all across the top of the sun deck on the back...no cushions is interesting.

Those were my first thoughts too . . .

zabooda
10-08-2019, 12:37 AM
I expect safety issues with the rear transom seats both in occupant containment and the breathing air. A lot of risk. What other boats have occupants sitting on the transom?

DNIXD99
10-08-2019, 06:23 AM
I like it, but probably a huge gas hog. At 7400lbs, its like cruising with all of your stock ballast full on a Moomba.

MJHSupra
10-08-2019, 09:05 AM
I like it, but probably a huge gas hog. At 7400lbs, its like cruising with all of your stock ballast full on a Moomba.

I assume people that buy $275-300K boats do not care about gas, the price of the new truck to pull it, the size of the boat lift, or much less keeping up with the cleaning and detailing. They have 'people'.

trayson
10-08-2019, 11:36 AM
This trend has been happening since the mid 2000's... They figured out when the economy started booming that as expensive as they can make these boats, people will buy them... Because they CAN. No one "needs" a Paragon. But Nautique is smart in that they've basically created the G-Wagon of the Boat world. Total status symbol.

I expect safety issues with the rear transom seats both in occupant containment and the breathing air. A lot of risk. What other boats have occupants sitting on the transom?

Just like the rear facing lounging seats on a Yamaha jetboat, they are typically advertised for when the boat is not in motion. With FAE, it wouldn't be a problem. that said, most states would pen them not legal while in motion, even though plenty will use them.

I assume people that buy $275-300K boats do not care about gas, the price of the new truck to pull it, the size of the boat lift, or much less keeping up with the cleaning and detailing. They have 'people'.

Yes, I agree. I have a couple friends that have regular G23's... and one of them has the Supercharged 550. both of them will motor as fast as the boat will take them to get from point to point. Sometime not bothering to drain the ballast. Some of us care about gallons per hour. They care about not running out of grey goose and how many chicks are coming on the boat.

sandm
10-08-2019, 12:32 PM

along with tray's thoughts, go check out any 25ft+ motor yacht and you will see a similar dual transom seats facing the swimdeck and outside the "lounge" area. pretty common for the last 15 years. pavati and mastercraft(see mc 300 yacht) are the first from a wakeboat builder(that I recall) to incorporate but they have been around for a minute. some tooners have fishing seats aft of the motor on the sponsons. they are within the "fence" so legal but still back of an outboard. same concept and been around for years.
fae would not worry me in the least to chill back there with the boat running, moving or not.

now as to it's legality, I can tell you firsthand that in nevada riding on those seats at greater than 5mph is a $305 thank you :( other states may choose to look the other way.
sitting on those seats while surfing? heck ya. I'd do it all day(if I could). sitting on them while towing a slalom skier. nope. but we have to enact a law due to some duma$$ doing it. sometimes I think darwinism should prevail :) :)

tre
10-08-2019, 03:47 PM
They are only making 49 of these. They are pumping the price based on exclusivity and low volume. Frankly, I'd be pretty shocked if they sell all 49. Who is going to pay that price for a G23 with some gaudy additions? Who would pay that for a 23 foot wake boat?

996scott
10-08-2019, 04:01 PM
every time i have said, "who in the world would pay that kind of money for ...." I have been proven wrong. If you build it there are crazy people out there with more $ than brains and will step up and throw down the $$$$$.

zabooda
10-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Kevin O'Leary would but eventually be destroyed.

sandm
10-08-2019, 06:22 PM
this isn't cc's first paragon boat. they sold all the last run back in the late 90's for insane monies back then. I bet a beer they will sell all of these. it might take them 1.5 years to move through them but I bet they all sell. some will find daily use on the water, some will be garage queens.

Turbinesurgeon
10-08-2019, 07:17 PM
I thought no one would pay 6 figures for a wake boat a few years ago but now it’s common. I think they use a few of these high end boats to make the prices of their other boats seem more palatable.

Edo88
10-08-2019, 07:37 PM

Pavatti has been doing it for a while
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191008/6ed2dc1f255ea1d1d55b1ee2af86bc64.jpg

rdlangston13
10-09-2019, 08:58 AM
They are only making 49 of these. They are pumping the price based on exclusivity and low volume. Frankly, I'd be pretty shocked if they sell all 49. Who is going to pay that price for a G23 with some gaudy additions? Who would pay that for a 23 foot wake boat?

The Houston dealer sold one already and the salesman said Natique had 25 customer orders within the first hour of being able to order...

MJHSupra
10-09-2019, 11:31 AM
I agree and think they will sell.

They have all the marketing data on what they are selling now and what could be sold in the future based on that price-point.

We have the G23s and G25s around Knoxville, so I'm sure sooner or later a few will show up. So that leaves 47.

jason1973
10-09-2019, 02:45 PM
As long as people keep buying $265k boats, boat prices will keep rising whether they are worth the price or not.

Branden967
10-09-2019, 03:51 PM
As long as people keep buying $265k boats, boat prices will keep rising whether they are worth the price or not.

Great point, I refuse to buy one. That is until I win the lottery.

MJHSupra
10-09-2019, 04:34 PM

Yep, downturns the stock or housing market will put a chill on the boat market.
When jobs slow down and banks are get stingy with money, things change.

sandm
10-09-2019, 07:11 PM
^^ this, and it's probably time for another market correction. boat pricing has gotten way outta hand. that you can't shop any of the premium boat builders anymore for under pushing 110k it's pretty ridiculous and mid60's to start up to 100k for value lines is just as silly.

food for thought. in 4 years from 2015 to 2019 base sa400 no options no add ons increased 28% in price. not picking on supra as I know all of them are just as high or higher and some options are now standard but that's a pretty healthy increase when inflation is up single digits.
onlyinboards(has to have some killer marketing data) shows 350 2019 model year boats with prices listed. it's over 1200 if you omit pricing(probably some duplication or ads that have already sold). 2/3 of them are over 90k and 1/3 are over 120k.
that tells me that either value boats are selling quickly and no need to list or dealers are ordering more premium boats due to margins and overall sales.

z28ke
10-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Pavatti has been doing it for a while
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191008/6ed2dc1f255ea1d1d55b1ee2af86bc64.jpg

Pavati has proven there is a market for $250k+ wake boats so it makes sense for Nautique to try and and get a piece of that market share.

I believe my favorite feature is the telescoping tower.

Matt0520
10-11-2019, 11:38 AM

The Mastercraft X22/24 has seats right there.

Matt0520
10-11-2019, 11:39 AM
The Houston dealer sold one already and the salesman said Natique had 25 customer orders within the first hour of being able to order...

I believe it. I’ve heard N3 in Indy has a few orders come in the last day or two as well.

I think it’s sick looking, would definitely take it over the Malibu M240.

larry_arizona
10-14-2019, 07:43 PM
The paragon is impressive!!

7400# boat weight is insane, definitely going to need a 3/4 ton to tow that boat.

Target audience is going to have a multi million dollar lake home anyways.